All reviews city centre metro station flight path business hotel gulbenkian museum body lotion nice hotel recommend this hotel nice bathroom clean rooms cold meats minutes walking star hotel light sleeper buffet breakfast enjoyed my stay nice breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and enjoyed every minute of it.

There are so many wonderful things about it...

The staff- are amazing! Everyone at the front desk speaks excellent English, are friendly, professional and no request is too much trouble. When there were a few minor issues with the room these were addressed immediately.

The breakfast-wow. There is so much choice from cereals, different breads and croissants, a selection of cheeses and cold meats, fruits, yoghurts and a hot breakfast as well as a lovely supply of pastries. The staff are very attentive and again every request was dealt with promptly and with a smile.

Location-not central but very convenient only a few minutes from the espanha metro station (if you go to level -3 through the car park you will come out onto street level, cut diagonally across towards the main street and turn right the station is in front of you.
Also we took the line 2 aerobus from the airport for only €4 euros each and it drops you right outside the hotel. The driver was very good at letting us know when we were at the stop for our hotel. However coming back on a Sunday the aerobus didnot turn up. We took a cab to the hotel which cost €12. The taxi driver was rather rude when we asked him about the fare and actually recommended using Uber?! There are strange people everywhere.

The rooms are very spacious, modern and comfortable. The mattress was lovely, the pillows not to my liking but I'm sure if you had any issues they will exchange them. The bath was huge and the overhead shower powerful. There was a bide which I love also. The hairdryer is also powerful so no need to pack your own. There is a safe free of charge and coffee/tea machine. There is also a fridge with chargeable items. Yes the hotel is on a flight path however once the windows are closed you have to really concentrate to hear the noise. It didn't stop me from sleeping and I'm a light sleeper. Also most hotels in this area all have the same issue as Lisbon airport is literally in the city unlike many European cities where airports are located in the outskirts.

If I had to be fussy and criticise something it would be the spa area. If you're hoping for a wonderful spa don't go here. Otherwise I would definitely recommend it and wouldn't think twice about where to stay if I came back.

Thank you to everyone at the hotel who made our stay so lovely.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Apart from the sauna and jacuzzi that worked fantastically and that was never too busy when ever i when, there is nothing special about this hotel. Breakfast was as expected. Enough choices. I stayed in a standard room, you get a bath but no tea and coffee in the room. Not even a kettle. You do have restaurant, and a cinema at walking distance.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I am a frequent flyer and usually stay in hilton or the IHG chain due to my membership with them
This time on our 30th wedding anniversary, I decided to book Sana Malhoa. Being sceptical of moving outside my hotel chain circle,I was pleasantly surprised by the GUEST RELATION (Clara) from this hotel,emailing me before our arrival,asking if she could make our trip special,and she did!
She arranged complimentary fruit cocktail and champagne (although we had to swap that with soft drinks,as we don't drink alcohol).It was the thought that made us feel special.
The highlight of our trip was the hotel allowing us to use their SPA after checking out, later in the day after a sweaty day out.This gave us the chance to have fresh hot shower and change before leaving for the airport.This is something not experienced by us with Hilton or any IHG group.
It's truly a 5* hotel with all facilities upto mark.
Thanks to all staff especially Clara at 'guest relation'.
In Lisbon again,definitely staying here
Dr Sadiq
Glasgow

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hafiz S
SANAMalhoa, Guest Relations Manager at SANA Malhoa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Dr. Sadiq and Wife,
Thank you again for choosing SANA Malhoa for your stay in Lisbon!
It was a pleasure to welcome you in our house.
I also would like to thank you again, for the messages you sent, giving us feedback of your stay. They took me home with a smile and a sense of mission accomplished - my guests are happy:)
Thank you as well for this perfect feedback - I'm transmitting to all the team, we will be motivated!
I truly hope to welcome you both again in the future, so don't hesitate to contact me at any time.
My warmest regards,
Clara Marçal

Reviewed 24 August 2018

It took me some time to write a review of this hotel, but I really liked my stay. I was there for a conference in the nearby university and I had my family joining me for a couple of days. I ended up spending most of the days in my hotel room, working until late to meet a deadline. Because of the combination of travelling with family and having to work intensely, I had to make a lot of requests to the hotel's personnel. And all my requests were met with great efficiency and kindness. Everyone in the personnel was wonderful, especially with my daughter (she also run to embrace the maître de salle at the end of her stay). At the same time, all the people I dealt with were very professional, warm but never pushing or inappropriate.
The hotel in itself is a nice business hotel, notably with a wonderful breakfast buffet, but the full marks I gave it is mostly due to the wonderful people working there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear FiorellaeFrancesco,
Thank you for choosing SANA Malhoa Hotel for your business trip to Lisbon.
And thank you as well for this very positive review and feedback, it is motivating and rewarding to know that we were able to adjust our services, either for business or leisure, and to show you the true pride of SANA Malhoa Hotel - the staff! Thank you again!
We look forward to welcome you again, so please don't hesitate to contact us on your next visit !
Warmest regards from all the Team,
Clara Marçal

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We stayed 8-12 of August. First of all I have to mention the professionalism of hotel staff. Very careful and polite with the clients. We found the location conveniently out of crowdy downtown and at the same time close by metro. Cleanliness in a very high level, we also try spa services which were clean too. Every day we enjoyed hearty breakfast and once we had a delicious dinner at a cost according to menu we chose (lobster). Of course we were hearing the aeroplane noise but it wasn't so annoying.
Sure we would prefer to stay again.

Room Tip: Metro station: Praça de Espanha, very close to zoo and Calouste Gulbenkian Museum,
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family