See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2018

Very well received at reception desk. they promptly told us how to park our car. travelled with two kids. the room in the palace zone was big and very confortable. the spa is a bit small but cosy. the restaurant service at dinner was a bit overtime but the dishes (risotto, steak) were tasty. friendly and helpful staff

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

Was fortunate to make reservations at this newly opened Vila Gale property in Braga. Adjacent to the enclosed city center this hotel started out as a hospital in the Middle Ages and is attached to the Ingreja Sao Marcos this is a beautiful property with outdoor pools one for children and one for adults. There is also an indoor lap pool. Lovely breakfast room with garden seating in nice weather. Each room is dedicated to a Braga historical figure.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2018

I do not like big hotels as a rule but this was something totally different and quite superb too. Recently renovated hospital with loads of beautiful architectural features lovingly maintained, great location, amazing room and fabulous staff, this place will go far.
The nice touch of upgrading my room as they were not too busy that night certainly help, I was given a family room and it was spacious.
I tried the restaurant and was not disappointed, very nice food and not ridiculously priced either. Breakfast was equally as good the following morning, very attentive staff again and friendly too.
The parking is included and secured, easy to access.
It won't be long before this hotel builds a really good reputation and hopefully I shall be back in Braga to enjoy it again. Thanks again, loved it!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2018

I just stayed last night at this wonderful place,
The rooms were large and gorgeous (I was in room 105), the staff was pleasant and helpful beyond belief and my breakfast was superb. My intuition is when they develop a larger reputation and following they will switch to buffet style; as it is currently the breakfast is ordered but the choices are extensive and there is no hesitation in giving more food, even urging food on you.
Because of the building style, like a 15th century monastery the corridors are wide and long and not particularly well heated but the enclosed rooms, restaurant, bar, etc are quite comfortable.
It is elegant placed in the center of the old Braga.
There are only a couple of nits that could be fixed for it to be as close to perfect as ny commercial hotel can be.
To be ecologically aware, they don't have a book about the hotel in the room with telephone numbers, etc and the phone has no markings. All this information is potentially available on the television. However my television had Cyrillic text and it took a technician to correct that and he could never find the hotel information with internal telephone numbers for room service or reception. The one time I did need something, I had to dress and walk down to the reception to get any response (which was quick.).
The second issue was that I was parked in the secured back parking lot, inside a gate that was opened when I called the front desk on arrival.
When I was leaving, there was no obvious way to open the gate on my own, no button on a stalk I could reach from my car, no pressure pad under the driveway and I had to call the front desk again. It was raining very, very hard and I wasn't about to get out and look around.
The third and last was that, the room electricity is controlled by putting one's key in a slot inside the door.So, when I was leaving the lights went out immediately and I had to fumble around in the total dark for both my suitcase and the door handle. (The corridor door is in an anteroom and there is no ambient light coming from windows.) Surely there could be a 10 second delay before the lights go out.
All that being said, this is a wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone for the general quality, the decor, the excellence of staff and food and the location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2018

A hotel that oozes class. Friendly reception, spacious rooms and good breakfast in the cloisters. This will not be our last visit here. The air conditioning unit is difficult to use if you do not read Portuguese but this is a minor fault in a very good boutique hotel.

Room tip: The suites if you want to splash out are all individual.
Date of stay: September 2018