Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MD
London, United Kingdom

Great Hotel in a Great Location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Feb 2024
The is lovely modern and clean hotel. Rooms and bathroom is a good size and the staff are helpful. Fantastic location in central Athens close to restaurants and main sites. Parking is available which is a great positive. Definitely will return.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip.com
2.0 km from Wyndham Grand Athens
View more hotels in Athens
1,459 results
All reviews rooftop bar metro station nice hotel coffee machine acropolis view reception staff hop on hop off bus breakfast buffet is an amazing view top floor magda neighborhood taxis greece greek euro graffiti
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2024 via mobile

I stayed at the Wyndham for business on a couple of occasions, and was surprised by the lack of cleanliness of the hotel. One time I came there was a hairball left on the sink in my room, uncleaned from the previous guest’s stay. Another time, it was the trash that had not been emptied in the room from the previous guest. And the cherry on the cake, I even found cockroaches in my room on two occasions.

Some of the staff are OK (especially in the breakfast area) but some (especially at reception) are really rude. For a country like Greece that claims to have “Philoxenia” and offer great hospitality for foreign guests Wyndham Grand Athens is a great counter example. I stayed in many places in Greece and this was the worst welcome I ever had.

On the positive note, the breakfast is OK - not the best quality, not very refined, but it’s there in abundance and it’s obviously one of the best points that they play on. It’s also close to the metro station which in Athens can be convenient.

To summarize: I would avoid this hotel by all means, it’s clearly a lack of standard and maintenance. There are plenty other establishment around that are far better.

Room tip: Pick another hotel!
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank marie57130
Zeus International, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2024

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Wyndham Grand Athens and for taking the time to rate your experience with us. Rest assured that we have taken all your comments on board and will look into them in greater detail with the concerned departments. We understand your dissatisfaction, but we hope that although you have had this experience, we will be able to welcome you back in the future to ensure your next stay is much more satisfactory.

Reviewed 17 January 2024 via mobile

Let’s start with the good first. Some pluses is the location is good for the hotel. The service staff in general are friendly and attentive no complaints there. The public spaces are also of good quality. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were of good quality. I also appreciated the size of my suite. It was good in this respect as well.

Now unfortunately, let us address the not so good. The building itself doesn’t appear to have very good sound proofing to the outside. I could hear the traffic from the streets easily despite being on the 7th floor. And while I did have a good view of the Acropolis from my suite all the windows were dirty which took away from the beauty of the view. Speaking of the view the other negative is related to the window coverings. The curtains had broken stays and tabs in the track which was a surprising oversight for a five star hotel. Also, the furniture had many stains in the chairs and the sofa. I am not certain if professional cleaning could resolve the stains but if not again for a five star hotel the furnishing should be reupholstered or replaced if they are unable to be cleaned satisfactorily.

In summation I would give this hotel another shot in the future. They have a lot of things right. They just need to iron out some of the details to really elevate the property to the correct level.

Room tip: Just ask the staff for what you need. They are quite good and will look after you.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Brian L

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Wyndham Grand Athens and for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. Rest assured that we have taken all your comments on board and will look into them in greater detail with the concerned departments. We hope that despite the inconveniences we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2023 via mobile

Very nice HTL situated in the north area of Athens. The staff have been very professional and helpful for all my stay. The room is big, very clean with a very comfortable bed. On the roof I had a very yummy breakfast enjoying an amazing panoramic view of the city. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GioBrando7
Zeus International, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2024

Dear Guest,

Let us thank you for recommending Wyndham Grand Athens after the experience you had with us! We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location, our friendly and attentive staff, the clean and comfy rooms, the rich breakfast buffet and the stunning views. We truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2023

I stayed at this hotel during a conference that was happening that week in Athens. I called ahead of time to let them know I would check in one day later than the room block reservation. The individual on the phone said no problem and that he would put a not on my reservation. However, when I arrived, they said I was a no show and had cancelled my reservation. Eventually, they were able to place me at another Wyndham across the street and back to the Grand for the rest of my trip. Not a major problem. However, I have been double charged on my credit card for the entire week-long stay. They responded once to my email requesting help but have never emailed or called back after 5+ weeks and I generally believe I'm being ripped off. Do not stay here!

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Ben L

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Wyndham Grand Athens and for taking the time to rate your experience with us. Because we give great importance to the reviews of our guests, please kindly send your complaints to the following email info@wyndhamgrandathens.com. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations to the utmost and hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again in order to ensure your next stay is much more satisfactory.

Reviewed 1 November 2023

This hotel falls well below the expectations one would have for a 5-star establishment. We had reserved two rooms, specifically requesting interconnecting rooms for our family with children. However, the rooms we were initially provided were in a deplorable state. They were incredibly dirty, with hairs on the bathroom floors, and a lingering stench of smoke from previous occupants. To make matters worse, the bathrobes and towels were stained and torn.

When we brought these issues to the attention of the hotel manager, they were kind and attempted to find us alternative rooms. While we did get relocated, it was clear that this hotel did not meet the standards one would associate with a 5-star rating.

As for breakfast, it was adequate but nothing remarkable to mention. I would not recommend or go back to this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank barbara C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Wyndham Grand Athens and for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We hope you accept our warmest apologies for any inconveniences you had during your stay. If we have not met your expectations to the utmost, we sincerely apologize. Rest assured that we have taken all your comments on board and will look into them in greater detail with the concerned departments. We understand your dissatisfaction, but we hope that although you have had this experience, we will be able to welcome you back in the future to ensure your next stay is much more satisfactory.