All reviews roof terrace swimming pool is minute walk rooms are small quiet location fifth floor modern hotel city break excellent location within walking distance metro station nice breakfast breakfast was included yogurt double bed an amazing view visiting athens
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Wasn't particularity impressed as did not meet standards that I had hoped.
The pool was tiny, tiny not even worth a dip and a little scungy.
The rooftop was nothing like photos, very drab and surrounded by what seemed to be flats- ruined the atmosphere.
The toilet/plumbing/drainage had a bad smell to it and had to keep the door closed most of the time.
The staff made up for it, with the notable exception of a younger brunette who was extremely helpful and went out of her way to assist me. Also, the location was great (hence why 3 stars) as to walk around was very easy. Probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
TourHotel, Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear Emily,

thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us that help us become better. Whilst I am happy to read that our staff assisted you in the best way possible and their services exceeded your expectations, I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with your room which we would have hoped you had communicated to us while on property so as to take corrective action while you were here.

We hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back for a return stay.

Sofia K.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Decent stay in Athens. Clean small and effective rooms. Not very far from the main centre of Acropolis. From the hotel we walked to Acropolis, Plaka and Anafiotika in 10 minutes. It is uphill, so make sure the taxi drops you at the main entrance, you would not want to carry your luggage uphill. The lady at the reception was so helpful. We were facing language issues so she coordinated with our tour guides. The hotel only has breakfast. No lunch, dinner facility. They do not provide packed breakfasts but they are quite helpful as they opened breakfast room at 5.30am for us since we were leaving hotel at 6am. They have a small swimming pool with few loungers indoors but I could not find a changing room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear SeeKat1603,

thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with our staff. We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Acropolis Hill Hotel and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Athens!

Sofia K.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Nice, clean and modern accommodations. The hotel shower was a bit difficult to use and the shower overall was not great but overall its very clean. Not as centrally located as other hotels near the sights so if walking, expect to take at least 15-20 minutes to get to major locations. Overall, we had a good stay. Staff was very nice and also offered a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathleen,

thank you for you kind comments and for taking the time to share your experience on TA. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for a return stay, and we thank you for recommending us!

The Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I chose this hotel during a short layover in Athens. I wanted to be able to see the sites, experience Athens and be back at the airport in 24 hours. Based on the reviews, this was the place to stay on a budget. My expectations were quickly squashed when I realized how far away this location is from public transit, restaurants, Greek life, the Acropolis, or any other signs of humanity. However, it is on a hill. I will give them that. The sad, worn room I was given had someone else's urine left in the toilet. I was whisked away to an even more depressing handicap room with two cots I was hesitant to even put my luggage on. The shower was over the toilet and I was impressed at how it managed to soak everything in the bathroom and flood the room. Breakfast was inedible. I am shocked by the glowing reviews. There are far better options in Athens.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob,

your review leaves me somehow confused and I am not sure if you wanted to review a different property as at the Acropolis Hill Hotel we do not have dorm rooms. We are a boutique hotel with private rooms that feature private balconies and bathrooms, and we are located next to the Acropolis in a very quiet and upscale neighborhood of Athens. Restaurants, public transit, Greek life, and the Acropolis are all a short walk from the hotel, and as you will read in many many reviews from our past guests we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the rooms, that are serviced daily, and the offerings of the hotel that include a complimentary breakfast buffet with various hot and cold dishes, a swimming pool, and a bar among others.

As we value all feedback, we thank you for your input.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was a nice hotel with moderately sized rooms and a great view of the Acropolis. The rooftop terrace was extra special because you could watch the sun rise over the Acropolis which was beautiful. The pool was okay - nice enough to cool off in, but received very little sunlight due to its location. Staff was helpful and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room are not large, but there are some double rooms that are larger than others that you can request.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TourHotel, Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Melissa,

thank you for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Acropolis Hill Hotel, including the "delicious" complimentary breakfast, the "great" location and roof terrace, which as you mention offers exceptional views during sun rise and sunset.

We thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,