Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$107
View deal
Expedia.comUS$107
Hotels.comUS$107
PricelineUS$107
eDreamsUS$107
FindHotelUS$107
TravelocityUS$107
All reviews the river nice hotel porridge snow shoes cold cuts yogurt isn t ice fishing nord club sauna inari skates tours supermarket culture skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

A big hotel in Ivalo on the river. It’s well maintained and some of the rooms have been refurbished recently.
I arrived around 20.00 and check in was efficient and quick. The lady at reception was very warm and friendly. I asked about the timings of the restaurant and I was told they were serving dinner until 21.30 and breakfast would be from 07.00.

The room I was given was newly refurbished and it looked very nice. It’s a good size and the bed was very comfortable plus it has a few extras like a kettle.
At 21.00 I went to the restaurant where I was told I could no longer have the buffet before I even had a chance to say anything. I didn’t want to eat from the buffet to start with so it didn’t concern me. Two waiters in the big room. One warm and friendly, the other one indifferent. I ordered the reindeer steak... now I’ve sampled numerous reindeer steaks all over Lapland and Finnmark over the years and this one was poor. Overcooked and no pride in the presentation. When I started cutting the potatoes they were so tough, I could hardly eat them-see the photo. Yes, 1st world problems I guess but if you pay a fair bit of money for your dinner, you expect better. I complained to the surly dark haired waiter who told me that the chef must have taken the potatoes out of the freezer and that ‘it happens’, referring to the colour and he wasn’t interested... the second waiter (the blonde gentleman) actually acknowledged that those potatoes didn’t look right and rectified the situation. It’s all good and well to do this, but what kind of chef considers it acceptable to send a meal out like this in the first place? It really ruined the dinner and if this is usual practise then I really urge you to avoid the restaurant.
I had an early start the next morning so I missed the hot breakfast as it only starts at 07.00.
All in all I can recommend the hotel because it’s close to the airport and the rooms are nice so it’s ok for a night or two but if you stay in Lapland for a bit longer then it’s worth traveling onwards to places like Inari and Utsjoki-you get some decent meals there for sure.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
ivalohotel, Omistaja at Hotel Ivalo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Thank You for your review! We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Reviewed 10 August 2019

Nice and not too expensive hotel with beautiful views to river. The staff is friendly and many can speak English and Finnish. Our room was clean and spacious. Breakfast is good enough. The hotel has probably the best price-quality ratio for tourists in the whole North Finland. Warm recommendations!

Date of stay: July 2019
ivalohotel, Omistaja at Hotel Ivalo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Thank you so much for your review and all the kind words!
We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Reviewed 22 July 2019

I have come to expect that all the hotels in the northern part of Norway and now Finland should have "basic" in their name. The room was one of the worst we've had on our tour, and I think the fact that they gave us a squeegee in the bathroom by the shower took the cake. We've struggled with all our hotels in Norway keeping the water from going all over the floor because there was no step down or up in the showers. This was the last straw. We used a couple of our very precious towels to hold the water in from going over the floor and into the rest of the room. I'm stunned we had to use the squeegee. In addition, we had to be very careful closing the door in the bathroom when we used the shower as the fire alarm was very sensitive. I think the photos speak for themselves about this hotel, and I've tried to find something good to say, but I can't. The food was so inadequate in the dining room it added insult to the rest of this. There must be a limit of good hotels in the area because the tour we are on is a high-end tour that always picks the best hotels in the cities.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ivalohotel, Omistaja at Hotel Ivalo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive.

I´m really sorry you feel this way.
I truly hope you asked help from our staff. They are always ready to help our guests with any kind of problem.

Reviewed 23 June 2019

Stayed one night at this hotel and found the hotel a good choice. The room was clean,comfortable and of a good size. Good bathroom with heated floor also. meals were good with a large selection of options for breakfast. The hotel is located not far from the local supermarket.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S

Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Reviewed 18 March 2019 via mobile

Had a very nice dinner here. Salmon soup was delicious! Healthy pieces on salmon in a light but flavorable broth. We had both choices of menu fish (char and local white) which were well cooked, tender and flaky. Price range 19-22 € for meals, which were good portions. Service overall good.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jamesml2018
ivalohotel, Omistaja at Hotel Ivalo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2019

Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate all the feedback we receive.