2,108 results
All reviews pangea restaurant ocean restaurant crystal box private pool scott dunn half board golf buggies kids club beach staff bed villa villa guests club car greek taverna breakfast and dinner guest relations beach bar main pool
Reviewed 13 October 2018

From the moment you set your eyes upon this resort, you are enthralled. The gorgeous azure waters of the cove are a welcome sight after a long travel. The arrangement of the rooms & villas around the cove is done aesthetically so that privacy is maintained and the view from each room/villa is equally amazing. The staff were attentive and helpful, especially the beach and the restaurant staff who did their very best to make your experience memorable and relaxing.
The resort is spread across a wide area but the comfort of the guests are taken care of through golf carts and funiculars. There are activities and facilities for all age groups. We had a wonderful, relaxing stay and would definitely come back again. The dine-around program allows to sample dishes across the other restaurants at the resort. The Goco spa's water therapy circuit is a truly unique experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Daios Cove had been on my radar for a while, so I booked via Secret Escapes for short late season break. I can’t remember if I upgraded to a room with a pool, or that was the only option, but sadly I couldn’t swim in it because 1) the water was very cold and 2) no sun ever touched it (or my balcony) during the day. That was a bit disappointing as I had hoped to sit on my own balcony and relax there...Instead I had to go to the pool or beach, and both were very busy with lots of families with small children and babies. I’m not against either, but had hoped for a more adult oriented break. I found that staff were very focused on being friendly to families and felt they never really bothered to be nice to me my whole stay. Perhaps they found a single traveller disconcerting? There were a couple of exceptions, a very nice girl on the beach, a couple of waiters in Pangea and housekeeping staff always smiled if you passed them, but on the whole most staff were surly and aloof. Manos on reception was downright rude. He hung up the phone on me when I queried the preauthorisation of €50 per day on my card, and at the end of my stay no apology was made when I was wrongly charged for drinks I never had. I liked my room, once I’d wrapped my head around the fact that the sun was never going to shine there, big comfy bed, huge bathroom with bath and shower, aforementioned small cold plunge pool, and balcony (also shady). Toiletries were provided but they were not exceptional. There were coffee and tea making facilities, but as others have noted they were not replenished on a daily basis and I had to call to get more. There was a welcome bottle of wine which disappeared on day 2 which I felt was a little wierd. I would not have drunk it, but I’ve been to lots of other hotels where this is left the whole time, and you can gift it to other guests or staff. Water was provided each day, x1 bottle. I was half board and ate all my meals in Pangea. I liked it and I thought the food was good considering how many were catered for. I could have ‘dined around’ in other restaurants but didn’t bother. I used the gym, but not the indoor pool. I didn’t have any treatments. I was in room 326 so could walk everywhere, I never used the funicular. The weather was warm, but because of the constant wind it always felt cold. I got ill because I was always hot and cold at the same time! My secret escapes deal was good, it included flights, transfers to and from the resort, half board and a resort credit to be used against anything while there. I’m glad I went and on the whole enjoyed it. I’m not sure I’d visit again mainly due to the number of families, the lack of sun on my terrace and the wind. Service needs to improve as well if they want to keep their 5* luxury status.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank weazil
Daios_Cove, General Manager at Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Guest weazil,

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback, which helps us to continuously improve our services. We have created a luxury resort of enduring value and strive to support it with a deeply instilled ethic of personal service in the finest, relaxing yet upscale ambiance.

We appreciate your comments and regret to see that certain expectations were not met. Your room was part of a free upgrade, subsequently you were charged for a regular unit and received one with a pool. An unfortunate coincidence of the weather been unstable during your stay. However, this is not something to include in the resort’s assessment as it is an act of god.

Foreign language limitations might create communication barriers between guests and staff, who out of a fear for a mistake, might hold a defensive approach. We invest in training on the job in conjunction with theoretical scenarios and pride ourselves on the methods applied. Extensive trainings are taking place throughout the year to ensure that we analyze in full the “do’s” and “don’ts” and follow standard operating procedures. We cater to well-known celebrities and high-profile guests but the beauty of our service is that all guests are treated equally as nicely.

Our scale, transparently communicated to social media and search engines, marks 290 accommodation units, six restaurants and bars, 165 swimming pools and a beach capable of accommodating 350 guests. Subsequently, a broad spectrum of clientele is curated.

There are 165 swimming pools at Daios Cove, marking 57% of our total units holding one, a record for one single resort in Europe. The actual water temperature in the swimming pool depends on a few parameters:
1) the initial water temperature
2) the ambient temperature
3) the sunlight
4) the wind

Of these we can only control the initial water temperature. What this means is that on a hot sunny day the water evaporates requiring even a higher initial water temperature to compensate for the losses. Furthermore, the temperature of the water can be no more than 7 degrees from the outside temperature. Guests however may dive into our infinity seawater swimming pool with amazing views to the private cove heated up to 25 °C degrees.

Babies and toddlers are supervised in the Crèche Club by qualified nursery staff, whilst teenagers are entertained in their own club. Children enjoy specially designed Menus daily from 18.00-19.00 at the main restaurant, where our professional attendants supervise them. Subsequently, we have procedures in place so as to limit children’s unsupervised presence in an effort to satisfy the broad spectrum of guest segment we host.

Our mission is to create a euphoric feeling to all guests with a continued commitment to service excellence and a unique experience.

Warmest Regards,

Panos Almyrantis

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We were there for the first week of October. 2 adults and two children (6 and 8 years old). We had a fantastic stay. Stayed in a one bedroom suite which had a very big balcony, great afternoon sunconditions, and beautiful seaview. The cleaning and the facilities was great. We had the Residence Club which we loved. We did eat everywhere, and the food was fantastic - both for lunch and dinner. Our favorite was Taverna - most because of the people working there, The Beach House had a very very cozy atmosphere in the evening (Lightning) but also very cool place during the day. The Ocean restaurant was also very very god, and it was lovely to have the breakfast there. The service on the beach was extremely good. Would recommend t prebook dinner reservations. They also replanish your minibar every day, and the RC also include room serivice. We had ,lovely weather the first 4 day, and quite windy the two last days. The water was fantastic, and we did swim and snorkel alot. It was never any problems with finding sunbeds in the first or second row. The Kids used the kidsclub only ones so hard to describe how good it was or not, but the people there seemed very nice. The kids loved the funicular and the Club cars. The guys (mostly guys) who drove the Club cars where so fun and smiling. We also used the spa (great massage) and I did attend one Yoga class (superb).
We had a really really very great holliday, and we are planning coming back next year!

Room Tip: One bedroom suite have a very big balcony. Ask for a position thats fit Your liking of morning or afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018

GREAT room, beautiful, everything new and undamaged. The view was great, the food was good but like any buffet, you basically get tired of it after a while. My tip would be to determine a "cuisine" every day: like, Chinese today, Cretan tomorrow etc. If you try everything every day, it will bore you.

The pool villa is nice but it needs to be extermely warm to use it as the water is very, very cold. The same goes for the regular pool, it's not heated so in less hot seasons it's not that comfortable with kids.

Other than that, the staff is VERY friendly, VERY child friendly too, VERY helpful and just so kind.

Other downsides were the prices of stuff you buy on the premise. We were out of sunscreen but it was 30/40 euros in the hotel store. Also it would be better if they would include lunch in the package, we took half board but with a small baby you don't want to go out for lunch every day and their prices are quite high. But all in all we are very happy to have visited.

Room Tip: If you have a kid, try getting a room closer to the main building as otherwise there are a lot of stairs or it's simply a long walk.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Positives

Nice setting/rooms with sea views
Nice beach and rooftop bars with great DJs creating a relaxing chilled environment
Great infinity pool, however too busy with families children.

Negatives

Needs an adult only pool and restaurants
Main restuarant Pangea is like a canteen and not a pleasant dining experience. Not five star.
Not as relaxing as expecting it to be due to large number of families/children. Prams everywhere in bars/restaurants. Need to create more adult only areas.

Would not recommend for couples without children. Unlikley to return as like a quiter/smaller hotel

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple