All reviews cavo doro wonderful family run hotel packed breakfast appointed rooms hotel restaurant is old town room was spotless min walk sea view opposite the beach fantastic stay kept spotless sea front lovely beach enjoyed our stay olive oil superior room
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

An amazing place run by an amazing family.

We arrived for our weeks holiday as a family of six, we had booked two beach view rooms one for my partner, my 6 month old baby and I then another for my parents and their grand daughter (my niece).

Upon arrival Easter Saturday around 11pm we were made very welcome and greeted by a gentleman, as I was busy with my baby and checking in I hadn’t realised our luggage was already on its way up to our rooms.

After visiting Crete for years we understand it’s a very family orientated place, but traveling for the first time as parents is stressful, as soon as I checked in this stress was gone.

I needed to find a chemist, it was Easter Sunday so I knew most places would be closed, however after speaking to Natasha at breakfast (which is just amazing with different choices everyday) she had a quick look on her phone she pointed us in the right direction.

Every time we arrived at the hotel during the week unless of course they were busy, the door was opened for us, and we were greeted with the happiest smile. Traveling with a baby under the age of one meant that I had to sterilise bottles, now there wasn’t a microwave in our room although a very substantial kitchenette. Natasha and her brother were more than happy to sterilise our bottles in the microwave in the kitchen.

The hotel also has a brilliant fish restaurant in the old harbour which we visited amd was amazing.
Perfectly accommodating my spercific fish allergy.

Would I stay here again 100% yes.
Perfectly clean, everyone’s so friendly, beautiful family, running a beautiful hotel.

Hopefully see you again soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kyra1089
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The studio hotel is situated along the waterfront. This family run establishment is welcoming and very clean. We had a generous tasty continental breakfast with a table looking out to sea. The room was spacious and had a nicely appointed ensuite bathroom.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A nice resturant located on the seafront. The place also has hotel rooms for rent and they are fine!! Was there for lunch and it was good, friendly service and nice place to relax. The view is great, you see beach and sea - and has a main street passing the place. If you are on the beach and looking for a comfortable place to have lunch, choose this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brit G
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one week in July which even though it was 35 degree most days, the air conditioning in the rooms kept everything cool.
The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout, and the food was great too, with a lovely open-air restaurant with lovely sea views.
Very happy to recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Kind helpful staff. Nice rooms. Spectacular views. My family stayed for 3 days and we very much enjoyed ourselves. With our large balcony and spectacular view, we were also served delicious breakfast downstairs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family