“Very nice staff”
Review of Art Hotel

Art Hotel
Ranked #112 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have to say that the hotel is not a luxury one and it's not located in the city center, but it has a thing that for me is also very important: it has a very very nice and welcoming staff. I felt myself ill while I was in the hotel and the reception girl prepared me a cup of camomile. Next morning we had to take a flight at 4 o'clock in the morning and she prepared us the breakfast at 2 o'clock! Of course I couldn't eat anything, but my husband felt very happy with his cup of coffee and his toast. I think it's something that other hotels don't usually do and it's a very nice thing!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This hotel has a hostel vibe-- funky random art around, rooms hodge-podged together with mix-matched furniture (of varying qualities) & bed sizes. The nicest part of the room was the bathroom. It was new, had a large tub, a window, and was spacious.

As for location, we were advised by a local not to walk down the street next to the hotel because it was unsafe. Drugs, etc. I couldn't really tell myself so was grateful for the tip.

Nice hosts!

Room Tip: Take a taxi or call Uber/Lyft rather than walk anywhere from this hotel. Beware the forcefully closi...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived early off the ferry from Kos and the hotel manager offered us coffee whilst they prepared our room. This was adequate and quite well sound-proofed, although it could be improved with somewhere comfortable to sit other than on the bed. Cramped bathroom with odd shower setup. On a noisy corner in a dingy area far (about 1.2km) from the main tourist attractions. Breakfast ok but would benefit from greater choice of fruit other than just tinned peaches and occasionally, melon. Overall, not too bad.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

While the staff are very friendly and helpful, this hotel is definitely not a four star hotel, but rather, I'd say a two star hotel. Our room was run down, the air conditioner noisy, the bed very hard and pillows old and flat. The room also appeared to be in need of renovations - in reading the other reviews, perhaps we got a room that was not newly renovated. The common area outside of our room was also not too clean (floors were dirty). In addition, there were no concierge staff at the door - like some booking sites claimed - and no elevator to get into the hotel - you have to carry your luggage up a short set of stairs (there is an elevator to the rooms once inside the hotel, though). Further, the internet was at times fast, other times very slow or did not work at all. The breakfast is a basic continental breakfast with cereal, white toast, scramble eggs, some sliced sandwich meat and cheese, fruit, coffee and orange juice, but I'd say the negative reviews about it are correct - it was terrible - I'd recommend eating out (and this is coming from someone who usually eats anything). Finally, the neighbourhood is definitely sketchy - I didn't feel safe walking around at night; there were no police monitoring the area when we were out any of the nights we were there. On the plus side, while the hotel is on a busy street, the windows do block out some of the noise, and the hotel is a reasonable distant from many of the attractions the city centre has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Our room was clean, nicely updated, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very decidedly and helpful. We were able to walk to the acropolis comfortably. It was a very short walk to the archaeology museum.

Nice breakfast included. When we had an early flight, we were even offered immediately an early breakfast. Great service and care.

The building is really quite nice.

The neighborhood has had an increase in police presence and we were able to walk and enjoy the neighboring bars and restaurants late at night

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple