Lowest prices for your stay
$156
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Karina P
Copenhagen, Denmark

Really service minded staff

Review of Ilissos Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 May 2024
The staff Werge extreme service-minded and helpfull.
Breakfast buffet was nice and had different food to choose from.
The roof top was also really nice with a fine look to the Akropolis.
The location of the hotel was not so good - it is a bit far from the center of Athens, I think, but there are some nice restaurants in the area.
Date of stay: May 2024
    $613
    $749
1.7 km from Ilissos Hotel
View more hotels in Athens
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2024

The actual mark of hotel is worth less than one point, and four star hotel is a lie. It was maybe 30yrs ago. NOT NOW.
i and my friend arrived at 9pm , the receptionist and other staff were not doing anything just watching us from the counter enter the door, my friend had difficulty carrying suitcase, these three ppl didnt help at all, then quite rude, cold atittude.
we got two single room , one was door opened completely and sheets werent changed.
the door was closed for the other room but the window was opened.
And the towell yas falling from upper tray, something was hunging out from the shower wall, sink tap was out, also one of the cup was dirty.
we reported immediately to the reception, she just say we send someone to change the sheets.
very rude, cold, without an apology.

following morning, I requested to talk w a manager who was absent therefore I showed the photo of evidence and requested to change the room.
they have changed the king bed suit typeroom x 2.
But all the room has the towell at least 10〜15years of age, too old and no longer white, used up grey like towell.
There is no way we canrecommend this hotel. you would waste precious time making complains.

Room tip: AVOID this hotel. you would waste time complaining. Also towells are far too old. They are supposed to change snce five years ago.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2024

The Ilissos hotel is not a luxury hoottel but it is very clean and comfortable. It also has a good location. The staff super friendly. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. This hotel is near the airport and near Pireaus Port where the cruises depart from.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2024

We selected this hotel for our short stay due to its location and price (the hotels at the center are usually too small but very expensive during busy season). It is not far away from the touristic center, you can walk or take a bus for 2-3 stops. The room was really large and had a nice view of the Acropolis hill. The breakfast room was a little crowded due to group tours but the food was ok. The hotel is old and the rooms require some renewal, especially the bathroom, but it was a comfortable stay within a reasonable budget.

Room tip: The breakfast room gets crowded due to group tours, so try to find a suitable time for a better breakfast experience.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2023 via mobile

A total disappointment for a 4 star hotel! Next to an abandoned building. The decor in the rooms....old tired and dated. The room smelled musty and of smoke. The room had a view of the alley way. The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful. When asked to confirm the time of our pick up the next day...they said that they didn't know. The breakfast buffet was average compared to all other hotels during our stay. This was part of an Air Canada vacation package...and was a last minute change from another hotel. The room was small and the bathroom very, very dated.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2023 via mobile

Definitely not a 4 stars hotel. The room is clean, but without any specific facility. The air conditional is old and without a controller that you can use from your bed, the breakfast (11€ per person) is not a big buffet and quality is very bad. More than everything: very RUDE staff.

1) the receptionist is only one, for a big hotel, so you can wait more than 15 minutes to ask anything.

I thought I booked an option with breakfast and she told to me in a very annoying way that I was wrong.

2) So the day after I decided to pay , and after two people of the staff asked me only my room s number to enjoy my breakfast - and then pay - , the third one stopped me immediately in front of everyone like I was stupid and I didn’t wait or understand rules.

3) when I left I had my receipt so, as always, I had a check . The receptionist told me “it’s you receipt” twice like I was stupid because I only wanted to read it with calm.

4) no one except one waitress who was the best (that s why I put two stars) said goodbay to the guest or something nice after I paid my stay.

5) more rude attitudes against others guests

I ll never come back here and I ll never suggest it. Athens was my last day after an amazing car trip and it was very sad to go home with this memory.

Room tip: Avoid it
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank E1346DTmariab