1,517 results
All reviews all inclusive drinks side sea view all inclusive option meal times big hotel costa del sol cleaned every day brilliant hotel irish bar lovely room cold meats half board beach bar short break buffet style sun loungers bars and restaurants
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Really good location with beach on the doorstep, small typical Spanish town nearby and good sunbathing/Pool facility within the grounds. Not the finest cuisine but still catering for all tastes and the room accommodation clean and comfortable. Try to get a sea view on floors 3-6 as superb and worth the little extra.
Downside was the ridiculous 10 euro daily car parking -more a management perk than catering for guests. Overall a great place within most budgets

Room Tip: Pay for sea /pool view upgrade as the alternative view rooms lack all charm.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location if you don't want to travel far to a beach...it's basically on the doorstep...

Breakfast is free and there seemed to be ample choice...the bread was fresh...and fresh fruit was available...I'm not sure what evening dining was like as I never included it in my stay...but I did have Pizza on the 1st floor one eve...and it was good...

Not sure if it's standard in all rooms but like most hotels I've stayed in I would have appreciated some tea/coffee making facilities.

I was pleased that you hire bikes...8 euros for two hours...and I enjoyed the cycle ride...but I think you should ensure the bikes are maintained better as the pedals seemed like they could potentially fall off...

I opted for a single bed...because my only requirements while I am in another country is a clean room & bathroom...and that's exactly what I got...however the blankets that are given for the bed made me sneeze...

Overall the hotel was clean and your staff were friendly and accommodating...

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Phoenix39
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Stayed here for a weekend in April whilst visiting relatives in the area. The room had everything as described although the sea view wasn't quite as clear from our room and I think other rooms probably had better views but for the short time we were there it was fine. There was a good choice of food for breakfast but I think it will be very busy in the summer months. The pool area is fairly small for the size of hotel and will probably get busy in summer but when we went there was no problem getting sunbeds. The hotel is right on the beach which is lovely and there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a proper sea view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Like the previous reviewer I cannot understand how this is 4 star. It is like a poor 70s style hotel. The rooms are shabby. Our fridge never worked. The wooden furniture was old and flaking. The walls were marked and stratched. The bed was so uncomfortable. Never had a decent nights sleep. The corridor carpets are stained and grubby..
Luckily we were only BB. But breakfasts were not good. Extremely busy and people queuing for a table. On the Saturday and Sunday we gave up and went out for breakfast. Lots of choice but everything was bland and tasteless.
Glad we were overlooking the swimming pool would have hated to be on the other side facing the storm drain.
Definately would not return

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerDY
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We are mid 40s, kids are 11 and 12.This really was the worst buffet we've experienced in our years of 3/4 star breaks/holidays. I really think we are easy to please and I cannot understand previous positive reviews?? We got by on salads and fries for lunch and tried quite a few battered shapes? but cold, tasteless and repetetive food just increased the disappointment we felt. Not a fresh dessert for a holiday treat either, various packet like sponge squares with plastic like fillings. I was even pleased to see a cow image over the stew like dish but it was just a very strong cows liver dish. All very very cheap food in general. No entertainment at all except an ignored quiz one night. Staff were a mix of sarcastic and friendly. The shower went from cold to VOLCANIC!! in 2 secs. Painful scalp that first evening. I know that's hard to believe as I had read this & laughed at their exaggeration. Most rooms over look an awful drain or the car park.Generall on AI there are ice lollys for kids or a treat of something similar on a couple of days but no here, in any way.
The pool is generally 2 foot deep, 3 in the centre. Great for toddlers and crocs. We were AI but available drinks were watery, strange tasting or very sugary. We were advised that brand name drinks could be purchased but the prices were typical pub prices. Pretty little town nearby & great food in all that we tried. Great breakfast in the Blarney pub. Also great food in Biddy Mulligans.Hotel is old fashioned (70s).
The given star is because is because it's v near the beach. WHERE DO THE 4*S COME FROM? Wifi was frequently poor.

Room Tip: Pool view is best
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Deborah B
TeamGranhotel, Director de Recepción at VIK Gran Hotel Costa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear guest,
we aprecciate the time you took for sending us your opinion which will help us to improve .We value your coments and there will be taken in consideration, we hope you could enjoy the great location and all our efforts to please our customer we hope to see you in the future
your sincerely