See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The place is a dump. Start with the elevator (disgusting) finishing with the cleaning. I was there with my wife for 12 days. Bed sheets and pillow cases never changed. Room service is only replacing the towels and toillete paper. Cleaning is non existing. Floors are dirty. My room was not the one that was booked. Pictures don;t reflect the reality. Our room had two beds. One was so noisy that I was sleeping on the floor. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Room tip: All rooms are on the fourth floor. There are three that face the square.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoCool
Reviewed 10 May 2017

This hotel is a disgrace! Room 405 has a very serious water problem with rain water pouring into the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom the night of May 4, 2017 was flooded with rain water 1/2 inch deep. The ceiling/walls were soaked with water around the perimeter of the bathroom. In addition the area around the doorway to the little balcony (walls/ceiling) was soaked and a large amount of water collected in the waste basket and water dripping from the ceiling splashed to within 3 inches of the bed.

i could not sleep through all the noise from the dripping water and tried to seek help from the reservation desk, but no one answered my calls for help. The maid offered to mop up the water, but I refused to remain in this room because it is obvious from the looks of the walls/ceilings and bedroom flooring this is a continuous water problem. There were signs of mold growth around the ceiling in the bedroom. Obviously the health risk to anyone with allergies/asthma is a critical problem. I have those health issues. I took pictures of this room that visualize these water problems.

I moved out of this room, but was not provided with another room until 1 pm, when check-in begins. This situation caused a loss of many hours of sleep and tourist activity. The owner refused to allow a credit of the rent for one night. He stated he owed me nothing and stated it was not his fault.

Beware this accommodation because they collect payment in cash only and thereby one is unable to hold back on payment by a credit card company in situations such as this.

No hotel wholesaler should allow this hotel on their website due to the legal ramifications due to possible health issues of guests.

Room tip: TV is not usable in 405 because it is not hooked up to the cable network. They refused to fix this. Always said tomorrow.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Fantastic location - just outside the Rossio metro station and bus terminal, close to many tourist attractions, the famous Santa Justa lift is only a few minutes walk away.

The room was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was spacious. The bed was made, the room was cleaned/tidied and fresh towels were provided everyday. Lots of English speaking channels on TV. Breakfast was nice and generous - breads, cakes, jam and butter, small coffee, juice, milk, yogurt, apples ... and a whole pack of cheese! They bring the breakfast up in your room at your chosen time.

Like other reviewers are saying, there were patches of mould on the wall by the window and the walls were thin so you could hear the TV from other room. However, we weren't bothered about it at all as room was still clean and comfortable, we were tired from walking and sightseeing and slept okay, and most of all, really enjoyed the great location at such a reasonable price.

The staff were all friendly and very helpful. We will happily stay here again.

Apparently this is a 'pay at check in' type of property. Just be mindful of that fact if you're going to book via travel agencies. We booked with Expedia who took our card details and lead us to believe that we've made a full payment. However, we're told by the hotel at the time of check in that we had to pay then by cash. That, obviously was a completely unexpected payment for us and very inconvenient, but that was Expedia's fault, not the hotel's.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank a k
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Worst experience ever. Hotel is a proper damp and room covered with mould. It's a real health hazard for people with allergys, asthma, etc.

When arrived i was told i would have to change the room after 1st night. I wasn't given a good reason why so, just that they are fully booked. But it was all clear to me when i saw the room. Walls and ceiling covered with mould. The smell was horrendous. Hotel must knew about this and i was given a family room for the other two nights.
Second room was better but it did stink. I did complain few times but the best respons was that they will renevate the first room summer 2017. Does that mean a new layer of paint, who knows.

Hotel has poor security. Anyone can take the lift from the street level to 4th floor. Even in the night time. Reception is on the 2nd.

There is no heating or aircon. system. First room had old windows and a gap under balcony door. It was very chilly and drafty night.

Room tip: Just don't go there.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2016

The temp was 35c degree in 2nd week of August 16. I had booked 2 rooms, there was no fan in one room when checking in. Very hardly managed to get a fan by a lady staff. The fan's 2 pin cord broke in third night due to bad electric socket, and no replacement fan was provided. Guess how we slept at night on that temp? No safety on the balcony because railing was rusty, I don't think it is strong enough, see pictures of beds and bath room. I don't recommend to anyone unless these issues have been sorted out by the Hotel owner. Only good thing is that the staff are very helpful and friendly although one of the male staff didn't speak English.

Room tip: I don't recommend, unless the hotel owner gets improvement in this points.
Date of stay: August 2016