NJV Athens Plaza(Athens)
Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$50
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

US$186
US$170
US$139
US$131
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Melia Athens(Athens)
  • Restaurant
US$657
US$542
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2010

The hotel itself was nice, outdated a bit, but still nice. However, it was overrun with teens running around and making all kinds of ruckus in the hotel. It was very disappointing and frustrating. I even at one point had to step into the hallway and ask them to keep it down. Also, the breakfast was less than desirable. The hotel is located in close proximity to the metro, but the location feels a bit sketchy, especially at night. I would recommend booking somewhere else if you have the choice.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank andreawells
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Booked this with a Gate 1 trip and it is just O.K. Near train station and 1/2 block from Metro station (use the Metro--nice and efficient)
BE SURE TO ASK TO STAY IN THE "ANNEX" --Since the hotel is part remodeled and part just old and nasty---Cater to groups( 25++) of school children and teenagers fill the loby when you arrive. The elevator is sized for two people and one is always NOT working. The staff is nice and friendly and speak English well. Other than the historic sights--Athens is too large---too hot--too crowded---and dirty. Be sure to see the Benaki Museum near the Parliment and the changing of the guards. (just a 3-4 block walk around the corner)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2009

There were 2 good things about this hotel. 1. It was a minute walk to the Larissa subway station and 2. They had a full breakfast. Other than that, I can't say there was anything I would recommend about this hotel. The staff were not very nice. They had an attitude about everything they were asked for. Oh and when you get to the room, there is a disclaimer about leaving personal things of value in the room. OK...but then they don't give you a safe box and to make matters worse, they make you pay if you choose to get a safe with them.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2008

I have been visiting Athens and staying at the Oscar hotels since 1995. The Oscar Hotel is a great value based on the following: location, cleanliness, safety and staff. Every year the improve on various features while the price remains very competitive. Bathroom and room size as adequate for European standards and American big city standards. Their full breakfast is better than most downtown other hotels. The roof garden is a small oasis to the busy city. The hotel has parking, a rarity in Athens and has had internet access since 2003. Overall I have recommended this hotel chain (includes the Oscar Inn and Oscar II) to friends and colleagues. The Oscar Inn and Oscar II are owned by the same company but may have various features

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 May 2008

We had the privilege of staying at the Oscar Inn for two nights while visiting the area. I booked this hotel on their website. When I arrived they had our reservation and there were no problems at check in.
The Oscar Inn is in an extremely convenient location. Only a 2minute walk from the subway (Larissa Station), there are eateries all up and down the street, a mini market around the corner, bakery across the street, with great prices. (They also had drinks and ice cream.) There is a souvenir shop one block away and some other stores in the area and a laundry facility half a block up. I'd guess it was maybe a 45minute subway ride from the airport with one transfer at Syntagma Station.
We had room 501. Our room was at the very top floor. It had a great view of the city and the sunset. There was a large patio to walk out on. Our room was small but did what we needed it to do (comfort for sleeping and showering.) It was clean and the area was quiet at night. I would agree with a previous review, there were a large number of children there, but they weren’t loud at all and seemed well mannered. They had five t.v. channels but none of them were in English.
The daytime front desk staff did not go out of their way to assist us, but if we had a question he would answer it. Matter of fact, me and my husband joked that the only time we saw him get up from his chair and appear to be assisting anyone is when a young slender blonde head came in sporting D&G shades and Prada outfit. He actually left his chair, walked from behind the desk and talked to her ...haha. The night desk guy was really nice and talked to us for a bit.
They gave us wake up calls on time and the also served breakfast in the mornings. The breakfast was sausage, eggs, toast, cereals, juice, milk, coffee, tea, fruit and some type of cheeses. The first day we had an early morning so everything was fresh and no complaints at all. On the second morning we didn’t have to get up as early and it seemed as if the breakfast had been sitting there for sometime....the eggs and sausage were cold.
Oscar Inn does have a restaurant, but for most of our things we decided to do, we did at the sister hotel, Hotel Oscar. They had the internet and all their staff were helpful smiling and friendly. They also had a pool on the roof, but we didnt use it. We did eat at their restaurant. The food was good. There were alot of children in their hotel too, but again, all were well mannered. The Hotel Oscar was more updated with decor when you walk in the lobby...if you look for that kinda stuff.
I didn’t really have any major complaints about the Oscar Inn, they had two elevators, but one or the other was always broken. So we started taking the steps. One time the elevator was a foot lower than the entrance. So if you weren’t paying attention you would have dropped a good distance. It’s not a smoke free hotel so anyone with asthma or breathing problems should be aware of that.
When I go back I think I will stay at the Hotel Oscar next time. Of course if I had to I'd stay here again with no problems. Hotel Oscar staff just smiled more! I attached some photos. I hope this review helps.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LAFRAGIA