All reviews basic amenities metro station rooms are clean hotel is located great hotel closet iron supermarket fridge desk receptionist furniture euros stops lobby tv airport
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We utterly loved this hotel. The staff were exceptionally friendly, the beds clean and comfy, and it was across from a large supermarket where we could get cheaper food for picnics. The metro is behind that supermarket and you are literally 5 minutes from all the historic sights. There’s a Burger King, McDonald’s and a Finnish-Asian fusion restaurant in the supermarket’s mall as well as a hardware and pet store! The hotel staff went out of their way to assist me. Due to their kindness, the comfy beds, and the metro, I would definitely stay here again. Helsinki is a grand place to visit, and I would love to come back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki West-Ruoholahti, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear valued guest Jean M, Thank you so much for your stay and for your amazing feedback that really gives us all believe in the things we are doing together to please our guests. I have such a great pleasure to thank them all for you as well and make their day.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I used this hotel as my base for exploring the region (Lapland and Tallinn) and stayed three different times over one week. This hotel was well on its way to earning five stars but for one incompetent agent at my last check in who could not find my reservation on a night when the hotel was fully booked. The problem does not deserve a lot of space, but it caused much unnecessary stress at the end of a nine hour train ride. Otherwise I received stellar service, had comfortable (though smallish) rooms, and a quiet neighborhood, I recommend the hotel for those who don’t mind staying a tad away from the action.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki West-Ruoholahti, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear valued guest KansasKurmudgeon, Thank you for your stay and for your kind and important feedback. I do apologize for all inconvenience caused during the stay where your reservation was not found first. This should not happen of course. I shall see to this issue and find out what went wrong in the first place since we do want to make it better than this.

Thank you for pointing out all the fine service as well during your other stays and I have the pleasure to thank our staff members for you as well.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

A business oriented hotel in a pretty busy business area well worth a stay for even leisure travelers. The location is maybe not the best if you really want to stay in downtown Helsinki but within a walking distance and easy access by metro. Several restaurants and some shops around the corner thou. And even if the hotel is located by a highway we didn't hear a thing from outside.
The room was big enough, had all the basic amenities, minibar, closet, ironing facilities, closet, water boiler with tea and a safety box. The Wifi worked very well and was fast enough. The toilet was ok size, lots of space to store/keep your toiletries which is a bit rare in many hotels. The shower area was pretty clean, even though the mixture of shampoo / shower gel is maybe not really the best solution.
The room was clean except a couple of stains on the carpet.
The topper was in any case the breakfast which was more than great! So much to choose from, very good selection of hot and colder dishes, bread, juices and other beverages, fresh fruit, vegetables, several types of cheeses, pastries and much more. The area becomes pretty crowded thou so reserve a bit of time if you want to really enjoy your breakfast and the variety of foods.
Easy access, no extra steps in front of the entrance, lobby or corridors, 3 elevators and a colorful and cozy lobby area.
The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Would definitely go back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki West-Ruoholahti, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear valued guest RoadCalls, Thank you for your stay and for your fine and detailed feedback giving a lot of information to other travelers as well about our hotel & services and its surroundings as well.

I shall have a look at the carper stains together with our executive housekeeper if there is anything we could do to remove the stains or change the carpet.

I'm truly happy to share this with our staff members and thank them for you as well.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Very good hotel, nice and clean. I have attached a photo of the beds (without being used) and TV - just as I came in for the first time. Location is good enough, just a few minutes’ walk from Ruoholahti Metro (underground) station.
If you want cheap and delicious hot food then visit S-Market Ruoholahti which is just by the Metro station - they have hot and cold food counter, but try to make it before 7pm as hot food may be sold out.
This hotel has its own restaurant - so feel free to see their menu, you may like it (I've not tried it). If your booking does not explicitly mention Breakfast included then assume no breakfast is included. Adding breakfast later will cost 20 Euro per day.
Toilet is nice and clean (but basic). There is a small fridge but no microwave, but there is a kettle for making tea, coffee. Wifi is free.
TV is there and plenty of cupboard and wardrobe to store your items and there is an iron (for clothes).
Tip to find this hotel (if you are there for the first time) - try to spot big Accenture building - it is by that building - slightly inside, so can't be seen from distance unless you stand right in front of this hotel. No need to hire a taxi if you have arrived in Ruoholahti Metro (underground) station, you can walk. Room air conditioning was good and there is a nice, big window.

If you want to visit Seurasaari Island, find bus number 24, it would be 10 min walk from this hotel and bus 24 is the best option. Seurasaari Open air museum is excellent (9 EUR entrance fee but opens at 11am for most of the time). It remains closed after September but check website for details.
If you reach The Market Square, you can pretty much see all of the tourist attractions. No need to hire guide or bus trip if you want to save money. Very easy to reach The Market Square from this hotel. Just take Metro and get off to University of Helsinki stop (universitet). Then it’s just 5-10 min walk depending what you are aiming to see/visit. Don’t forget Market Square’s fried fish and potatoes – they are good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki West-Ruoholahti, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear valued guest Troy-BTN, thank you for your stay and for your fabulous insight of your stay and of your visit in Helsinki. What a pleasure to hear all this. Thank you for sharing this fabulous feedback with all of us. I'm sure this will get many of us inspired as well.

I'm happy to share your story with our staff members as well and thank them for you for the job well done as well.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Recently done up place. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff is superb and very responsive and they are more than helpful. They will attend to all your queries with patience and very cheerfully. Location is amazing. Metro station is at 500 meter distance and the City Centre is two stations away. Besides there are shopping mall with cafes right across the HotelThe Hotel is almost hugging the Western Harbour. We were fortunate to have a room on the higher floor and Sea facing for which I wrote a mail in advance and the administration was nice enough to accede to my request.
Breakfast is pretty decent.
Very nice experience and we enjoyed our four days stay
One more thing. If you are going to this place from Airport and have to take a cab, opt for yellow cab.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest chann46i, Thank you for your stay and for your fabulous feedback about everything at the hotel and around us. Thank you also for the tips to other guests. It is such a great pleasure to be able to thank all our staff members for you as well and make their day.