“Nice place; average food”
Review of Cafe Sao Remo

Cafe Sao Remo
Ranked #2,323 of 5,071 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 3 May 2018

The restaurant is in the northern part of Lisbon, close to many hotels, meaning that it can be a good choice for people who want to avoid the touristic restaurants in the downtown. The restaurant is spacious, and the service is friendly. The food is just average - the portions are not so generous as they use to be in most Portuguese restaurants. Enjoy!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Only stopped here for a drink but there was one waiter who was just so lovely and deserves a mention!!!!! Unfortunately don't know his name!!!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

A Pastelera, Cafe & Restaurant with a Gin bar which is why I was there, they had Ophir which is my favorite.
Not many places have Ophir and I was surprised to see it here so it was my bar of choice while in Lisbon.
Also as a bi-product there chocolate eclairs are to die for.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I was in business trip from Japan with some coworkers. We didn't know what discrimination was until we suffered discrimination from the staff. We tried to order and the staff just would ignore us while attending any table around us, when we finally ordered, any other table would be served before us even if they ordered after. Until we had to order again. From the staff faces we could say they weren't happy to have us there. It felt horrible. I can speak fluent Portuguese and English, so it wasn't a miscommunication issue. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

While there are inside tables I took the opportunity to sit outside on a balmy night. The menu is not extensive with mainly Portugese fare but most will find something to choose. Bottled wine is offered but the house wine by carafe was fine. A nice place to eat and watch the world go by.