“beautiful location and view, I want to give it...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Tamarind Hills, O3

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Keltie M
Austin, Texas
“beautiful location and view, I want to give it 5/5 but unit could use some work”
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Gorgeous property, private beach, amazing views, great space. The place is looking a little worn (dirty) and things did not work like internet and the BBQ. It needs to be kept up better to get a five star, but overall the place was great and we loved our time there. No amenities but we did not care about that. Very private with multiple decks and private plunge pool.

Your age range 35-49
shaneekaf...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect House in Antigua”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The pictures says it all but if I have to leave a review I have to say how wonderful the staff and this property is. Before arriving I had the pleasure of arranging transportation needs and activities with T'SA (tee-sa). She was such a pleasure to work with she also arranged a private chef, that was amazing, for my husband and I for our anniversary. The property manager was very nice and helpful he even stocked our fridge with milk, juice, soda, and cookies to get us started. The kitchen had dish detergent and paper towels, we didn't have to ask for anything. The only downside was not being able to keep the sliding doors open because of mosquitoes and lizards. I even saw a cat on the property. It would be nice to have a screen. The beach is a short walk away with amazing turquoise waters. If traveling as a couple or family I definitely recommend this property

12 Jul 2017
Hi Shaneeka,

I am just seeing this. I can't wait for your guys to celebrate another anniversary with us! The pleasure was all mine.

JapAnada
Calgary, Canada
“Gorgeous Place but Poorly Managed... very unfortunately...”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

It was a GORGEOUS place just like the pictures on the web site, which does not happen all the time. Everything that you dream about having in a beach side vacation place was there - beautiful view of Caribbean, infinity pool, nice outdoor space with chairs, couches, table, swing... oh, let's not forget an air conditioner!

The only thing that we really wished that we had was screen doors. Even though it gets cool nicely at night with beautiful island breeze, we could never leave the windows open because of darn mosquitoes! What a shame.

Because the place was so gorgeous, we were really sad that the place was very poorly managed...

- When we arrived, the place was tidy, but was not cleaned properly. We felt sand, dust and mop strings all over the floor, our cup in the bathroom had tooth paste, etc. We reported this to the property manager, and she sent a house keeper the next day to clean the floor again - thank you, but unfortunately, the tooth paste in the cup was still there.
- Hair dryer was not there although I specifically confirmed that the condo had one. Again, I reported it to the properly manager, and she brought it 2 days after (I understand that she had a hard time locating one to purchase on the island).
- TV's were not working well. Even after the maintenance guy giggled it, the picture and sound were distorted to the point that we could not watch.
- Ice maker was not working. We were told that they were waiting for some parts to fix it. The maintenance guy showed up 3 days after our arrival. It turned out that the hose at the back of the fridge was pinched.
- Microwave dish did not turn. It turned out that a part was missing. This was fixed right away after being reported.
- No pepper. We had two salt shakers, but no pepper shaker. About a week after being reported, brand new salt and pepper shakers arrived, but no pepper inside :-(
- No facial tissue in the condo. When requested, the house keeper told us that they do not provide it, so we purchased it ourselves.
- When running out of something, we need to leave a note to the house keeper so that we don't completely run out. They do not stock ahead of time. We ended up purchasing paper towel ourselves.

I feel terrible to list of all these things because the properly staff were nice. It was just really disappointing that this gorgeous place was not kept up to serve the guests. Why can't they just check all these things prior to guests' arrival?? I just don't want future guests of Tamarine Hills to have the same experience after spending a considerable amount of money.

Would I go back there again? You know what, maybe I would if we ever go back to Antigua (that's another story) because after all, the setting is perfect and comparing to other resorts, I still feel that we get a better value. My advise is not to expect perfect, to be on top of issues and report them as soon as you find them because they do help you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Families with young children
13 May 2016
Thank you so much for your review.
I am sorry that your trip was a less than perfect experience.
All your comments have been noted and we are putting further training in place so that we do not experience this again. We all do try our best to make sure that everything is perfect but we must just try harder to ensure that we can provide a fabulous holiday filled with all things positive after all Antigua is such a great location to visit.

We hope that this will not dissuade you from our shores as we are delighted to have you in Antigua and would love you to return to Tamarind Hills at some stage.

Kind regards,

Gillian (gillian@tamarind-hills.com)
Lidia N
“Wow! Unbelievable stay at Tamarind Hills Villa O3”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My husband & I and another couple spent 8 unforgettable days ( From Feb 6 to 14) at Tamarind Hills . From the moment we confirmed the booking, Margarita took such good care of us - she replied every email quickly and answered all our questions. She arranged a car to pick us up and we were greeted by Darin at the airport and all went very smoothly. We later used Darin to drive us around and he was just great, always on time and very helpful.
Upon our arrival to Tamarind Hills , Gillian was waiting for us and she showed us around.
She was also always available when we had any questions and any problems which arose, which were minimal, were taken care of very quickly.
The villa we were in was just like the photos, if not better, as you get to see that
beautiful view live - amazing turquoise water - really gorgeous.
We were between 2 beautiful beaches, soft sand - no rocks or seaweed and with the most turquoise water - about 10 min walk to each one - Darkwood and Fryers, our favorite being the latter. We made use of the well equipped kitchen for breakfast and lunch but went out for dinner to various restaurants, which were around 10 minutes car ride from our villa and had some great meals. Gillian helped us with some reservations when we needed. We have been to Antigua before and this is now our favorite place to stay - Loved every minute!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
13 May 2016
Dear Lidia,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
We look forward to seeing you back here again.
please feel free to connect with us.

Kind regards
Gillian (gillian@tamarind-hills.com)
John T
New York City, New York
“Truly extraordinary stay at Tamarind Hills, O3”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My stay at Tamarind Hills (TH) was the best. The experience all started before I boarded my flight when I spoke to a representative that was keen to make sure I received some final details to make my trip to Antigua more enjoyable. Eight hours after, I arrived at TH and was warmly greeted by my personal concierge (Wow!!!). I was escorted to my private villa and was given a tour of the amenities. State of the art finishes, a private infinity pool and all the amenities that make the villa just like my home away from home but much better.

I had a choice of cooking my own gourmet meals is my spacious modern kitchen or dinning at the many nearby eateries and restaurants.

It was truly the most relaxing vacation I have had. Some days were spent enjoying all what Antigua has to offer but the best days were just relaxing on one of the two balconies at my TH villa overlooking the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.

Thanks guys and see you soon!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing