Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$139
US$131
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

US$242
Book now, pay at stay
US$657
US$540
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewssyntagma squaretop floorrooftop restaurantermou streetexcellent locationbreakfast room isstunning view of the acropoliswithin walking distancemetro stationhotel is locatedtwin bedsparliament buildingbreakfast is servedfamily roomyogurtstreet noiseair conditioning
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel already had it best times before. A many details you can see that some repairs are necessary.
My room was clean but had an awful smell inside and the most ugly view I ever had from a hotel window. In the room was no safe.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The most amazing place is the roof garden restaurant with awesome view to the Akropolis. Really great.
In relation of cost and quality this hotel might perform much better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We spent two nights here after our trip to the islands but decided to concentrate on location and cost because the other hotels on this trip were expensive.

The Astor's location was perfect. Only a few minutes stroll to Syntagma Square and the bus/metro stations. Also from the hotel the Plaka was very easily walkable.

We received a great welcome from friendly reception staff who directed us to our room which was on the second top floor. We were delighted to find that we had a terrific view of the Acropolis from the small balcony. In fact, the whole patio door framed this view which was especially good after dark. The room wasn't large but it was extremely clean and felt fresh. The corridors outside the room were tired looking though.

Breakfast is served in the hotel's restaurant which also has a great view of the city and the Acropolis and we spent some time each evening directly above it on the roof-top area. We also enjoyed coffee in the small unit on the ground floor next to reception.

Like any city there is traffic noise, it was noticeable in the room but we didn't find it annoying. What we did find annoying though, and the hotel can do little about it, was the noise from guests arriving and departing to/from rooms on our floor. It was perhaps tour groups but was the worst we have experienced in years.

One little tip. Opposite the hotel, on the same street, and around 100 feet towards Syntagma check out the small traditional shops selling everything from sweets, clothes and ironmongery. It's been along time since we felt we'd stepped back in time when shopping and it was great!

All in all, we enjoyed our visit and would happily return to the Astor.

Room Tip: Request one of the top floors with Acropolis views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ciceronesw17
Reviewed 10 November 2017

A friend of mine recommended this hotel, with the warning - "There is nothing flash about it, but it's a clean, safe and good value place to stay." She was right - the hotel needs some work regarding basic renovation, as one of the walls next to the door in my room had a chunk out of it - but what made this hotel ideal for me was the noise insulation between rooms. You can hear no noise at all from the other rooms or people coming and going closing doors in the hallway. That made such an impression for this light sleeper. Yes, there's noise in the street, but as I always sleep with earplugs, it didn't worry me.
The two best things about this hotel are the rooftop, which offers the most amazing view over the city to the Acropolis. It's like having a dress circle view of the ancient landmark and having breakfast while overlooking the Acropolis is the perfect way to start a day. The other is the staff, who were all superb, most notably Vana and Marco on reception, who were so welcoming and made sure this was a good stay. An example - one morning I had a wake up call, but I woke before it and jumped into the shower - missing the call. Two minutes later, there was a knock on my door and one of the front desk team was making sure I was awake as he knew I had a train to catch. I have NEVER experienced that in any hotel anywhere. I have had forgotten wake up calls and late wake up calls, but never has a team member come knocking to make sure I was awake. A great insight into the service of this very fine hotel. Thanks to everyone - a pleasure to stay at the Astor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Acropolis - it is stunning, day or night
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Compared to some reviews, I would have argued that the hotel was not so bad. Yes it is outdated, and yes it is not worth 4*, but the staff is friendly, the location is amazing in regard to the city centre and my room was very clean. They were a bunch of mosquitoes in the room when I arrived and I had to chase them down, but even that was not too bad. The most regrettable point was the noise coming from the street. My room was so badly isolated it felt like I was in the bar downstairs. I could even make out the conversations from my bed! Saturday night in particular, the music was so loud I couldn’t even sleep... Although the hotel can not control the noise coming from outside, they should definitely invest into better isolated windows! All in all, I would not recommend it just because of that. It’s a pity really, and based on reviews, something that the hotel must be well aware of, but they probably don’t care.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I enjoyed very much my stay in this hotel. The room was couzy and spacious, the staff was very, very kind, the hotel is located in an strategic central place and basically the view from the room was a dream come true: the Acropolis! At night, the scenery was out of this world. I liked the breakfast and the room service as well. I highly recommend to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Best views are in higher floors.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends