Best Western Plus Embassy Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
Ilisia Hotel(Athens)
View Hotel
All reviewsmetro stationside streetvery comfortable double bedconcert hallnecessary amenitiesrelaxing staylarge bathroomblue linefree wifiby footstayed for nightsan upgradesyntagma squarebusiness tripfew minutes walkeasy accessshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I booked this hotel solely due to close distance to Megaron Athens International Conference Centre, which is just couple minutes to walk, the same to the nearest metro station. In spite of very busy street nearby, the area was very quiet and also safe (US embassy nearby). Otherwise nothing special about this hotel. Unfortunately I experienced the same problem with smell of smoke on the 5th floor, in the room and also coming from a/c, as described in other references. Staff friendly and helpful to arrange early breakfast, but needs to be aware of this problem.

Room Tip: We didn't hear the noise from the above in the room facing to the street at the 5th floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 585Petr
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We attended a conference in Megaro centre, so the location of hotel was very good - 6-7min walk, the subway station is very close as well. Noisy streets are over corner, especially if you ask for the room looking at the yard. The hotel's reception area pictures are truth but the room and bathroom need retouch, looking tired and worned. There are s all amenities you may need in a bathroom but towels were very old.. Breakfast is ok, nothing outstanding and definetely not 4****.. I can not get the idea why shall i need a waiter to poor coffee into my cup - i want to have more milk and less coffee.. Do they want to controll the drinks or this is a sign of courtesy in Greece - i don't know.
The staff is friendly, smiling and helpful, but they do have to catch up an English, their language knowlegde needs to be improved. Due to this reason we had an non-pleasant conversation when signed off, there was a misunderstanding between my husband and receptionist.
But the staff is trying hard to please you. So if you are not too picky and demanding, it is an all-right-hotel. 500€ for 5 days in the end of Sept. Small tiny balconies could not compensate a claustrophobic elevator, so be aware :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Nice hotel in a good central location. Lots of options for grocery stores and restaurants. Great gelato place close by. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Arranged for an early breakfast for us on one day, due to our early pick-up for a day tour.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

It's a great place to stay in athens. The area is safe and the hotel is value for money. The breakfast is great and the rooms are pretty spacious. There are
many restaurants and supermarkets in the vicinity as well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start by reflecting on some of the reviews I read about this hotel before booking....

This is a nice quiet hotel that is situated close to the Metro which makes it good for exploring the city. Rooms are a good size and have all the necessary amenities you would look for in a hotel like this, however the a/c temp can not be regulated which is frustrating in high heat and wifi in rooms is poor.

We checked into the hotel late in the night following a trip to the islands. We had previously dropped some bags at the hotel before we left for our trip to the islands and found the reception staff to be rude.
Check in was fairly straightforward however it took a few attempts for them to understand we had bags left in the storage room.

We went up to our room (4th floor) and were instantly hit by the smell of stale smoke. We had requested a non smoking room and there was a sign stating non smoking but on the other hand there was a ash try on the table? The smell was really bad and when I called down to reception to complain and I was told the room was non smoking and that the hotel was fully booked and nothing else was available. I was not happy and asked for someone to come up to the room. The male receptionist was not the most helpful but I understood he had nothing else available and accepted that we were stuck with the room. I thanked him for his help and asked him to leave a message for the hotel manager to contact me in the morning as I was not happy with then room and wanted him to see me to discuss further.
I then proceeded to unpack, 10 minutes passed and the receptionist appeared with a new room key saying he had another room for us which smelled much better. I was surprised but grateful for his help and proceeded to move rooms.
In our new room we got ready for bed and switched on the a/c, this is when we started to smell cigarette smoke. The smell was coming from the vent. We ended up just going to bed with no a/c.
The next morning we reported this to reception and yet again was dealt with in a rude manor. She said we had already been moved once but she will ask maintenance to take a look.
We later discovered the 5th floor is smoking and so I believe this is why we could smell smoke coming through the air vents.
So my tip if you decide to stay in this hotel is to avoid 4th floor rooms and be prepared for rude staff.

Breakfast was average with limited choice and the wifi throughout the hotel was poor.

I won't be staying here again and wish I had taken more note from previous reviews before booking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple