“Excellent location in the heart of Athens!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Synnøve A
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent location in the heart of Athens!”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We were two friends charing the apartment. Our stay was very nice thanks to the apartment's location. We enjoyed everything, the area, our street, the apartment, the view from the balcony, and not to forget our hostess, who was very serviceminded and friendly!

22 Nov 2014
Synnove is extremely nice, very polite, thoughtful, and of course very careful with my flat; she left it in perfect conditions. She was very courteous and kind both with me and with all my neighboors leaving nearby.If she wanted to rent for the whole season, I would have been thrilled! I could go on and on! I really recommend her as a future guest for anyone! Hope to host her again!
Lenny53
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible location!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This apt. couldn't have been in a better spot! Right on a pedestrian roadway filled with cafés on the edge of the charming Plaka district and right beside the new Acropolis Museum. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Athens! The apt. Is very large, and although very old, has everything you could possibly need and has a cool little balcony too. The owner went out of her way before our trip to give us info about our stay and about Athens in general, is a delightful lady. We requested a pick up from the airport and took advantage of the free ride back at the end of our stay and both went smoothly. My only complaint was that we didn't find the mattresses that comfortable, too soft and lumpy for my older aching back, my hubby slept fine though.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mattress
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Nov 2014
Great guest. Incredibly nice, kind, warm, very communicative and friendly people. It was a pleasure to meet and host Lenore in my flat. They kept my place spotless. I would definitely host them again and I advise them as guests to all. Thank you very much.
Ozday
australia
“Spacious apartment in the best possible location”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We were very pleased with this choice of accommodation on the whole. The location was brilliant, on a pedestrian street directly opposite the new Acropolis Museum, a block from the Acropolis metro station, near restaurants and not too far from supermarkets. The free pickup from the airport was very efficiently done and Aggeliki herself was warmly welcoming and very responsive to any difficulties we had.

The apartment is on the third floor of an older building and there is a small lift. Security is very good. It has a large entrance foyer, two good-size bedrooms, a sizeable kitchen, a small laundry/storeroom, two large living rooms, a full bathroom and a second, separate toilet and basin. There is also a small balcony. The place was clean and the street is closed to through traffic so is generally quiet.

The apartment is very spacious and furnished in a rather mixed style, combining heritage and modern items. Curiously, there is no dining table but only a large, low coffee table next to the sofa which must serve instead if one wants to cook and eat at home. However, two can breakfast at the tiny table on the small balcony with one corner of the Acropolis visible and there is a choice of restaurants in the same street, so eating out is easy.

The two bedrooms were quiet and comfortable enough although the airconditioner, which is at the other end of the apartment, does not give much relief on a hot night. There are good fans there, however. The bedrooms can sleep two couples in QS beds and there is also a second sitting room with a large pullout bed which could accommodate another couple or two children. The fixtures in the kitchen were quite old-fashioned but the hot plates do work, albeit rather slowly, the filter coffee maker is excellent and the fridge is good. The kitchen is equipped with crockery, pots and pans etc and we found it an advantage that other guests had left behind useful supplies of food, condiments, coffee filters etc. Former guests had also left lots of personal supplies, shampoos, soaps, deodorants, sponges etc in the bathroom. The bathroom did have its awkward side but we were happy enough with it and had no trouble with the water heater once we got the hang of it. The great mysteries of the washing machine were very well explained to us by Aggeliki and we used it several times successfully. The free wifi worked well. We didnt try the TV.

Value for money it certainly was, especially given the extraordinary location, the generous amount of space and the way Aggeliki made herself available whenever necessary. It is not really a "luxury" apartment in the modern sense but it has a certain time-worn elegance and is comfortable, with a lived-in feel, a little like staying in a place inherited from one's grandmother. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Amazing location
Liked least: Lack of a dining table and old fashioned kitchen
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Oct 2014
Great guests. I really enjoyed having them stay in my flat .It was a pleasure to host such nice, calm, polite, extremely friendly and easy going persons. I wish all my visitors will be like you. Thanks a lot for coming. You are welcome to my place anytime! All the best!
François...
“central and cozy”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014

All nice, confort of 2 small living rooms, and a balcony in front of the new museum...perfect setting,
2 ameliorations
Shower head
matrasses not confortable, ...

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
15 Oct 2014
Very nice, interesting and friendly guests.They left the flat in perfect conditions.I can totally recommend them as guests and would definetely host them again. Thank you very much !
Pompei1
San Diego, California
“Wonderful place and great location!”
Reviewed 20 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Host was very helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were very comfortable. We took advantage of the transportation option. It was very convenient. The flat is centrally located to all key sites in Athens.

15 Oct 2014
I am very pleased of how courteous, gracious and respectful guests they are! Their visit was short but nonetheless sweet!They kept my place spotless, so picked up and orderly as I left it. ! It was awesome to have them as guests. I would have them back anytime! Our best wishes and thank again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing