All reviewslaundry servicegreat roominfinity poola great place to staybungalowmassagethailandsquidbahtsunbedskomonparadisemotorbike
Reviewed 14 May 2018

If you want right on the beach, i mean step onto the sand from your room then this is the place for you. The rooms and entire facility are quaint, low key and not 5 star as some have said; but the staff are friendly, my room and the area was clean and kept up. The breakfast was simple; not the grand buffet of the IBH or other big time resorts, but you order from a menu and it is fresh and good.

Look at my pictures; i really felt the pictures on the site needed updating I think i had one from all of the room and pool views Yes, the pool is small, but it is clean, truly reflective and does have a sunset and beach view. I had a great room- again simple, with a TV, shower, but best of all step out onto the beach, nice little massage tent, or the pool-- room 15; and next door room 24 was also good.

It would have been nice to have some one explain the hotel amenities; the policy on lounges, there were kayaks there-- for rent or??? Also, no one there to open the umbrella's which were almost impossible to open. So, it is a popular can do hotel that everyone there seemed to truly enjoy and relax atmosphere. The staff speak some English, more would be appreciated but all were friendly if smiled at. I did like they had lots of electrical outlets by the bed-- for me a good necessity. The shower had some problems, no hot water the week i was there-- but as the grounds keeper told me, i should have told someone. Maybe, someone checking up on me would have been helpful. Overall, a good experience, as if you read my reviews, i love this beach, the amazing sunrises and been a guest of the now closed IBH (see my review of the last days) and am looking for a replacement hotel. Think i found a nice choice. I had one of the top rooms-- which i enjoyed the veranda and location. Bring your mosquito repellent as sitting out on the veranda in the rain or evening requires it..

Give it a try

Room Tip: Beach rooms nice; but next to bar and pool can be noise
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Thor54
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Bungalow Hotel. Excellent location, quiet and clean beach, walking distance to the center. Good service.
Rooms are right on the beach.
A pleasant and quiet atmosphere
It is highly recommended. No doubt I'll be back there

Room Tip: Room 28 is perfect
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 123ronenb
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

If you want 5 star accommodation you’re in the wrong place!
It’s probably only just over 2 star so no improvement over the years but it’s great value and the staff and location make it a place we will always look forward to coming back to.
Ignore the bits that are less than perfect and instead enjoy the wonderful location and friendly local people

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jess150976
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We had chosen this little hotel because of the beautiful beach and all this nearby markets and restaurants, on our last visit in 2015. The hotel was fully booked so we had to take an deluxe room for 6 nights. But it didn’t feel like deluxe... everywhere dust and the blankets were washed but still were Dirty. We didn’t get toilet paper when the room was cleaned... the toilet didn’t really worked, guess they need to clean the pipers... and what I didn’t like was that you couldn’t cover the windows right. Some rooms have more courtains, but we had light ones, so the light was shining trough. Another problems were the sunloungers... in the morning everyone turned their towel over one, so you didn’t find a lounger when you came later. Problem: nobody laid on them... many were on a day trip or not at the hotel and their towels on the loungers... The food at the restaurant was delicous. At breakfast you chose your food of the carts. Wouldn’t come again, maybe if they’re renovating or have a better room... without the food there would be only 1-2 stars..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nanny A
HoneyNantawan, Front Office Manager at Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear Nanny A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to your vacation.The hotel is committed to providing our clients the best possible service. We do not know the problems that occurred during your stay. We are a family-run hotel, and sometimes Clients have to tell the hotel to deal with the problem.However, the hotel has improved and trained staff to be more careful in working more to keep customers happy during their leisure time with us.

Mathu

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Hi my wife and i stayed at the Honey cottage on Ko Sumai and wow what an amazing little place on the beach. For the price you coups not ask for more. It has it own resto, bar, pool, and almost private beach. And multiple resto on the beach and massage stations. Close to all the hot spots and you can rent a scooter direct from hotel. This is the best and most beautiful place we stayed in thailand.
Thank you Rudy and Nay from Montreal, Canada

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HoneyNantawan, Front Office Manager at Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Rudy N,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our resort to other travelers. I'm delighted to read that the entire family enjoyed our place. Our entire hotel team truly enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Best Regards,