1,220 results
All reviews sugar club aveda spa infinity pool beach shuttle shuttle service sushi local beaches carmichaels restaurant all inclusive option all inclusive plan nest beach steak night free shuttle large balcony breakfast plan main restaurant land rover
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Stayed in Room 19. Would recommend not staying in room 30 and upwards as there if a multi storey building going up obscuring your view. There was a visiting yogi there the week we stayed so we enjoyed twice daily yoga in the fabulous new Yoga shed which is on an elevated platform above the resort with stunning views of the bay. Carlene at the pool bar is a great character and mixes a mean cocktail. Carmichael’s Restaurant food is very much better than the regular restaurant offering but pricey. The food in the general dinning room is disappointing, unnecessarily complicated and generally bland. Didn’t use the spa but fellow guests complained about not being able to get a booking. Nice rooms, very comfortable bed. Staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. I found the noise from the road a nuisance when sitting on the balcony - it didn’t bother my husband.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank ROUNDSPRING
Annie M, Public Relations Manager at Sugar Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Sorry to read you werent wowed by the food in Sugar Club but lovely to read to enjoyed Carmichaels and our staff.
We do get booked out in our Aveda Spa and always recommend booking in advance just to be safe:).
Please come back and visit with us all again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Having just come back from Antigua.I cannot say enough about the sugar ridge resort.Everything about this resort was great.From the staff to the facilities.We went to the beach every day in a shuttle provided by the hotel.Some of the staff from Carly at the bar,Rose in the dining room,and Glendon who drove the beach shuttle are the people that you want to go back to the resort for.

Room tip: Choose a room up near the reception should you wish to get a nice view from your room.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank christ093
Annie M, Public Relations Manager at Sugar Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Its wonderful to read you had a great time with us and enjoyed not only The hotel, The beach but the staff too .
We will ll be sure to pass along your kind words..they will be thrilled for their shout outs.
Please come back and see us all again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Every time I've dined here its been the same. Food is good but not GREAT. Service has to be the slowest on the island. Nice staff but such strangely slow service? Beautiful setting worth the visit for a sunset dining experience but plan on a long dinner...

Date of stay: February 2018
4  Thank Ingrid H

Thank you Ingrid for your review. So sorry to read that your service with us was slow ...We will pass comments along and next time you are visiting please let us know so we can make sure your evening is perfect.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a 4.5 day solo trip to Sugar Ridge. We had the all
Inclusive which was exactly what we got! Upon arrival we were met with a Rum punch and since our room wasn’t ready we immediately changed into our swim suits and sat pool side and had lunch and cocktails . We checked into room 38 which was a hike from reception but the shuttle service they offer was perfect . I didn’t realize how much uphill walking there was at times it was tricky in nice shoes - but this was not such a surprise as I had read the reviews .
The room was beautiful , spotless and serene .
There was a plunge pool but I didn’t use it as I enjoyed the infinity pool area most of the time .
Service in every aspect really couldn’t have been better . Each person we met was great . Especially Carly the poolside bartender .

The beach is a short shuttle ride away and was picture perfect , I could def do without the local hagglers though . We walked to grocery store once and there was a heavy presence of armed guards at every isle it seemed obivious why.
I do not recommend this place for children whatsoever . In fact i don’t think I saw anyone under 21 .
Relaxing , serene , panoramic views of the mountains .. I would likely return here again .
Food was ok in general , Carmichael’s is the best restaurant we visited multiple times and well worth the money as the views are magnificent . Hope this helps in your decision

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Cafegirllongisland

Thank you for your review....Its great to read you had a lovely stay with us. We will pass your wonderful comments along.
Please let us know when you are coming back and we will do our utmost to get you your favorite room:)

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to Antigua and our first to an all inclusive resort. We were rather disappointed to find our room overlooked a building site but a quick visit to reception and 10 minutes later we were moved to another room with a lovely view.
The rooms are a good size with a massive very comfortable bed, everything you need is provided and the essentials for my husband, WiFi & AC got full marks.
The whole resort is beautifully designed and well maintained, the pool areas are fantastic. Early morning yoga with stunning mountain & sea views is a must and an unforgettable experience.
The jury is still out on the all inclusive, I am not that keen on wearing a wrist band and think there must be another system, also whilst the food was fine, I probably would just do B & B another time.
Staff were all very helpful and in good spirits! A great introduction to Antigua!

Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank the2coops

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Wonderful to hear you had a good time with us and not only did you enjoy the hotel but our island as well .
We love our new yoga pavilion and great to hear you enjoyed starting your day there too.
Do let us know if you decide to come back and we'll do our best to get you a room in your favorite area of the hotel.