Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
An Experience to Remember

Words can’t describe what a perfect day we had sailing with Nikos on the deep blue of the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lisa A
Santa Fe, New Mexico
A sample of sailing to get you hooked

We are a family of five adults, and we had the pleasure of spending a day aboard the 43-foot... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Brad F

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews meatballs souda bay greek salad sailing trip captain nikos wonderful sailing tasty snacks local history crystal clear water sailboat highlights port bays sea snorkel
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2018

My husband and I spent a few days on Nikos' boat and he took us out for a day of sailing. Souda Bay was beautiful and Nikos is a very patient, kind and experienced sailor. We got to help with the sailing. We stopped in a lovely turquoise laguna and went swimming as our personable tour guide prepared a delicious Cretan lunch. Also, we were able to go hiking around some ancient monasteries, to a real pirates' cove, under the scrutiny of some whimsical mountain goats with Nikos as our tour guide. Another day, he took us on a driving tour through the gorgeous mountains of Crete. We visited two wineries, made a few village stops, took many pictures, and Nikos answered our many questions and had lots of interesting facts and stories to tell. Finding Nikos made our trip to Chania ("Han-ya") absolutely fantastic and unforgettable!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank SPhillyLisa
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

It was a true pleasure to have the opportunity to spend time with you and I will be happy to meet again, anytime. I want to sincerely thank you for visiting us in Chania and I truly appreciate all your nice comments about the days we spent exploring the different aspects of the natural beauty of this island of Crete. Meeting you both was a memorable time in my life and I wish you both the best.
Enjoy every day and come aboard again.
Best regards
Nikos

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I stayed on the sailboat, and purchased the sailing expedition. We had a great day sailing! I learned a little about sailing, more about the area, and he made great food! Highly recommended. He also gave good local advise for the duration of my trip.

Date of experience: May 2018
Nikolaos G, Owner at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Dan,
thank you for the great review and the nice words about your stay and you time spent in Chania..
I hope that you will return to visit and explore more of our diverse island of Crete.
it was my utmost pleasure to give you as much information for you days spent with us and of course thank you for taking over the helm of the sailboat. It was a perfect day at sea. Enjoy your days fully and don't ever second guess...

Reviewed 5 May 2018

This is not your typical tourist boat trip - it's a day with a friend on his sail boat. When you meet Nikos, it's like you've known him forever. He is genuinely warm and personable, an expert helmsman and knowledgeable guide. You will be able to help sail the boat even if you've never sailed before, learn Greek history and eat delicious local farm to table food. To make this trip complete you must sleep on the boat and have Nikos also take you hiking or on a car tour. This is definitely something to put on your bucket list!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank BarbaraW3931
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Of course, first of all I want to thank you for your excellent review but most of all I want to thank you for taking the time to visit and spend part of your vacation aboard 'ΩΡΊΩΝ ' as well as the day we spent hiking along the wilder paths of Crete.
I hope you will visit us again, it will always be a pleasure to show you all the special places of beautiful Chania!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Don't hesitate to book this trip. I spent two days on the boat and it was the one of the best times of my life.

Nikos is wonderful person who really goes the extra mile to give you a special experience. When I arrived he picked me up at the airport and provided a tour of local area before taking me to the boat for my stay. The sailboat is docked in calm harbor within walking distance of local restaurants, shops, coffee. I slept very well on the boat.

The next day Nikos arrived for our day of sailing with plenty of food and drink and we set out. I learned the basics of sailing as we navigated the area. Nikos knows the local history and there's plenty to see and learn about. While the wind was not perfect for sailing that day, however Nikos is very experienced and this was no problem. He made the best of it and took me to quiet lagoon and prepared lunch while I went snorkeling in the turquoise waters. Lunch was delicious and the best food I had had while in Greece.

I am very grateful for my stay. Thank you Nikos for everything. I would not hesitate to return.

Date of experience: August 2017
Nikolaos G, Ιδιοκτήτης at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Most of all I want to express my appreciation to have met and spend time with Matt.
With a great personality, a happy outlook for life and great conversation about all the new things around, you are the best of company to enjoy the day out at sea with sun and the blue waters.
It was my pleasure to have you spend time aboard our sailboat "ΩΡΙΩΝ", and I surely want to thank you for your awesome review. It is a great feeling to know that you have enjoyed all the time you spent aboard as well as your vacation in Crete.
Keep a smile on, enjoy life at its fullest and I surely hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Wonderful and gracious host and teacher. Captain extraordinaire with the sailing lessons and the gift of the helm with his watchful eye and sea awareness. Making us feel supported and safe. Loved the calm lagoon we rested for our snorkling adventures midday. Returning to the boat Nikos had prepared a local farmer's market lunch. The sea air made our lunch bursting with flavours. The rest of the day was spent sailing the cool blue majestic sea around the island. An invigorating and memorable night and day excursion. An experience we look forward to sharing again. Efharisto Nikos!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Tom H
Nikolaos G, Owner at Sail in... Chania, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Meeting you both, Viktoria and Tom, was an absolute.pleasure!
Having you aboard as company and friends for all the time we spent together will always be a memory to cherish.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Greece and especially for sailing along, aboard the 'ΩΡΊΩΝ '.
I will always look forward to seeing you both, anytime, anyplace.
Enjoy every day...