1,953 results
All reviewsthe main hotelanimation teamdolphin barshared poolag nikevening entertainmentsea viewhalf boardswim up barlovely hotelgreat holidaymini barbungalow roomwater poloall inclusive guestsplenty of choicesoft drinks
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I spent ages looking at various hotels in this particular area of Crete and kept going back to this one but always thinking that I couldn't justify the higher price tag. All I can say is I'm really pleased that I booked our holiday at the Mirabello. The place is huge, immaculately kept, the staff are friendly and genuinely can't do enough to help you. There are many bars and restaurants. If you're fussy like I am you'll still find plenty to eat and drink. Conveniently there is a supermarket across the road and Agios Nikolaos is only a 6 Euro taxi fair away. I always try to travel somewhere different each time I go on holiday but I have a feeling that I'll be back here one day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steven R
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We have been back just a week now after a fantastic stay in The Mirabello Hotel in Crete.

We booked a sea view bungalow in the village and initially were a little worried that the hotel and village were separate, and may feel a little out of it (which couldn't have been further from the truth). We were allocated room 786, which gave us a pool view and view over to Agios Nikolaos which we were more than happy with.

From the moment we arrived, which was 2 hours late at 1.30am the hotel staff made sure we were really well looked after, the formality of checking in and form filling was held over to the next day and within 5 minutes of entering the hotel lobby a porter had taken us and our cases across the road to our room, the porter ensured we knew how the air con worked and we were really pleased to have 2 plates of sandwiches left for us, as we were All inclusive the mini bar with soft drinks in were free.

On our first day after breakfast we had a good look around the hotel and the facilities and were really impressed. We decided to use the pool area just outside our bungalow as there were plenty of available sunbeds and it looked quiet and appealing, there is also a bar here which opens at 10am until 6pm offering a wide choice of drinks.

The food was good with a wide variety of choice as well as the standard chips, lasagne, spaghetti etc, there was also Greek food, cheese, fruit and the puddings were amazing. Every mealtime also sees the opportunity to have something cooked by the chef for you, from omelettes at breakfast to fish at lunchtime or veal at dinner, the choice was great. We also paid extra to go to the Greek barbecue which was well worth the money, as well as the food being very good, there was a Greek band playing traditional music as well as Greek dancing, by 4 very talented dancers who made sure everyone got up and had a good time.

I can see why this hotel is classed as a 5 star, the attention to detail is really good, with the staff very attentive and lovely. Having its own private beach and numerous swimming pools ensures you get a variety of places to chill which for us was exactly what we were after.

Entertainment overall is okay, but probably not to everyone's taste, is one of the downsides of the hotel.

The cleanliness of the rooms and the facilities is very good, clean towels available everyday, the rooms are cleaned daily by some lovely ladies who take a great pride in their work.

This was our first time in Crete and we will definitely go back, especially to this hotel, everyone we spoke to agreed that if they came back they would stay at this hotel again and we have plans to meet up with our 'holiday friends' at the hotel the year after next. Can't speak highly enough of this hotel, staff and location. Just hope it doesn't get too busy in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank natngary
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week at the start of June. The hotel was insane! I cannot recommend it enough. We stayed in one of the bungalows in the village and it was amazing! So clean and peaceful. If you can I advise you try and stay in the village too. We were apprehensive about the holiday as we had heard mixed reviews but as soon as we arrived it was amazing. Nothing negative to say at all. Perfect!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Char_thompsonx
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Just back yesterday from this amazing hotel. We stayed in a bungalow with a shared private pool. I cannot fault this hotel at all. As a group of 5 adults and 2 small kids I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all . Food was gorgeous plenty of variety for everyone. The food at the yacht bar which wasn’t all inclusive was well worth the extra few euro . Cocktails were amazing and bar staff were never too busy to help . Brilliant with kids. Big shout out to Maria the manager an absolutely beautiful woman. Went out of her way to get to know you personally which was a lovely touch. Best cocktails by far from Manos in the Tropical beach bar and lovely chat. Want to be back there already

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank LeahJ372
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I and my husband stayed in Mirabello Beach hotel 06.06-14.06.2018. We were very satisfied with the hotel and service. The hotel locates in the nice district very close to Agios Nikolaus (25-30min to walk). Only even it is only 65km from the airport, it takes about 1,5h to arrive there. The hotel area was clean, the service staff friendly and fast.There were cold snacks in the room, when we arrived at night time. We got very nice suprise on our third day, when hotel offered us free upgrade and we got the room with the pool and with two floors. The food in buffet was good and various. We loved t he smoothies, which were made in breakfast buffet. Only thing, which was little bit missing was the programm in the evening. As it is 5* hotel, we expected may be more live music in the evenings or performes from outside. And other thing was, that I had birthday 11.06. and my husband wanted to suprise me. He talked with the reception and it was agreed that they briong birthday cake during dinner buffet time. It never happened. However we would recommend this hotel anytime.

Room Tip: Seaview is worth.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple