“First time eating canned fish”
Review of Loja das Conservas

Loja das Conservas
Ranked #108 of 485 things to do in Lisbon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We really weren’t sure what we were in for when we sat down in the lovely outdoor seating. We were pleasantly surprised. We met four different employees who were extremely knowledgable of the menu, friendly, spoke near perfect English. We ordered 3 different meals and a tuna curry app which were all fantastic. The bread and Sangria were outstanding as well.

1  Thank Trombadave
"portugal"
in 6 reviews
"art"

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My review is about the new restaurant in "Rua da Assuncao". Not yet listed on Trip Advisor.
The place is lovely - a shop selling tinned potted fish next to a delightful restaurant. The members of staff were absolutely superb on the 2 occassions we visited. Explained everything is brilliant English and explained the concept of the restaurant carefully and precisely. The place is nice and simple and modern - excellent.
The food which is what it is really about is cooked from start and can only be described as fantasic. The flavours are brilliant and the prices are very good - not over the top at all. The quantities depended on the item of course but on both occassions it was good - no silly swishes with a sauce or pretty patterns. Just very very well presented by brilliant staff.
On my return I will be heading for here first.

1  Thank Howard-Liverpool
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This new restaurant has taken the concept of tinned fish and elevated it to something that is exceptionally tasty and and and relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. I would not have believed it if I had not tried it myself, bit the high quality of the Portuguese canned fish is better than frozen. I would never believed that my tempura wasn’t fresh and our pates were scrumptious-especially the olive and anchovy pate. The menu is extremely reasonablely priced! Definitely a do over. And definitely worth a try!!

1  Thank lnamikas
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great variety of tasty tinned sardines and different fish patés. Friendly staff and the best extra hot pepper sauce - Peri Peri Ai Ai! The lady wasn't joking / Tis HOT and amazing!

1  Thank AdrienneL172