Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Magical sunset cruise

We booked 'Sail in Chania' as part of a girls trip and had the most magical time on the Sunset... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Yasmin O
BEST experience in Crete

I cannot express enough how amazing the cruise with Nikos was. He was very friendly and... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Lori Cindy M

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews meatballs souda bay greek salad sailing trip captain nikos wonderful sailing tasty snacks local history crystal clear water sailboat highlights port bays sea snorkel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Great day all told , despite the unfortunate weather we got while sailing , nick is great company and is very friendly. We were all very much beginners in sailing but had a right go and had much fun , recommend to anyone, even as a family day out

Thankyou

Date of experience: August 2018
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hi Jess and thank you, as well as Tina, Georgie and Elizabeth for coming aboard "ΩΡΙΩΝ" for a day out sailing the Cretan sea. Yes, we had all aspects of weather changes, all within a day's time but overall it gave us the opportunity to experience a true sailor's day. Please enjoy every day and may all your days be sunny, with a light breeze to keep you cool. Thanks again for your nice review and visit us again, anytime.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent day at see!
Wonderful welcome from Nikos that will make you enjoy sailing like no one else!
Friendly, discreet, excellent cook and sailing teacher!
Will recommend without a doubt.
Nice old boy in excellent condition, cozy and clean

Date of experience: July 2018
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and thank you utmost for taking the time to become part of the sailing crew aboard our sailboat "ΩΡΙΩΝ"
May your days always be sunny with a refreshing breeze to keep you cool.
You will always be welcome and I do hope we will meet again, anytime, anywhere!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I was in Chania crete aboard this boat sailing with Nikos that is an experienced sailor And he likes to teach you what he knows He is simple marvellous. We talk about many things , he is also a good chef because he prepared a nice Greek lunch and becomes not also a tourist service but become a friend I am sure we can see again and enjoy more amazing moments in Orion !

Date of experience: June 2018
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

I want to thank you for your company aboard our sailboat "ΩΡΊΩΝ".It is a very nice feeling to know that you enjoyed sailing and for taking the time to learn so much about life aboard a sailboat as well as becoming one with the Cretan sea.
As always we want to be your friend from all the far away places. Thank you again from the bottom of our heart and we hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This sailing trip is a must when coming to Crete! My husband and I were taught to sail by nikos who is very knowledgeable and an experienced sailor. He took us to a gorgeous cove with turquoise water and made us dinner! Perfection. The price is very affordable for an 8 hour excursion and dinner.

Date of experience: June 2018
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

I want to thank you both for coming aboard "ΩΡΙΩΝ", being part of the sailing crew and giving us, myself and "ORION" the opportunity to take you along, to feel and become as one part of the Cretan Sea! You are the best, and please keep your beautiful personalities always, in every day of your travels!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

My husband and I spent a few days on Nikos' boat and he took us out for a day of sailing. Souda Bay was beautiful and Nikos is a very patient, kind and experienced sailor. We got to help with the sailing. We stopped in a lovely turquoise laguna and went swimming as our personable tour guide prepared a delicious Cretan lunch. Also, we were able to go hiking around some ancient monasteries, to a real pirates' cove, under the scrutiny of some whimsical mountain goats with Nikos as our tour guide. Another day, he took us on a driving tour through the gorgeous mountains of Crete. We visited two wineries, made a few village stops, took many pictures, and Nikos answered our many questions and had lots of interesting facts and stories to tell. Finding Nikos made our trip to Chania ("Han-ya") absolutely fantastic and unforgettable!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank SPhillyLisa
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

It was a true pleasure to have the opportunity to spend time with you and I will be happy to meet again, anytime. I want to sincerely thank you for visiting us in Chania and I truly appreciate all your nice comments about the days we spent exploring the different aspects of the natural beauty of this island of Crete. Meeting you both was a memorable time in my life and I wish you both the best.
Enjoy every day and come aboard again.
Best regards