Hotel Bishops Arms(Kristianstad)
US$102
Wramsta B&B(Kristianstad)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$106
All reviewsthe hotel offerssingle roomthree nightsclose to the city centerstreetsilencemeters
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Reception staff friendly but that is about it. First room was nearly at the end of the corridor and down several steps. Traveling with my mother and she uses a walking stick and doesn't manage stairs especially without a hand rail. Kindly ask reception if there was another room without steps. 2nd room was like a got box, the bathroom was so small you needed to turn side ways to squeeze between the toilet and the basin to get to the shower, certainly not suitable for someone using a Walking stick. Again returned to reception to request a room closer to the lifts, this time given a room on the first floor 50m from the lifts, unfortunately my mother was so exhausted from walking around that she ha enough of looking and excepted this room. Bad move on our behalf.

The room is small, old and dirty. Waste bin had not been emptied, bedside light power cord dangling on floor and bathroom small, old and mouldy. The toilet paper is the cheapest of ever seen, the room should be demolished.

I booked this hotel as I thought it had been renovated but certainly that only must apply to a few rooms. I later asked if we could pay to upgrade and were told the hotel was fully booked. There are a lot of rooms in this hotel and if fully booked obviously making a large amount of money as rooms aren't cheap. Obviously not spending it on the facility.

This is the worst room we have stayed in during our time in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Stayed only 1 night but should have drove onto Copenhagen and saved my money.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kenneth H, Hotelldirektör at Quality Hotel Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello!
What shall I say that has not yet been said by you? Your description is more or less accurate regarding your stay with us. We should have noticed that your mother had difficulty and made some adjustments in the pending arrival to accommodate her need for a room close to the elevator. This is unforgivable and I am truly sorry.
Even though the hotel was fully booked due to high season and the European Carting Championship we should have performed better.
The renovations is underway and will be finished in the beginning of autumn.
If we would have known in beforehand of your needs of a upgraded room we would have made the necessary arrangements, no excuse though but just a tip for any future stay in a hotel ;)
Live long and prosper
Kenneth Hoffstrom

Reviewed 4 July 2017

This was fine for a night visiting family during Midsommar. I had a single room, which was small but clean.The shower was one of the better from our trip, having a nearly full door to prevent water from getting everywhere. The hallways were filthy, however, and desperately need to be recarpeted. I also was stunned they still have hard keys versus electronic keys. Breakfast was probably the highlight.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kenneth H, General Manager at Quality Hotel Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi,
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you pointed out the condition of the hallways, since these are under renovation. Due to this the old carpets will stay until all the rooms have been renovated. This will be finished in full in September and after this new carpets will be put in. It is just a matter of logistics ;)

I wish you a warm welcome back,
Best regards

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Grand is not a new hotel, but undergoing renovation. The location is excellent, very central, almost right across from the railway station, on something I would call the main street of Kristianstad. The rooms are renovated very recently (at least the one I had), and the style is modern an actually quite good looking. The room is quite big, light and very Scandinavian style-wise. Comfortable bathroom. Very good beds. Otherwise rather 'standard' as for equipment, ok however. The renovation hasn't reached the corridors quite yet, 70ies style. On street level there is the restsurant, good quality, and the breakfast room. Leads me on to the breakfast, which was very good, maybe the best part of the stay. The service at reception was excellent, to say the least. So, all in all a good experience, works for business travel, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a excellent choice for your family holiday, too. I had a room off the street, very silent, but the street has not much traffic anyway. The hotel offers garage parking, and also has a sauna (which I didn't try).

Stayed: June 2017
Kenneth H, General Manager at Quality Hotel Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Hi Stefan,
Thank you for your review and thank you for your praise of the staff! I am also happy that you so enjoyed the things done so far with the parts that has been renovated. It is so important for us to know what you, as our guest, think about our new rooms and I am so grateful that you described your experience so well.

With the very best regards

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel for a couple nights during a business trip. I have read the previous reviews and was already not expecting too much. It was stated in a some comments that renovations have begun a couple months ago, so I had a slight hope that I might get an updated room.

Unfortunately this was not the case. All furniture was very worn and/or broken, the walls were dirty and everything feld extremely cheap. It seems the hotel was intentionally run down this far and renovations are only being done since the rooms have become borderline unsellable.

This mindset at cutting costs at every opportunity becomes very apparent especially in the bathroom. The toilet paper is of the cheapest recycled variety and the showerhead was obviosly also the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality. It would have been no problem updated the appliances to raise the standard, but obviosly there was a conscious decision not to. The bed is completely worn though and I woke up with backpain every morning. I usually dont imply ill-intent, but in this case it was so obvious, it almost made me angry.
Negatively adding to the experience was also the renovation work going on right above my room from 07:00 to 18:00 - constant drilling and hammering. I requested another room but was turned down since the hotel was fully booked.

It is very clear that this hotel was taking advantage of the fact that there are almost no alternatives in the city. Charging the full price of €115+ for these rooms is nothing short of a ripoff. I have had better standards in some 2* Hotels in spain for €40 a night.

The Hotel gets one redeeming point for the breakfast, which was suprisingly good. The Service was also friendly.

There is a Best Western right next door - although a bit more expensive, I wish I had booked there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kenneth H, General Manager at Quality Hotel Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Jan,
I am sorry you draw the conclusions that there is ill-intent in running this hotel.
I can assure you and everybody else reading this that this is not the case.
However the hotel was fairly run down until the renovations started, which you also states are in progress now.
The new rooms will give you a totally different experience than the old ones.
I am sorry you felt ripped off and a discussion between us might remedy that fact?
I am thankful you mention the staff as friendly and that the breakfast over delivered vis a vis your expectations.

Warm regards and at your service if wanted
044-284800

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Good placement near city and a fair price/quality. Breakfast is included and good. Especially I noticed the newly baked bread.
Kristianstad is unique due to its placement in one of most extraordinary wetlands in the world. To have a city 1,8 meters below sealevel is remarkable.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Kenneth H, General Manager at Quality Hotel Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel breakfast and thank you for telling the Tripadvisor community about the wonderful wetlands (Vattenriket ) that is well worth visiting. The city's closesness to the nature and a unique flora & fauna is also worth mentioning.
Best wishes