“Great for families”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terry F
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great for families”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Firstly to mention the owner who was fantastic throughout the booking process and holiday stay. He answered all our questions and went out of his way to help, nothing was too much trouble!

The villa itself is really nice, modern and clean. So many of the places we saw online looked old and dirty but this villa was excellent. The facilities had everything we needed to make it a real home from home; if I was being super picky then more uk TV channels would be nice (BBC 1, 2, itv and channel 4 plus CBeebies is what you get), but to be fair this is Portugal!

We went with 2 young kids (under 1 and nearly 4) plus the grand parents and we made it a real home from home holiday. The pool is great to have with plenty of toys to keep the kids occupied. The sunloungers were actually good quality with cushions which isn't what you normally get in these places!

On top of this the beach was only about 2 miles away with the lagoon about 500 meters walk away! This also kept us entertained. There are 2 or 3 little cafe / restaurants on the beach front, but not much else (more on this later!).

We took several day trips out to explore, Obidos itself is lovely, very old with the streets, castle, walls etc. Caldas de Rainha has a bit more going on in terms of shopping, parks etc. Both are about 25 mins drive away.

We also went out to Peniche to see the fishing village and maritime museum which again is about 30 mins drive. Lisbon was a brilliant day out and plenty to keep all ages occupied for the day, it's about 60 mins drive.

If we didn't have such young children there are plenty of walks, bike rides, runs to do in and around the villas local area.

The only negative I would point out may well be a positive (it was for us but might not be for everyone!). This villa and the village is super quiet, and I mean quiet. Many of the villas are empty and for sale so it feels a bit deserted. As a result there really are no shops and only a couple of places to eat out. For instance the nearest super market is 20/25 mins drive away. Now this was great for us and we just occupied ourself in the pool and on the beaches (which are quiet too and really nice) but if you want something a bit more lively then you will have to travel quite a way to get anything.

One last thing, there look to be 2 or 3 great golf course within a mile or so of the villa if that's your thing. Im a golfer back home but unfortunately not on a family holiday! However from what I saw I would certainly play these courses given the chance. I hope this brings a bit more commercial expansion to this area to help make it more popular and fill the empty villas; if that happened then I think it would suit more people.

In summary the villa was perfect for what we wanted it for. Nice weather, clean and modern with some really nice family time to ourselves with our young family.

26 Jun 2017
Thankyou for your kind review . It was great to have you stay and iam pleased you had a most enjoyable stay and had great weather and are always welcome to stay again. It was slightly unfortunate that you did not find more local restaurants and i will be adding to the information file further with a more comprehensive list of restaurants that i can pleasingly recommend that are in easy divining distance of the villa to help give guests greater choice . I was also pleased to hear that you found my villa modern and clean which is a credit to my local represenative whom manages my villa locally plus the fact that i re decorated the villa internally throughout earlier in February this year which has obvoiusly shone through Thanks again
Abqaiq
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in December 2016

6 Feb 2017
Hi Chris , I am glad you enjoyed your stay during the Christmas period and found our communication excellent and helpful . Thanks for pointing out that you found the villa cold which has not been mentioned prevoiusly by other guests whom have stayed at this time of year i gather it has been unseasonally so and i have taken this on board and will look at improving this although when you kindly mentioned this in a personal email you didn't have seemed to have used the other heaters that are there. Thanks again for your comments and the trouble you took to contact me personally .Hope to hear from you again in the future.
Mike R
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 2 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Last month we spent a fantastic 9 days at the Villa Rua de Mastro. The location is just over an hour's drive from Lisbon airport. The villa was exactly as described and we were not disappointed!! There are 3 spacious bedrooms in the property, so plenty of room for a large family if required. The villa was very clean and comfortable and equipped with everything you could need. Lots of wonderful places to visit, Obidos and the castle are fantastic!!! Ate out most nights and did not have one bad experience. People are really friendly and welcoming. Finally, Gary the owner has been excellent from the point of us inquiring about the villa to ensuring we had no problems during the stay to making sure we get our deposit back after the stay. Looking forward to staying again in the future!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Oct 2015
Glad you had a most enjoyable stay at my villa and as you say had a "fantastic time" in what I regard as a most unspoilt area of the Silver coast. I was particularly pleased you found everything exactly as described and you were not disappointed at all
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Teenagers
26 Aug 2015
Hi, Thank you for your very kind review and glad you had a most enjoyable stay in my villa and you found it clean, modern and well equipped. I have also taken on board you constructive comments that are fully appreciated as there is always room for improvement and regard my villa as home from home and want to achieve a very high standard of satisfaction for my guests .Hope may be to see you return in the future.
Peter C
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent and spacious villa”
Reviewed 30 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at this villa. It was really clean and welcoming, a credit to the owners. The location is great for a relaxing vacation, with many attractive places nearby. The local beaches are wonderful. The villa is very well maintained and the pool is excellent. Would recommend this villa and location.to anyone. This was our second vacation to the area and we will be returning again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Jun 2015
Very pleased you had a most enjoyable stay recently at my villa its very important indeed to obtain such pleasing feed back that you found are villa very clean and welcoming and I have complimented my English representative who looks after the villa on my behalf. Like you I find the villas situation on this unspoilt part of the Silver coast quietly situated in Natural Forest with lots to do and visit at the same time restful most appealing and the beaches outstanding around the Lagoon and Atlantic. When ever ,as mentioned, you decided to return I will do my atmost to accomadate you again and can be sure of a warm welcome !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing