“Great food, friendly service, nice modern atmosphere... great value for money”

Taberninha Ze Vitoria
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Taberninha Ze Vitoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 710 Restaurants in Funchal
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful late lunch here with friends, it was a bit quiet in the restaurant, perhaps because of its location a bit further down a street otherwise plenty with very touristy restaurants. It didn’t bother us at all, it looked very clean and the menu was very appealing. We were sat down at a neatly dressed table, comfortably. The waiter was most friendly and helped us out with some recommendations which later proved to be a big success. We decided to order several mains to share. We had the pica-pau, francesinha, migas with prawns & stuffef mushrooms. Great food but plenty even for 4 to finish. We had a red douro wine called Dalva, also recommended by our waiter....great experience, one we’ll refer back to as we share memories on our Madeira trip. Kudos to the chef & team. Brava!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Carried a good review so we gave it a try. Modern yes in design, very creative menu,
My dish was good but nothing startling my wife’s was not at all good, I don’t know how you can ruin good tuna but it was achieved. The problem came when paying the bill and I have to say this was not the only place in Funchal. I presented my credit card to be told that it had been declined. This was impossible as I had used it less than 2 hours before at a supermarket. The excuses followed, it was an old machine! It’s never happened before! I reluctantly paid in cash. I was told later by a friend in the restaurant business that it is very easy to fix the credit card reader to decline all payments!
Now I am sure we all understand that cash flow is vital in a business and we all understand that the credit card companies charge high transaction charges. It would be far better if the restaurants were honest from the very start and said that they did not take credit cards unless the spend was over a certain value or they did not accept any cards at all.
The first time this happen to me on this holiday I spent time and money checking with my bank to be told there was nothing wrong. Lesson to all who come to funchal don’t be surprised if this happens to you.

1  Thank 19,454,870
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We visited this restaurant on the last night of the holiday, attracted initially because we were allowed to read the menu and look inside without any pressure from staff. We sat at the front near the street and has a three course meal and lovely wine. We really enjoyed the food and the staff were delightful, very friendly. The Poncha was excellent, thank you for showing us how it was made. I will return on our next visit to Funchal. Thank you.

4  Thank Jackie O O
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal, all typical food. Worth a visit. It is not in the main restaurant area and the restaurant is not busy but the food is freshly cooked and tasty. We highly recommend the prawns starter.

2  Thank M C
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Just saw this in passing a little way beyond the main restaurant area. Good not to be dragged in off the street but excellent service once inside from the young owner and his wife (the chef) Traditional Portuguese food with a modern twist. Starting with a welcoming poncha. All the food was freshly cooked, so not a place to rush a meal but to sit back and enjoy it, and enjoy it we did. We did not intend to visit any restaurant twice but this one was so good we just had to.

2  Thank Richard H