Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
A Quirky Dining Experience If You Like Seafood

We came across Loja das Conservas while strolling the heart of Baixa in search of a Saturday-night... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
braulioa8968
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Las Das Conservas

A great original idea, a restaurant based on conserved fish...sardines are my favourite. The staff... read more

Reviewed 12 September 2018
Patti G
McLaren Vale, Australia
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Lisbon
from US$75.50
More Info
All reviews tinned fish sardines fantastic shop portuguese tradition tins producers gifts collection portugal art
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great variety of tasty tinned sardines and different fish patés. Friendly staff and the best extra hot pepper sauce - Peri Peri Ai Ai! The lady wasn't joking / Tis HOT and amazing!

1  Thank AdrienneL172
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best restaurant in Lisbonne (in the rua da assuncao). Really différent of the restaurant of the area. Cheap, excellent and a realy great service. I do suggest to accept « the couvert » with bread and tapas, a delight

1  Thank Charlotte M
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

It has lots of different types of sardines and other fish in the cans. You can buy several and put them in boxes to make gifts. The shop is a bit dark and the light is very disturbing. It’s a challenge to read the names of the products.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Only in Portugal can a shop feature tinned fish with all its history! Wasted 30 mins while it rained.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Went inside to take a look and one lady asked which language we speak. My boyfriend said Spanish, so she offered us to taste some toasts speaking Spanish to us.
I choose to buy a package with 4 sorts of canned fish as a gift for someone. Once at the register my boyfriend spoke spanish again and this other, younger woman, told us in a really arrogant way to speak English. Okay so I did, I asked her if she had some kind of wrapping paper. She showed me a piece, I said its okay and she replied: this will do nothing for you and she put it away. Very weird..
Having read te reviews about the problems at the airport i knew not to put the fish in our carry on luggage. So I asked a second question, if its okay to put it in our luggage without some kind of wrapping paper around it in case it would leak or something since the luggage gets thrown around at the airport.
Again she replied to me in a very arrogant way saying: we dont have that. And tin doesnt break.
I told her I was just asking because i didnt know for sure. She bent over and said very close to my face: you do know you are buying canned fish. We were actually shocked by her blatent arrogance.
She made us feel bad for asking simple questions. Obviously i know the package wouldnt break in half but having travelled alot we sure have had some surprises in case of tin cans leaking...
So i just stopped replying, payed for my stuff and left the place.
Such a bummer on our last day because we found the Portuguese to be very lovely and kind people. I know theres a language barrier but for someone who demanded we speak English she obviously didnt or wouldnt understand my questions and made me feel stupid.
To finish i agree with some other reviews, there are other little authentic shops where you can buy the same things for a better price, and definitly with some better service.

2  Thank tis0