“Awful”

Ranked #172 of 1,802 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We are regulars at Runerberginkatu Lie Mi, where food is always tasty and service fast and friendly. So we expected Eerikinkatu to be the same, but it was everything but. The salad buffet was much smaller with many salad bowls sitting empty even though the restaurant wasn't that busy.

We wanted to order the daily curry as a vegan choice, like we always do in their other restaurant, but were given a lecture instead. Service was the rudest we have ever experienced. Had another dish in the end, because the waiter refused to ask the kitchen for vegan option, and it was so greasy I couldn't finish it. Never again.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch after a recommendation from a friend. It was in the afternoon so I was able to get the €11 pho special. My boyfriend got the pork belly pho whilst I got the meatball and beef pho. The one thing I love most about the dish is definitely the rich flavourful broth. It’s so good and very close to being authentic. However, the protein could’ve been cooked better. The beef slices were a bit chewy and pre-cooked rather than using thin raw slices on top and letting the hot broth cook it. I’m surprised at the texture of the meatballs! I love it as it resembles meatballs you find at street vendors is South Easy Asian. However, my boyfriend hated the chewy, sausage like texture. However, I would still go back as it was overall still a good lunch

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had dinner with friends in this tiny restaurant. You really need to make a reservation at least for the evenings. The food was very good and tasty. We ordered a lot of different dishes and enjoyed the creativity of them. The "tacos" on the menu are not really tacos, there savoury Chinese style pancakes and delicious. The prices were very affordable. A bottle of Prosecco was 28€ which is quite okay. The plates were plastic so the feeling of a street food joint was quite authentic. The service was rather unprofessional but we did not mind. The only really unpleasant feature was the greasy smelly air which made our clothes stink. So don't wear anything fancy to this place. But regardless, this was s very nice experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent. The service was very friendly and quick.
I would definitely eat here again.
The „Vietnamese“ aspect may be a bit lacking, but the food, especially the Shanghai tacos, is delicious.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Been here several times and the quality of the dishes is good every single time. The atmosphere is really laid-back and great for meeting up with friends.