1,645 results
All reviews chocolate fountain complimentary port quiet side street main avenue traditional hotel avenida metro charming hotel roof terrace excellent location sardines honesty bar fifth floor minute walk pastries within easy walking distance breakfast buffet central location
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Barely a 3 star hotel feels more like a hostel. It's old run down and the rooms are very small. Beds hard and the whole thing is showing it's tired age. Sure the breakfast room is fixed up nicely and looks good in the pictures but the room quality and comfort should be where it counts. Way overpriced for what you get. Don't be fooled by the online impression.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
HeritageLisbon, General Manager at Hotel Lisboa Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion and to give us the opportunity to clarify some points about our hotel.
The Lisboa Plaza is a traditional Portuguese hotel where the family that owns it since its construction in 1954 tries to maintain its original character along with nowadays comfort. We just finished last year a major renovation of all the hotel. The rooms differ in size and layout, from the petite room to the junior suites, but all of them offering the same recent equipment (free wifi, individually controlled a/c, double glazing, flat screen tv, etc). The information in our website is updated as well as the photos. We regret that our hotel didn’t meet your expectations but in every communication we try to show that we are not a new hotel, but instead one hotel that reflects the traditional and friendly Portuguese charm.
Yours sincerely,
Diogo Laranjo

Reviewed 8 December 2016

My husband and I planned a quick weekend break to Lisbon, he searched for Old World Hotels and chose Hotel Lisboa Plaza. One of a group of 5 or 6 hotels in excellent locations in Lisbon. The Hotel is enchanting and enviting, gracious entrance, turned marble staircase, classic design. The staff were professional, friendly and very welcoming. We had booked a room but were thrilled to find that we had been given a beautiful suite. Breakfast was included, very well presented in a lovely dining room. A definite place to return to again and again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I always do hours of research before booking any accommodations. We (4 adults) recently spent 2 nights here. We liked it very much! We stayed in 2 interconnecting rooms. The rooms were a fine size but I did find the bathroom in our room to be on the small side. There was not much counter space in the bathroom for my toiletries. The bathroom in our other room which had two twin sized beds was larger and had extra counter space. I was very impressed that each room had converter boxes...I never find that! The showers were modern and there were lots of mirrors in the rooms (important for women!) The location was perfect...just a block off the main Avenida de Liberdade. The large breakfast buffet was fantastic every morning (it included a chocolate fountain!!). If you couldn't find something that you liked, then you were not hungry! The staff was friendly and accommodating. They were helpful giving directions and recommending restaurants. And every evening there was free port in the lobby...yum! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

This is a medium to small hotel that has been kept up to date and has a good classical atmosphere.It is very well located within easy walking distance of many restaurants and the old city center and it's many attractions. The staff at all times were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was more than adequate.

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

An old hotel designed in a classical style including creaky lifts and noisy pumping. The rooms have to be opened with a key. A really atmospheric and stylish hotel. It is conveniently located just off the main tourist avenue.

Not perfect though. I found my room small compared to the other two hotels I stayed in during this trip. They might have overdone the heritage theme. The bathroom literally shakes when the toilet flush is used. The toiletries provided is rudimentary. The staff though polite lacked the warmth of some of the Asian hotels. Perhaps it is part of the elegance and classiness of the hotel.

The breakfast was a redeeming feature. I enjoyed this breakfast most of the 3 hotels I stayed in for the 2 weeks I was in Portugal.

All in, a very good place to stay in for the ambience, but misses a perfect score for me.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business