See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This is a very cheap place to stay.
However for not much more there are nicer hostels to stay in.

The staff are kind and helpful and there is free wifi and the location is great.

The rest sadly is not.

The rooms have a bad musty damp smell. Pretty over whelming and is off putting.

The beds are questionable one was soft the other hard but the lack of a decent sheet was off putting. Mine was a dirty looking blue fleece on with another dirty smelling brown fleece under it. The fitted sheet had been dyed pink.

The room has wardrobes in which have trapped a horrible sickly musty smell in them.

I didn't want to put my clothes in here.

The showers have some plastic stuck to them but are pretty see through.
Definitely do not forget your flip flops for the floor.

The pictures on booking .com are taken in good light and make the place seem nicer than what it is.

The main front door key has been worn and damaged making it very hard to turn the key in to get back into the building and then harder to remove.

Floor in rooms not perfect and we found a sock under the bed.

I was very pleased it was only one night here. I will never return and suggest others don't go this cheap.

The staff are nice and will help as best they can.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I feel bad leaving this review because the staff were honestly the kindest, most helpful people.
BUT as a solo female traveller I didn't feel particularly safe here as the surrounding area had a fairly dodgy vibe (not very close to the city centre), and I didn't feel like I could go for a walk or go have a drink and then walk back alone, like I have in other places. Also had to live in very close proximity with some sleazy guys but I guess that's just luck of the draw?
I didn't have a great experience here but the rooms and facilities are relatively clean and the price is right, and also a cute dog comes to visit sometimes named Lily.
Not terrible but not particularly good either.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We booked this place online using Booking because it was one of the place you can book without leaving the card number in advance. On the pictures it looks like a hotel and very cozy, but when we arrived it was just some spare rooms in a little place and our room was full of mold and very cold and humid, we had to sleep with extra covers. When ou take the shower ou must be careful because if s omebody else is doing it the water is cold The staff was very nice and friendly, and the place is nice to stay in Porto near the center for a good price. But it's not for people who are not used to travel and just sleep some hours.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

This hostel is a fair walk into town (maybe 15-20mins) - but easy to navigate. The reception staff were lovely and provided towels on request. The rooms are very basic and cold. Hostel is 5 mins walk from a metro station which can access the city or airport. So if you're not planning on spending time in the room, it's a good choice. Try the cafe across the square called Buuh! for coffee / pastries!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The staff is friendly, but the place itself is unfortunately not. The mold in the room was so bad that we woke up with sore throats. The room was freezing and a hot shower is not something to rely on. The plaza itself is 10 minute walking distance from the main square (plaza liberdad). For paying such a little amount, I understand the poor quality of the rooms, but I would not recommend it because the mold in the walls may cause health issues.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple