Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Church of St. Mary
from US$5.89
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2019

well maintained fantastic inner works of art the only draw back was that we needed many questions to be answered but there were nobody.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about how beautiful this church is! You can spend hours roaming through and learning the history. There are amazing details in the architecture; some of the structure dates back to the 1400-1600s. Everywhere you look you find a feast for the eyes. There are rich woods, stained glass, ships(!), chandeliers and so much more! They provide info about every little detail. I was fortunate enough to not just tour the church but also returned for a service on Sunday. Even though the service was mostly in Swedish, I understood what was happening and was made to feel very welcome to be there. The organ music was more like Phantom of the Opera, but was still worship, and the organist received a standing ovation after the service. Amazing! You CAN bring children to experience touring this church. They even have a game for children called Hitta Kyrkamossen that means hidden church mice. Little toy stuffed mice are hidden throughout, and the trail to find them leads little ones through the most important areas. (Learn & play!) Although I had no children with me, I went on the hunt, and I found it to be great fun. I was amazed at some of the places these mice were hidden. (They provide a map to help.) Also, there are many little cafes and restaurants in the square around the church, which is nice! I can’t wait to return!!!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The modest church is build in 14th century and it took a century to finish. The design is Gothic architecture, they have a modern stained glass windows.

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank EveBarbosa
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I stumbled upon this beauty on my day trip to Helsingborg. It's the oldest church in the area with an impressive interior that will leave you in awe.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The oldest church, a fantastic building in the middle of old Helsingborg. Stil with its old interior.

Date of experience: October 2017