All reviews separate building living room private sauna nice hotel lake view breakfast buffet balcony possibility
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Location was hidden away 20mins from town centre with a nice view to the north late, we spent hours taking beauyiful photos of sunset at 11pm ;)

Nice clean duplex room with our own personal sauna. A convinient store and two good restaurants serving food till late. It's a shame the spa pool is so expensive so we didnt try it out, and there are no separate swimming pool available for residents.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
HCTampereenKylp... R, shift manager of reception at Holiday Club Tampereen Kylpyla, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi,
and thank you for your review!

We are glad that you enjoyed our calm and beautiful lakeside location near the city center as well as spacious suite with your own sauna.

We hope to see you as our guest again!

shift manager of reception, Holiday Club Resorts, Tampere Spa

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Been here couple of times. I have no complains for the service. The rooms are modern and clean. The spa is nice, it has a Turkish sauna in it. Great breakfast with a chance of waffles. Most of the parking lots cost your money, so expect to pay more.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hi Tony,
and thank you for your review!

Nice to hear that you have visited us several times! It´s even nicer to know that the service, room facilities, saunas and breakfast have all impressed you. We sure hope to see you as our guest many times again!

Best wishes
shift manager of reception, Holiday Club Resorts Tampere Spa

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel pretty late on the first night. When arriving to the room you could immediately tell it was dirty. It wasn't vacuumed for the past couple of weeks, glasses were disgusting, dust everywhere, no soap in the bathroom, bed sheets very stained and dirty, and overall everything from walls to floor was stained.

I tried to call front desk but the phone wasn't working. I went to reception and asked to get the sheet changed that night and rest of the room cleaned next day. First person I talked to was nice and polite but as I went back later on since I forgot to ask for soap I got a sarcastic reply, "are you a professional in the cleaning industry" from another receptionist. Needles to say I found this very unprofessional.

By the end of my two night trip only thing that was cleaned was the sheets. They "cleaned" the whole room next day but same dust balls were still in place as were the dirty glasses as well.

The rooms also need some new furnishing as they feel very outdated. The spa is basically one big pool and then couple of hot tubs. I have a swimming hall next to my house which is more of a spa then this was. Based on the horrible cleaning and bad customer service I got I would not recommed the hotel to anyone.

Breakfast was very good though. That was the only positive thing on the trip.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HCTampereenKylp... R, vastaanoton vuoropäällikkö at Holiday Club Tampereen Kylpyla, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi HrHipsu,
and thank you for your review!

First of all I want to apologize for our reception staff for not reacting professionally on the matter. We´ll disgust this case with people involved for sure to improve our service in the future! Our guests well-being is important to us and we normally would try our best to help with whatever cause. We are sorry that we didn´t come through when you needed.

Your feedback will be send to our cleaning service provider as well. On their behalf I´m sorry that even the second cleaning was not made properly. We assure that this is not our normal standard of cleanup.

I´m glad that the breakfast was good and you had at least one enjoyable experience as our guest.

We would love if you could give us a second chance to prove that we are definitely not the dirtiest hotel in Finland nor have we a bad service!

Best wishes,
shift manager of reception, Holiday Club Resorts Tampere Spa

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We visited this spa for the first time in many years, now with the kids (6,4 and 1). We stayed for three days and were very happy with the experience.

The hotel was, as some have mentioned, a bit outdated and worn out, but it wasn't that bad and did not affect our stay. The location on Lake Näsijärvi is simply amazing: our hotel room was on the 8th floor and the view from the balcony was gorgeous. In the summer it would have been so nice to sit on the balcony enjoying the view. A very big downside during the winter was that there is no direct access to the spa from the hotel: we had to put on bathrobes and slippers and walk through a busy parking lot in freezing weather to get to the spa. With small kids this was no walk in the park.

The spa is rather small but cosy, and I have always enjoyed the atmosphere rendered by the massive stone wall that encompasses the pools. There are just a few pools but for kids in the same age as ours they were very adequate and a lot of fun. For bigger kids and teenagers the spa might be a bit too small and peaceful. A major downside for toddlers is that the kids' pool is too deep. Our 1-year-old (who already walks) went under water every time she stumbled in the pool so it was not entirely relaxing to try to keep her safe. I enjoyed the water aerobics class twice a day. There were a couple of large changing cabinets which were big enough for our whole bunch and that was a welcome bonus.

The playroom for kids is quite small and did not inspire our kids for long, and there was no supervised playroom with a caretaker as in most Holiday Club hotels. I did not visit the gym since I was having too much fun with water aerobics, but my husband did and according to him it was fairly okay (even though in the morning when the spa was closed you had to circle the building from the outside to get to the gym).

We had dinner a few times at the restaurants, and we were pleasantly surprised that you can also order from the Classic Pizza restaurant while sitting on the Arthur side. We only had one person in our group who enjoys pizza, so it was nice to be able to order from Arthur's menu for the others. The service was very friendly and welcoming, both in the hotel, spa and the restaurants alike. The breakfast was very good as well.

I would recommend this spa for families with small kids or couples wanting to relax in a quiet and peaceful spa. The location is also superb for outdoor activities (walking or skiing on the lake in the winter and hiking in the nearby Kauppi forest area in the summer).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HCTampereenKylp... R, vuoropäällikkö at Holiday Club Tampereen Kylpyla, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi Hanna,
and thank you for your review!

Nice to hear that your family has enjoyed your holiday here in Tampere Spa!
We are very proud of our beautiful lakeside location which provides our guests both with amazing views and outdoor activities. We are glad that you found the views stunning and liked the coziness of the room.

It pleases us that you have tried many of our services and liked them (water aerobics, gym and restaurants). We know that it´s a bit challenging to move between our two buildings to get to the spa - specially with small children! Our main building, where the spa is located, is historical and listed so that we can´t do many big renovations like building a tunnel between buildings. This is why we have private changing rooms for our guests in the spa area, so nobody needs to cross the yard with just bathrobe on.

We hope to see your family as our guest soon again!

Shift manager of reception, Holiday Club Tampere Spa

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Really nice place. Near lake. Good rooms many with balcony. Really helpfull staff. Breakfest was nice also. Spa is quite small. 2 saunas. 2 jacuzzi. 1 bigger pool. 1 mineral pool. 1 cold water pool. Its ok but there is better spas in finland.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lari V
HCTampereenKylp... R, vastaanoton vuoropäällikkö at Holiday Club Tampereen Kylpyla, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi Lari,
and thank you for your review!

Nice to hear that you have liked our spa facilities, beautiful lakeside location and breakfast. Spa is indeed pretty small, but we like it for its private and peaceful atmosphere.
We put big effort on the level of our customer service and it makes us glad to hear that we have succeeded with you! It is our pleasure to make our guests holiday experience as fluent and pleasant as possible!

We hope to see you as our guest soon again!

shift manager of reception, Holiday Club Tampere Spa