“Excellent restaurant”
Review of Matwerk Kitchen

Matwerk Kitchen
Ranked #90 of 554 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a good spirit, the food is absolutely excellent, pricelevel is fair and the people here are professionals. Unfortunately I had stomach problems during our visit so I had no appetite and could not eat.This was immediately noticed by the cook, and the restaurant leader was also asking to my missing appetite. The result was that I was served a Fernet Brancha on the house to fix my stomach and make me feel better. Meanwhile, my husband was enjoying the three well prepared dishes. He was happy, and I felt better. We would very much like to come back and give both of us the good experience of good nordic kitchen as it is served at Matwerk. Try it!t

Reviewed 20 April 2018

The meal was excellent, very well prepared and the ambiance of the place matched the food. It was a more refined dining experience that didn't have the expensive price tag I had come to expect with Icelandic restaurants. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I had dinner here on a business trip. I did not have so much time as I had to leave for the airport.
Ordered the langoustines as a starter and the lamb shanks with risotto as a main. The waiter was swift and service was just fine - in contrary to what other have experienced. I asked for rushing my main course which they did without giving in on the quality.
THe only remark I have is that the main was quite salty, but I have experienced the habit of using excess salt in other places too.
The prices are reasonable compared to to other places. I will be back again!

1  Thank Wim_Pluimers
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Our hotel gave us this recommendation which was a shame. We were seated downstairs near the kitchen and were served but a very young lady who must have been new to service industry. She was unfamiliar with the menu and seemed not very happy to be at work that day. My husband ordered mussels - 3,950 isk (£28) for 20 mussels. They were distinctly average. All the sides and extras are added onto you bill, its one of those places that you have to pay more if you want a carrot on your plate. I ordered the salted cod. It was lonely. There are obviously more positive reviews for this place so perhaps we caught it on a bad day but the server really had an impact on our enjoyment of the place.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We took the menu and it was realy delicious. We got good value for our money. The waitress was also very friendly.