All reviewsthe breakfast areameatsstreetwififridgebathroomstairstvcentre
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel is classic with charmful rooms.
The breakfast area is small but with various alternativs. Free koffe and cakes all the day.
The hotel is situated in the centre of Kristianstad close to gyms and other activities.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

A simple hotel with only little charme. If you expect a cozy Swedish stay go somewhere else. This hotel is a youth hostel without any nice facilities. Tiny rooms with bad far too soft beds and the bathroom is indiscussable for a hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I recently stayed at the Best Western on business, The Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the train station which is a 2 1/2 hour train journey from Copenhagen airport. And is 5 minutes from the Shops, Shopping Centre and Markets.
-This is an older hotel, but with reasonably modernised warm comfortable rooms, I guess I could liken it a bit to a Premier Inn (UK), but in an older property. My room overlooked an inner courtyard, and since the weather wasn't up to much in April, I didn't mind!
Pluses! The bed I had was large and comfortable. Also, there was a fridge in the room, which was really handy for snacks and milk for coffee and tea! The TV was large- but the only English speaking channel is BBC News. Thankfully I speak Swedish, so not a problem. The hotel and the rooms are clean.
Breakfast was nice buffet style, and is open from 06:30 am. In addition to several types of bread choices they had a lovely sweet, spice bread (If you like something sweet, but nutritious - I would really recommend this). Scandinavian bacon and eggs are also on offer if you want something hot. Otherwise the buffet offers plenty of choice of yogurts, cereals, fresh fruits, meats and cheeses. You can help yourself to coffee in the breakfast area throughout the day and evening together with the days cake(s) . If your in a hurry you can fill up a takeaway cup of coffee or tea to take with you.
The Hotel reception staff were very nice, welcoming and helpful! They sorted out a taxi for me at a reasonable price and helped me get onto the Wifi when I was having some issues.
My only gripe was the bathroom - with no shelving it was difficult to find somewhere to put my toilet and make up bag (I don't like leaving it on the floor) - so ended up hanging them on the towel hooks.
Tip! As with all Scandinavian hotels, there are no coffee and tea making facilities in bedrooms - so take a travel kettle and some coffee and T-bags with you!
Kristianstad is a very nice town - for food on the go - visit the local Coop, a couple of streets away which does hot food, as well as a good salad bar, There is also a reasonable 'eat as much as you like' for one price Chinese Restaurant in the same shopping mall as the Coop at the opposite end near the entrance to the Cinema. For a real foodie experience visit the Bar B K restaurant, just a few streets away - the fish stew is outstanding!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2017

it ruined my vacation as i got sick because it took them four days to fix the heater in my room, which totally destroyed my short vacation. i booked a superior double room and they offered me a small room when i asked them to change my room till they fix the problem. the worst hotel i stayed-in in Sweden

Room Tip: DONT go in the winter !!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Very small room, but perfect for one person travelling alone. TV was a bit difficult to watch in that space though. Breakfast adequate, several choices and freshly baked bread. Egg and bacon both quite bad though, the egg being watery and bland.

Stayed: October 2016