“Perfect location and price, in the center of...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lisbon Heart

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
SFsabrina...
Doha, Qatar
“Perfect location and price, in the center of Lisbon”
Reviewed 20 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

This was our first trip to Portugal and we had a great experience. We opted for a vacation rental because our stay would be more than just a couple of days and I knew this would be a good price option vs a hotel stay. Searched on TripAdvisor and found the perfect location with Lisbon Heart. From the first communication, Juan the owner was very helpful. During our actual stay he was not in town but left a friend in charge and Francisco was amazing. He met us at the meeting point, walked us to the apartment (on a weeknight, it was after 10pm!) helped us with our bags up the stairs and also stayed to show us how everything worked (connecting to internet, tv remotes, stove, water heater.. everything!) We checked in with him again a couple days later and he was very accomodating, a fantastic host.

We were greeted with a fruit basket and a bottle of wine... maps of the city center, tourist sites, local spots to check out during our stay, clean towels and linens, even umbrellas just in case it rained! The space was perfect for 2 (not sure if the couch turns into a sofa... if yes, then 3 people could possibly stay in the flat. Amenities of having a kitchen for the length of our stay was great, we went grocery shopping and saved on several meals... although I highly recommend venturing out and tasting the local food (it was delicious, especially the Pastelerias that you will find all around the center).

Everything was super comfortable, bed, living area and eating area as well. The kitchen was stocked with all necessities: appliances, pots and pans, utensils, everything. TV was not only just basic channels, couldn't keep count how many channels but a lot of options, internet also was included.

My ratings for all categories are 5 out of 5 except for location. Not the location of the actual flat but getting to the flat is what that rating is for, let me explain... I was travelling with my mom and she is 60 years old. The proximity to the center is perfect, size of apartment is perfect, value is fantastic, service was tops but as I mentioned my mom is 60 and actually getting to and from the apartment was not a breeze for her. It is literally 3 minutes from the center (for a non 60 year old) .... but there was a very steep hill a flight of steep concrete stairs and then another set of stairs in the apartment building... for an older traveller this is not a good option. My mother (and I at times) couldn't help but get winded when climbing up the hill and the stairs. But then On the other hand, we did see quite a few younger people going up and down with ease.

Overall a fantastic stay. The center is vibrant and always buzzing with people. I recommend to do as much as possible (there's so much to do, choose wisely!) Definitely hit the castles in Sintra, the bridge is Lisbon, Torre de Belen, elevador Santa Junta, all the little streets and plazas in the center, the park, city of Porto is a must! We were unable to enjoy the beach as during our stay the weather was quite chilly, but Francisco said when the weather is nice - go to the beach =)

Thank you Juan and Francisco!

Travelling group: Other

New York City, New York
“Exellent Apartment”
Reviewed 5 May 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

I was a little worried to rent this apartment because there were no earlier reviews. After spending over a week in the flat, I am very glad I chose it.
When we arrived to Lisbon, the owners met us on Rossio square and took us to the flat. The apartment is brand new in a brand new building (explains why there were no reviews for it). Freshly painted, new wooden floors, bright, on the second floor. The studio looks much better in life then in the photos, it’s much bigger, newer and brighter. The kitchen and dining area is separated from sleeping area, so it’s rather large studio – you’re not eating on your bed.
The owners thought of every detail and everything necessary (and not) was provided. On arrival, even a basket of fresh fruit was waiting for us! New, fresh linen and towels provided. New and sturdy mattress. There were flat screen TV with lots of channels in every possible language, DVD player, and free WIFI. Electrical heater was also useful because it was very chilly for couple of nights. One day it was raining and we found that owners didn’t forget about 2 umbrellas either. I was really amazed at how they thought of everything. All kitchen utensils, dishes, even things like oil, salt, and coffee/tea were there. Mid-size refrigerator (with fresh milk inside), microwave, toaster, electrical oven. All appliances were brand new so worked perfectly.
The bathroom was larger than on the pictures, spotlessly clean, with good water pressure and hot water. All towels, soaps, etc. were there.
Location was priceless – it’s right off Rossio square on a small street, practically right behind it. To explore Lisbon we didn’t have to take any trams or metro – everything was within walking distance. We once took the tram 28 (the stop is 5 min from flat) just to see the old city, but later realized that it was very near. To sightsee outside Lisbon, we used Rossio station, so, no metro was necessary.
There was a large supermarket less then 5 min walk, a traditional market about 10 min walk from the flat. At night, Bairo Alto with bars and clubs was also about 7-10 min walk. For shopping, cafes, and restaurants – the streets off Rossio, trendy rua Augusta are all outside the apartment. All was very safe and there were always people around any time of day or night. Being that apartment is behind a square the street it’s on is not so busy, so we got a quiet sleep.
The accommodation was perfect, the owners were very welcoming and helpful – from beginning to end. They provided maps, advice on were to go what to do, and were very accessible by phone and e-mail when we needed them. Unfortunately, one of us got very sick at the end, and the owners not only safely delivered our money and documents, they were with us at all times until appropriate care was provided, helping with language, transportation, advice. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for everything they have done.
Thank you, Juan and Joao, for the perfect apartment, and for all your help! Would definitely love to stay at the studio again!

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 18-24
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
volandthe...
new york
“The best apartment rental experience I've ever had”
Reviewed 17 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

Let me start with basics. Wifi, new clean full kitchen, full shower. cable tv with 800 channels, center of the city (as center as it gets). Very safe area. Hot water! Immaculate new construction and new bathroom. Now for the extras. The guys who own the place are fantastic. They left all the travel info, all the kitchen appliances and utensils was new and ready to use (I even got the tea, fruit basket and Portugal pastry as a welcome gift). Everything is designed with taste and extra clean. I think if I stayed anyplace else Portugal would not feel as great as it did. They patiently explained everything. Its easy to find the apartment, but they still meet you at the time that you arrive. Juan and Joao are great guys and ready to help at anytime. If you want to have a great time in Portugal this is the place to stay. I loved it. (Try not to stay in the run down places, I made that mistake when I first came to Portugal before meeting Joao). ohhh by the way they speak English and for me was a big plus. Even the cork opener was in the kitchen :)! Fantastic and detail oriented.
The only bad thing is that I expect now the same service from everyone :)
Highly recommended.

Your age range 35-49
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Beth038
Zurich, Switzerland
“This is the perfect apartment in a charming area.”
Reviewed 3 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

This well-located apartment was spotlessly clean and had all the mod cons that a visitor would need/want/desire. It is a five star accommodation wrapped up in a charmingly furnished flat. The owners very thoughtfully left us a small bottle of port, some coffee, fresh fruit and lots of tourist/travel information. They also met us in town and walked us to the apartment. We travel a lot and now that we know about this place, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lisbon. We were really shocked that such a fabulous place was so reasonably priced. We loved it.

Your age range 50-64
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing