“Amazing food, delicious wine pairings, superb service, great atmosphere”
Review of Restaurant leaven

Restaurant leaven
Reserve with
Restaurant leaven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,907 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$5 - US$106
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Soulfood, vin- og snackbar, nærværende værtsskab og selvforkælelse i højsædet. Pa Leaven malretter vi vores service og madlavning til mennesker som virkelig ønsker, at gøre noget ekstra godt for sig selv pa en hverdag- som weekendaften. Vores alacarte- og snackkort varierer ligesom vores Chef's Choice menu. Der vil altid være sublime vine at nyde til maden, ligesom vi byder pa forskellige danske øl.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were in Copenhagen for birthday and wedding anniversary celebrations and chose Leaven from the online menu liked the fact that the ingredients and ideas seemed to reflect Danish food traditions. We had the full menu and shared the wine flight and we loved every dish. Every course looked amazing its flavours and textures were incredible and the wines worked so well. The staff were helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable and the rest of the diners were clearly enjoying a good evening too.

1  Thank JanetAD

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My review is unfortunately tainted by the weather, Copenhagen was in the midst of a heat wave and the restaurant could not deal with it. Therefor it was like sitting in an oven. Not conducive to a great experience. The food was very good, service was a little antiseptic, verging on cold but i think the staff were suffering even more than us. I would like to return to give a more balance review when the temperature is kinder.

1  Thank fleetoffoot
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

On a hot summer evening we chose the 5 course tasting menu after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. The staff are delightful and guide you through the food and wine in an informed but unstuffy way. The vibe is relaxed whilst for me, the tables are a little too close together; especially on the ground floor. My real disappointment was the lack of balance in the two main courses; the fermented garlic totally overwhelmed the white asparagus, and the delicious hake was spoiled by too much celeriac (foam and pasta)and morels. This was far more of an autumn menu and unsuited to a summer evening. I’ve eaten better and less expensively elsewhere in Copenhagen- for example at SEA. I certainly don’t regret going and my husband enjoyed his food, but I wouldn’t bother venturing back.

1  Thank Edinburghelf
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Went here with one of my customers and one of our MDs for dinner, the restaurant is cozy and atmosphere chill.

We had the "Den fulde oplevelse på Leaven" - The full experience at Leaven incl. Wine for 1500 DKK, great value for money and we changed the desert to the white chocolate desert, which was a great decision from our side.

Our customer was very pleased with the place and she recommended it for some of her Danish colleagues for event.

1  Thank Mikkel A
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the experience, tried a la crate & my own wine pairing, but loved every choice made -scallops, food gras and beef were absolutely fantastic .
No air con inside, had to step out for fresh air in between courses but that’s June heat for you.
The service is impeccable , highly recommended

1  Thank RIPEPINEAPPLE