1,010 results
All reviews free coffee machine imac computer shower door ceiling fan excellent location small kitchen pillow menu breakfast is served superior room baixa chiado metro station hear everything rooms are small mini fridge stylish hotel enjoyed my stay central lisbon light sleeper
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying In Browns Downtown Hotel in early November. From check in with Manuel, and an upgrade, many thanks the rooms and everything were fabulous, a superb comfortable bed in a spacious suite, we decided to extend our stay by an extra night and had to move to a superior double room which was also excellent, Many thanks Riu for accommodating us at short notice. all staff were great throughout our stay, nice breakfast in the bistro in the mornings. An excellent location to explore Lisbon. I would definitely return again, Until next time, stay busy. Damien

Room tip: suite on the 6th floor
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel was great space was a bit small but for the price and location it was well worth it. The staff was very hospitable and attentive to our every need. Also they utilized the small space effectively to where you do not feel crammed in.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Very comfortable beds, a silent fan and a good shower - everything I want in a hotel room. There was also a mac pc, an i-pad, speakers, large fridge (that did not hum). An ideal location as you can walk to the waterfront, the castle and the cathedral and it is an easy journey to Belem and Sintra. The reception staff were very helpful. There are some great restaurants nearby. The cold breakfast buffet was excellent, especially the fresh fruit. It was odd that the bacon, eggs and pancakes were always cold- although they were on hot plates.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Brown's Downtown Hotel. The rooms were really nice and the housekeeping was excellent. The restaurant was really good also. They have an excellent breakfast buffet. The hotel is close to all of the sightes in Lisbon and the metro is right around the corner. What really stood out about this hotel was the people that work there. I have never met a nicer more helpful group of people in any hotel I have stayed at. They were really helpful with directions and giving me suggestions on things to see. I really enjoyed talking to some of the people that worked their and learned a lot about Portugal. I will never forget on the day I was flying back there was a transit slow down due to a labor dispute and the trains were not running in the morning. I had booked a taxi through the hotel but with all of the traffic the taxi was late in showing up. One of the staff took the time to walk with me down the street to the square to help me catch another taxi. The taxi I booked showed up at the hotel and they called the employee who let them know where we were so everything worked out. It was such a nice thing to do and like I said before everyone at this hotel is so nice, It was my first trip to Portugal. I fell in love with the city, the food and most important the people. I hadn't been planning on it but I will now be going back within the year and will definitely stay at Brown's Downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank coogerken
Reviewed 28 October 2018

This is small boutique hotel in downtown Lisbon. It is a renovated historic building with all the perfect touches for a lovely stay: great ambiance, great looking rooms (small given it's in an old building), great details (speakers, lobby, bathroom toiletries).

The best thing about it is the STAFF! They were absolutely fantastic. They were a welath of information and helped us with recommendations, tips, reservations - you name it. I can't say enough.

I am taking one star off because the rooms have no carpet (they have gorgeous wood floors) but that made it harder to sleep because you can hear everything that is going on on top of you.

• Trip type: Travelled with family