1,290 results
All reviewsmetro stationbig hoteltour groups stayingbuffet breakfast was very goodcity centrerecommend this hotel to anyonethe rivertop floorstayed at this hotel for nightstour busescomfortable hoteljunior suiteshort stayport tastinglovely cityby footeuros
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This hotel is four star however it is functional and works but no sense of being special or luxury. Rooms are very standard. The restaurant is large and echo-y and uncomfortable, lacking atmosphere. Service there is friendly and caring. Quite an extensive breakfast buffet. Freshly cooked omelettes are available. The pool is a decent size but can be very busy. They charge for use of locks for the safe

The hotel is quite well-located being very near a metro station and yet walkable into town. Fabulous views, especially from the higher floors.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 301lisa33
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We spent one night here when a flight was delayed. The room was comfortable, clean but not luxurious. The buffet dinner had an extensive range of decent quality food and the staff were all pleasant.
The only negative was during check in, although the reception area was bust the desk clerk was on the phone when he was checking us is, no eye contact or welcome.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Best: The staff: they became my family and really CARED for me. Mario at reception, helping so much regarding my excess shopping baggage dilemma and arranging for a shipping company. Suzanna in housekeeping, making sure I had enough Kleenex, and clean sheets and personally checking in on me before going home at the end of her shift. John in the dining room, seeing to my needs with arranging for two teapots: one for warm milk, the other for hot coffee because the coffee cups aren’t big like I’m used to!! The food: plentiful, tasty and varied; beautifully presented. Room Service: a life saver!! Yummy chicken club sandwich with hard boiled egg served with potato chips.
Room: Very comfortable bed, lots of pillows. Handicapped washroom: excellent with the shower stool, hand held shower head.
LEAST: pool not easily accessed for older people with mobility issues. Should have a graduated step system into the pool with handrails. Same problem for the jacuzzi. The loungers are also too low to use for people with bad knees. There are loungers available that are metal, higher up and tolerate heavier people. As our ageing public continue to travel ...these issues need to be addressed!
Awesome location on the 19th floor where I took wonderful pics. Travel agents: be aware of what you are promoting for clients expecting to use highlighted amenities!!
Debbie Lee, North Bay, Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: Floors 5+6 have handicapped rooms.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
VilaGaleHotels, Diretor-Geral at Vila Gale Porto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Mrs. Lee,

Your review on the Vila Galé Porto is for us one of those that, not only recognises that the team lives up to the Vila Galé motto: "Allways close to you" and that we exceeded your expectations providing you with a great stay, apart for the part that you were sick, of course..

You make us all and specially Mário,Susana, João (John) who send you their regards, very proud.

We took notice for your remarks but also I would like to inform you that we made renovations in some rooms (namely walk-in shower exactly because of knee issues, more space between the furniture) as you noticed, as for the jacuzzi and swimming pool, it requires major renovations so we must analyse it well because its the only ones we have and the hotel has high occupancies throughout the year.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

José Miguel Oliveira Martins

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Usual hotel chain type hotel but access to metro and easy access city centre and Porto football stadium. Breakfast nice with omelette to order and clean and sufficient rooms with spacious public areas

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The hotel was booked by our travel group and I was quite satisfied with the size, cleanliness, and comfort of the double room. The toiletries were of excellent quality as were the large plush towels .Since we were caught in the worst deluge of our lives and soaked to the bone, I appreciated the heating unit in the bathroom that dried my shoes, coat, slacks, sweater, etc.
The a la carte menu had incredible variety and the buffet breakfast was one of the finest I've had even in 5 -star hotels. Lots of protein in dozens of forms, mountains of fruit, little baby pastries that were so yummy!!!! Service was excellent in the dining rooms and at reception. I would definitely give up hotel points and stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018