Open today: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome tour including food, culture and history

My husband and I lucked out being the only two on Heather’s tour today. This tour is labeled as a... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018
EKR13
Terrace, Canada
via mobile
History, Culture, Food and Drink

We were very fortunate to have a small group of 4 on our tour on a rainy Saturday in Helsinki but I... read more

Reviewed 17 October 2018
Banjo1990
Melbourne, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from US$46.20
from US$161.60
Helsinki Card
93 Reviews
from US$55.40
from US$17.30
More Info
All reviews food tour finnish food wonderful introduction skip breakfast finnish culture special tour special food tour today great tour food hall private tour five hours walking tour micro brewery friendly guide personal tour highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

A really good way to spend a few hours in Helsinki. There was just two of us on the tour and we booked at very short notice. Heather was very approachable, knowledgeable and helpful.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Alastair K
Reviewed 25 November 2017

My husband and I booked this tour because we knew we were going to be in Helsinki over the American Thanksgiving holiday and thought this would be a good way to celebrate. I'm so glad we did!

Heather is incredibly easy to communicate with to set up the tour. She was very thorough in making sure we knew where we'd be meeting, and she made sure we were prepared for the weather (since we'd be walking outside). Her knowledge of food history, and Helsinki history was very much appreciated, as I've never been to the city before. We even took a couple of stops so she could show us some things that Helsinki/Finland is known for. And of COURSE we had great food!

I highly recommend this tour. One of the things that stood out the most to me was that there were only three of us, it was windy and snowy, and she still conducted this tour. She runs a business she cares about and it shows!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you want to know a people, a culture, a tradition, then learn their food. If you find yourself in Helsinki, Heather will not only provide a great introduction to the food of the area, and a tasty one at that - but give you a tour of the great city at the same time.

We went with our seven year old son, JJ, who enjoyed the tour so much - and has asked me to learn how to make their traditional porridge.

A good walking tour, about four hours, with plenty to eat, plenty to learn and you will see everything. Finland has a unique culture and heritage, and is embracing it through their food.

Instead of spending a lot of money on shore excursions from your cruise ship, do yourself a favor- check in with Heather, and you won't be sorry. - Oh, and make sure she has you try some of their sweets.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 19 September 2017

From the time of booking to the day itself - absolutely seamless and interesting! Great food, and so much history! A beautiful way to learn about Helsinki and its food history and seeing some of the beautiful sights along the way! We loved Stockmann! We are still working our way through all the Lakrids we bought home, and look forward to visiting Helsinki again in the future!

Date of experience: August 2017
Heather D, Owner at Heather's Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you Troll2010, for taking the time to comment and sharing your experience from start to end (and beyond!). Enjoy your Lakrids! A little liquorice birdy tells me that there are new flavours now ;)

Safe travels
Heather

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My group of eight signed up for Heather's tour as part of Helsinki stop on a Baltic Cruise. What a unique experience! Heather took us on what was basically an in-depth walking tour of this beautiful city but with eight different yummy food stops to experience all types of unique Finnish foods, from morning porridge and coffee, to licorice, to sausage, to reindeer meatballs, to interesting fruits, fish, and cheeses, and deserts. A must-do if you like experiencing different foods, different culture, and you have a day to explore Helsinki. It was a great mix of food and history!

Date of experience: August 2017
Heather D, Owner at Heather's Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear GWBridgeNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences - I'm glad you enjoyed the mix of history and food (and a touch of public transport as well!).

Safe travels!