Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
TripadvisorUS$208
Trip.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2020

We stayed for 7 nights. The apartment is in the most perfect location, right in the middle, between the Old Town and the Lido area, with a 20 min max walk either way. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had everything you could possibly want. The bed was so comfortable. It was in a very quiet location, and i have to say we never heard any noise at nightime.
The only negative for us, was the apartment was a bit dark, but the positives of the location, comfy bed, facilities, swimming pool and quietness, far outweighed the fact it was a bit dark. We will definitely return

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2019

Apartment is in a perfect location and offers plenty options of local restaurants, bars and shops on the doorstep. We enjoyed our daily strolls into the centre of Funchal which took around 10 minutes. The apartment on the whole ok clean and well enough equipped, however, we found only 1 bath sheet, 1 bath towel and 2 hand towels. This I felt was not ideal as my husband and I were staying for a full week and had to reuse these towels for the duration of our stay. My husband did contact the owner to request more towels but we are still waiting for a reply. The apartment also offers a swimming pool facility but again there were no pool towels provided which meant we had to buy some. The drawers in the wardrobe need attention as they tend to fall when you use them. The power point in the bathroom comes apart when you remove a plug which I felt was extremely dangerous. The power point behind the sofa in the sitting room has the same problem. The beds do not have mattress or pillow protectors and there were double sheets on the single beds which drove me mad as they wrinkled every time you moved. I was aware that the apartment was dark as it is situated on the back of the building. However, I did not realise that the lights were required to be on all the time. During the night you were in pitch darkness so again a light needed to be left on. The apartment was advertised as having a ‘garden view’, unfortunately I do not consider a wall with plants growing up it as at garden view. A nice terrace area but unfortunately no sun, which to be fair I was made aware of from previous reviews.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2019

The apartment itself is OK, roomy, well furnished, bathroom amenities up to standard, but no safe. Kitchen OK, but no dishwasher, and natural gas boiler, natural gas cooker (normally, these are dangerous).
The main and really horrible fact is that the Booking.com image was taken from the (small) swimming pool, showing the sea in the distance. This is FRAUD, since the apartment view is on a wall, and, in March, we have sunshine only from 13:15 to 15:00 on the terrace, which is surrounded by tall buildings. We have to put on all the lights all day because the apartment is somber like a WWII bunker ! We complained to Booking.com, and had a feeble response, then silence. I entirely agree with the review of Liz T. The view from our bedroom is small high windows, with obscured glass panels, wihich open 5 cms, and underneath, there is a noisy and smelly restaurant !
Also, the shower is only accessible by walking over a more than 50 cms high bath wall, which for us (ages 75 & 72) is quite difficult. I will ask for a total refund from Booking.com, and if I don't get it, I'll file an official complaint..
We travel extensively, and this is the worst accomodation we've ever had.
We were in Madeira for our honeymoon 50 years ago (!), and were looking forward for a renewed marvellous experience, but this awful apartment has left us very very dissapointed !

Room tip: Do not touch !
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

Madeira is absolutely gorgeous! Great for a winter sun break! Its a paradise Isle in the middle of the Atlantic with breathtaking scenery! However as I write this I'm still waiting for Booking.Com to refund me for our stay at Quinta Miramar. Madeiras' answer to Fawlty Towers! It is nothing like the photographs! The view from the room is of a muddy wall! No pool access. Dark and dingy, 1970s decor, run down. Please see photo of the so called "view"! We were harassed during our stay by the owner demanding our bedding as we paid for a 3 people but there were 2 of us. It was intimidating and an invasion of our privacy. The accommodation was very noisy from the cafe bar next door. We could not sleep. We asked several times to be moved but the owner refused.We were going to complain to Booking.com while we were there but the owner was already breathing down our neck. He has since made false accusations against us of breaking the garage door remote control, which we didn't even use. We didn't even have a car. He also lied and said we had broke his (already broken) kitchen bin lid.He lied again and said we left the room untidy. Which it wasn't. So without my permission he took €49.90 from my bank. Ive had to contact my bank fraud team to investigate the owner. I'm still waiting for Booking.com to resolve this! I think we should get a FULL refund! I've travelled all over the world but NEVER had an experience like this! Madeira is amazing and beautiful, but please avoid this place!! I will update you all with Booking.com's response! I'm not even sure at this stage if I will get the €49.90 back, if not I'm going to the Police.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paradise36674104685, Gestor at Quinta Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2019

Dear Liz Taylor,

We are sorry for your bad review. We both know what happen, you left the apartment in a miserable conditions, full of trash, bottles, etc. We have photos.

As to that, as we have cleaning rules, as so many properties around the world, we charge you the cleaning fee stated in the entrance of the apartment. You just don't follow the apartment rules.

And then you just think you can just review whatever you wish.

So sorry for you

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Nice building in the Estrada Monumental. Downstairs you have a fresh bakery, with very good pastery/bread and their Icecream is godless! Easy walks to Funchal city centre, boulevard and to Lido. Incl. garage to go everywhere in Madeira.

Room tip: Good apartment for a family with small childern
Date of stay: July 2016