Herodion Hotel(Athens)
  • Restaurant
Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$51
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Attalos Hotel(Athens)
US$133
US$121
  • Bar/Lounge
US$166
US$131
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$176
US$135
Agoda.com
US$132
US$124
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Philippos Hotel(Athens)
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$408
1,189 results
All reviewsacropolis museumpeacock restaurantgreat locationwithin walking distanceacropolis viewjunior suiterooftop restaurant bartwo blocksbreakfast roomtop floorshort walkrooms are smallrestaurants and shopsmetro stationwonderful hotelquiet at nightquiet street
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is marked as a 4 stars hotel, but based on the service and the room, the rating is absolutely not a 4 star hotel.

ROOM-
The first room we were given had a disgusting stench of stale cigarettes. We had to change rooms! Btw, there are no bellhop at this hotel. If there was, we never saw or was ever offered one.

The room we finally stayed in was very small and very outdated. When we entered the room was scorching hot (the heater was on full blasted). When we tried the lower the temperature, it didn’t work. Front desk said air condition has been turned off the for season and to open the window if I want to cool the room. Nights were super hot, even with the windows open.

The bathroom was dirty, had a broken window and the toilet had a disgusting plastic button on top that made flushing the toilet difficult.

INTERNET -
Free WiFi. But with a catch. You have to sign up with your email (confirmation email is sent to activate use).

SERVICE -
The front desk representatives (yes, more than one) all appear to be nice and friendly at first, but when you ask for amenities or have a general question, they reply with attitude and/or passive aggressive comment. I asked about my bill to make sure it was correct. Attitude.

There is not a separate room to store/secure your luggages if you decide to keep it with them. It’s kept in the hallway next to the stairs and the elevator. If you ask about it. Attitude.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank assunas
Chatzilia, Διευθυντής at Hera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear guest,

I am really sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our hotel and services. It's not common to receive such a low rating for our hotel, as we are considered a very friendly, professional & nice hotel.
Regarding your comments on the cigarette smell, we are really sorry to hear about it. All our rooms are non smoking, however there are guests that dont comply to the hotel policies. Please note that we do offer luggage carrier assistance, however it is not a 24 hour service and I assume that the bellboy was not available. For the room, I am sorry to hear that you founded oudated, however we have renovated all our rooms the last 2 years. I assume the decor might not be of your style. For the room temperature, please note that the hotel has a central heating system. It was turn on heating , Mid November, due to low temperatures and guests' requests. However, the temperature can be adjusted or turned off individually. For the bathroom comments, I am sorry to hear that you founded dirty, even though it is thoroughly cleaned by our housekeeping department on a daily basis. As checked with our maintenance department we dont have or had any broken bathroom windows . It is a common practice, not only in hotels but on public areas too, to use an internet log-in system in order to provide safe internet access for our guests. I am sorry to read your comments about our front office agents, as we are being praised about our excellent service and hospitality , it is strange to hear that they didnt assist you with the best possible way. Finally, the place that we store the luggage, is monitored by 2 cameras and checked by the front desk agents.
Once again I am sorry that you didnt enjoy your stay at Hera hotel. Hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you again and offer you our excellent services

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This hotel is wonderful. It's well positioned in an area full of restaurants and pretty much close to some of the most important attractions, especially the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. It has a restaurant on the top floor with a view of the Parthenon and the friendliest server. That alone made the hotel great. In addition, it is newer and well appointed. The reason I can't give them a higher rating is because their corporate culture is not very customer-friendly and it's unfortunately reflected in some of their reception staff. I'm hoping the lower rating will help them realize that their business is hospitality and they need to be hospitable at every step if they want good reviews. They are there to provide a service for me and not the other way around and there are more than one appropriate way to say no and why not. Not even the most beautiful facilities can mask the lack of that basic requirement.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Mme,

We would like to thank you for staying at Hera Hotel. I am sorry to read about your comments. It is very rare to receive a negative comment regarding our customer service, and especially on our front desk department. Our main value is to offer the friendliest experience to all our guests with the most professional way.Of course we are hear to provide service to our guests and we are being praised on how excellent we do that. Moreover, from your email conversation, during your reservation process, you were very satisfied with our professionalism and how we made you feel welcome. I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with our hotel. Hope that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you again and experience our excellent service and hospitality.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon, and I cannot say enough good things about it! I highly recommend Hera Hotel!!

Our room overlooked the Acropolis (as did the Peacock Restaurant and Bar on the top level), their customer service was incredible, and it was clean. I felt like a princess staying at this boutique hotel! It was ideal for a honeymoon.

Also, the food at the Peacock Restaurant and Bar was incredible, some of the best food we had during our entire stay in Athens - (esp the Olive Paste and the Sundried Tomato Paste that comes with the bread . . . . mmmmm, yum!)

Their front desk staff was professional and courteous and so friendly and SO KIND! I actually got quite sick one night during our stay, and one of the men working the front desk did everything in his power to ensure I was OK, giving my husband all sorts of information about local medical clinics and hospitals, and even gave me a croissant to help settle my upset stomach!!

The location is ideal . . . walking distance from the Metro (subway) and lots of shops and cafes and bakeries within walking distance. Also, some great sight-seeing items are within walking distance: Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Olympic Stadium and more!!

If I ever go back to Athens, I hope I have the good fortune of being able to stay at Hera Hotel once again! LOVELY place!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Acropolis!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This is a nice, clean, if somewhat 'dark' hotel in the heart of Athens. The staff here were very helpful and pleasant and the front desk staff double as a Concierge, helping us to book tickets for local attractions and tour services. The Peacock rooftop restaurant which was open air, was a great place to watch the sun set. There is a clear view of the Parthenon on The Acropolis which is illuminated after the sun sets. The drink menu was creative and the meals were delicious. Reservations are recommended though it was not very busy on the days we visited. Whereas most Greeks take their meals late at night, if you go earlier for dinner (6-8 PM) you may have the restaurant to yourself. The hotel rooms are 'european' which means a little small and a bit cramped but the bed was roomy and comfortable. We had our own very small balcony, just barely room for couple chairs and small table - which we took advantage of a couple times for an evening bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers. There are a great many restaurants less than 2 minute walk from the hotel. Perhaps the primary reason for selecting this hotel - access to the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum is within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was delicious.

Room Tip: Higher floors can yield better views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyndy B
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at Hera. Our check in was fantastic. The staff were very accommodating and we booked day trips right off the bat. The room was comfortable with a lovely balcony which overlooked the Acropolis. We had similarly great service when we received a packed breakfast because we had an early check out the day we left. The hotel is right over the road from the Acropolis Museum and many restaurants and cafés. The Tiki Bar next door spotted some cool live music worth checking out. A fun stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple