All reviewsmonte rosabar grillrooms are smallrecommend this hotelnice hotelcentral locationshort staynice breakfastvery pleasant stayrestaurants and barsbus stopreception staffmidnight sunsanta claus villagebullreindeermirror
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Rooms were small but cozy. Enjoyed the health shots at breakfast. There was a positive vibe overall at the property.
The location was very convenient with restaurants in close vicinity. Overall, the experience was quaint and charming .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We chose to stay at this hotel in Rovaniemi as it is so well located in the city centre. Some reviews were not so good, however I believe the hotel is being renovated and our room was well appointed, including the bathroom. Reception staff were helpful and offered a packed breakfast as we were departing on an early train on checkout day.
On our last night we ate in the restaurant, the food was good and the wine list better than many in this part of the world. Our waitress was excellent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Great location, walking distance to Polar Museum, malls, tourism office and only a few mins from restaurants and bars.

Low point 1: very small bathrooms - could do with an update, especially the shower - which just had a concertina folding door to stop the toilet let getting wet. Our shower would only run at hot at random times during your shower.

Low point 2: most of the front desk concierge staff were very very helpful and polite except for the tall blonde lady with short hair. While she was polite, she was very unhelpful and either indifferent or incompetent when I really needed help! I don’t speak Finnish and I was having an asthma attack and trouble breathing. I asked her for help to call a doctor. I didn’t have a local mobile phone and she said we can’t make local calls from the phone in the room (weird) so I had no other choice. She dialled and then just passed the phone to me (which I think was her personal mobile). There was a message in Finnish so of course I couldn’t understand and asked her to translate, she said that all lines were busy and I should try again and walked away. I felt like I was begging for assistance as I asked her to try another doctor after a couple of attempts and I think I was getting on her nerves by then. After some prompting she found a doctor closer - I couldn’t walk far with asthma in minus 10 deg! Anyway I was lucky that the receptionist at the other doctor could speak English and booked me in right away. The doctor, by the way, was was EXCELLENT and great customer service at their reception desk. When I got back there was some one else at reception who was VERY helpful in directing me to a pharmacy, she even walked me out of the hotel to point me in the right direction. I wish she was at the desk when I needed the doctor! She also organised taxi for us when we left. As I said the rest of the staff were really nice!

End on a high point: their restaurant is excellent. Breakfast was good but dinner was VERY VERY good. The waitress recommended a local dish - reindeer on mash potato. I had that same dish a few times during my stay on Finland and none were as good. So bravo to the chef!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent stay. We were 2 persons with a dog. Room was very small, but definitely clean, neat and comfortable. Very good service, reception, nice breakfast. Restaurant Monte Rosa has very warm and cozy athmosphere. Excellent location in the city center. Right next to the hotel located Safarimarket - travel bureau with great offers for activities.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Such a nice crew working the front desk. Very comfy room on 2nd floor. Bright, clean and ok size. And yes, the bathroom could be a bit more spacious - but we are above 66°N and not in the big cites down south. Great value for a such a location in the heart of the city. Nothing to add. Will be back

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo