1,203 results
All reviews aveda spa infinity pool shuttle service sushi local beaches beach shuttle carmichaels restaurant all inclusive option all inclusive plan nest beach free shuttle steak night land rover breakfast plan main restaurant sheer rocks main pool
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a week long trip to beautiful Antigua and I stayed at the
lovely Sugar Ridge Hotel. It’s an interesting site with self contained rooms located in
the hills (four rooms per unit of accommodation). The higher the room the
better the view of the sea. (NB room 25 has stunning sunsets!)

Rooms were well appointed and of a very good size. Attractive, modern
and very comfortable.  In order to access the rooms there are very steep concrete stairs or pathways. The shuttle service provides an alternative route but either
way bring suitable/walking shoes (Heels will be hazardous)!

The hotel is nestled in the hills near Jolly Harbour and is further out from
the main Jolly beach strip. However, the beach is accessible via the hotel’s
complimentary shuttle service to 2 local beaches (Valley Church andTurners).

My preference was Valley Church beach it was stunning, beautiful and very busy as it attracted cruise ship passengers. But by 3pm the beach was far less busy - almost deserted!

The hotel is approximately 5 miles away from St. John’s so the capital was
accessible via taxi or by local bus (number 22 or 20 from outside the
hotel). The bus was easy enough and provided a taste of the real Antigua.

During the week there were some good entertainment in the evening (Calypso
and Steel bands).

Staff were friendly and was happy to go the extra mile to help. Shuttle drivers (Jervon & Cartwright) were efficient. Reception staff were always
professional (Nafuna and Cherrisa).

Service at breakfast was ok and the supervisor was very attentive. After having all inclusive on my first night, I decided to stick to the BB option as the food was not as good as other hotels that I’ve
experienced across the Caribbean. This was probably the only negative about
the hotel.

The Sugar Ridge is a Hotel for those wanting a quiet break - whether
honeymooners, solo travellers or families. I had a relaxing time and I was
able to unwind and forget about work and home...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Annie27London
Annie M, Public Relations Manager at Sugar Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you Annie for such an in-depth review. Im sure other readers will find it super useful.
Its lovely to read our staff were working hard to ensure you stay with us went well and those mentioned will be thrilled with their shout outs.
Please come back and stay with us all again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Stayed in Room 19. Would recommend not staying in room 30 and upwards as there if a multi storey building going up obscuring your view. There was a visiting yogi there the week we stayed so we enjoyed twice daily yoga in the fabulous new Yoga shed which is on an elevated platform above the resort with stunning views of the bay. Carlene at the pool bar is a great character and mixes a mean cocktail. Carmichael’s Restaurant food is very much better than the regular restaurant offering but pricey. The food in the general dinning room is disappointing, unnecessarily complicated and generally bland. Didn’t use the spa but fellow guests complained about not being able to get a booking. Nice rooms, very comfortable bed. Staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I found the noise from the road a nuisance when sitting on the balcony - it didn’t bother my husband.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROUNDSPRING

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Sorry to read you werent wowed by the food in Sugar Club but lovely to read to enjoyed Carmichaels and our staff.
We do get booked out in our Aveda Spa and always recommend booking in advance just to be safe:).
Please come back and visit with us all again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Having just come back from Antigua.I cannot say enough about the sugar ridge resort.Everything about this resort was great.From the staff to the facilities.We went to the beach every day in a shuttle provided by the hotel.Some of the staff from Carly at the bar,Rose in the dining room,and Glendon who drove the beach shuttle are the people that you want to go back to the resort for.

Room Tip: Choose a room up near the reception should you wish to get a nice view from your room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christ093
Annie M, Public Relations Manager at Sugar Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Its wonderful to read you had a great time with us and enjoyed not only The hotel, The beach but the staff too .
We will ll be sure to pass along your kind words..they will be thrilled for their shout outs.
Please come back and see us all again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Every time I've dined here its been the same. Food is good but not GREAT. Service has to be the slowest on the island. Nice staff but such strangely slow service? Beautiful setting worth the visit for a sunset dining experience but plan on a long dinner...

Stayed: February 2018
4  Thank Ingrid H

Thank you Ingrid for your review. So sorry to read that your service with us was slow ...We will pass comments along and next time you are visiting please let us know so we can make sure your evening is perfect.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a 4.5 day solo trip to Sugar Ridge. We had the all
Inclusive which was exactly what we got! Upon arrival we were met with a Rum punch and since our room wasn’t ready we immediately changed into our swim suits and sat pool side and had lunch and cocktails . We checked into room 38 which was a hike from reception but the shuttle service they offer was perfect . I didn’t realize how much uphill walking there was at times it was tricky in nice shoes - but this was not such a surprise as I had read the reviews .
The room was beautiful , spotless and serene .
There was a plunge pool but I didn’t use it as I enjoyed the infinity pool area most of the time .
Service in every aspect really couldn’t have been better . Each person we met was great . Especially Carly the poolside bartender .

The beach is a short shuttle ride away and was picture perfect , I could def do without the local hagglers though . We walked to grocery store once and there was a heavy presence of armed guards at every isle it seemed obivious why.
I do not recommend this place for children whatsoever . In fact i don’t think I saw anyone under 21 .
Relaxing , serene , panoramic views of the mountains .. I would likely return here again .
Food was ok in general , Carmichael’s is the best restaurant we visited multiple times and well worth the money as the views are magnificent . Hope this helps in your decision

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cafegirllongisland

Thank you for your review....Its great to read you had a lovely stay with us. We will pass your wonderful comments along.
Please let us know when you are coming back and we will do our utmost to get you your favorite room:)