“Amazing spot”

Kite Control
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Obidos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kite Control is a kiteboarding school based in Bom Sucesso beach, on the south side of the Obidos lagoon (Portugal's biggest lagoon located only 1 hour north of Lisbon). We offer kitesurf lessons for all levels as well as gear rentals. We also do kitesurf tandems which is a new way to experience this amazing sport.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 May 2018

What to write in a review?
The spot is amazing, a lagoon close to the ocean. Conditions were perfects for me (beginner) but I think are great for kiters of all levels. The good point is that is not overcrowded of kites, and that is really a plus.
My teacher was great, calm and professional. I felt safe and I improved.

All reviews
"laguna"
"lagoon"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The Obidos lagoon is an excellent spot for kite boarding: constant winds, shallow water, lots of space, safe surrounding. All in all the perfect spot for a kite boarding school.
I took a few hours of private lessons at "kite control", after I took part in a group lesson a few years ago in germany. Before starting at "kite control" I was somewhat able to fly the kite but had no skills in getting on the board yet. My instructor was an experienced kite boarder with amazing teaching skills and within 4 hours I was able to get on the board and ride a good bit. The system of private or semi private lessons ( 1:1 or 1:2) offered by kite control is very efficient as it gets you on the board in no time. Although of course the price for this kind of teaching is higher, it is completely worth the money as you make effort by the minute.
All instructors that I met are very nice, responsible and have the goal to bring you safely on the board at your own pace. The gear is all new, many different kites for all winds are available. All in all a very recommendable place to successfully learn kite boarding!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We've done our first Kitesurfing course with this school and it was a blast! We had a very great time and the team were so kind and pro with us.
Thank you all of you for the patience and your kindness!
Cheers!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I rented material from Francois and it was in great shape (some kites even were new and unused). The lagoon is a safe spot and a perfect place for learning how to kitesurf as well as for training. Francois is friendly person and always happy to help. Would definitely come back and recommend Kite Control!
Thanks for making us feel right at home :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We spent 10 wonderful, windy days in Óbidos and really appreciated the welcoming atmosphere in the house, the professional kite lessons and good vibes that surround this place. My boyfriend had beginner lessons and made great progress thanks to the instructors patience ;) In the evenings we had dinner with the other guys staying in the house, had BBQ or went to a Restaurant with François. We're looking forward to coming again next summer and are grateful for an amazing time!