3,274 results
All reviews grand old hotel beautiful hotel train station junior suite public rooms classic hotel perfect location the hotel website concierge staff breakfast buffet sitting room beautiful room five star hotel three nights rossio square fresh fruit would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I recently stayed at Hotel Avenida Palace for a Lisbon neurology meeting. I chose this hotel because of the high Tripadvisor rating. I was not disappointed. We were upgraded to a room double the size on checkin, because it was available. The hotel is stunning, and the rooms and lobby are out of a movie script. Most importantly the service was welcoming and exemplary. Wonderful breakfast was included, and you felt you were dining in an old world mansion. The location is superb to just get out on old cobbled roads, to walk around and see wonderful sights within blocks, along with great shopping. This is a very picturesque and affordable European city; very friendly to Americans. Our hotel was not huge, so you felt really personalized service, but it was large enough for regular room service and good TV coverage. I would come back in a heartbeat, and would not stay at another hotel in Lisbon. Hard to believe this is not rated #1.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank PKC466
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. It was such a pleasure to read your review and to acknowledge that you were not disappointed for choosing to stay at the Avenida Palace. We were delighted to know that our services lived up to your expectations.

We can't wait to welcome you again, very soon, to your new Lisbon residence.

Meanwhile, you may follow the Avenida Palace on Instagram and see the nice pictures of our daily activities.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stayed three nights at this hotel/mansion. It's beautiful. High ceilings. Elegant furnishings. Sound proof windows. Climate control that works. Comfortable beds. Even the lobby is comfy, with cushioned chairs and couches I'd be pleased to have in my living room - and they are easy to sit in and get out of! Breakfast is served in another high ceilinged, spacious and sunny room. It's buffet style with service for coffee/tea and bussing the tables. Big generous pots of coffee/tea and big generous pitchers of milk for it,served hot or cold, your choice. Refills on these big pots come quickly. You are not rushed and there's plenty of food and you never feel like another hotel guest is waiting for your table.

I had one of those nightmare scenarios on vacation where a pneumonia rushed over me like an unrelenting tide and I really couldn't walk any distance at all. The lovely ambience of this comfortable hotel and the truly kind and helpful staff gave me a nice stay and I hope to return one day and visit this beautiful city properly. And I'll stay at this hotel when I do :)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank claudiacJ4362VQ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your fabulous review about your stay at the Avenida Palace. We are delighted to learn that our ambience and our staff contributed to a nice stay with us.

We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable stay for all our guests and thank you for your recognition.

Your enthusiasm for our Hotel and services is very much appreciated and so we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at the Avenida Palace in a not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We spent three nights at the Avenida Palace. A really beautiful hotel with impressive decor. The location is ideal with metro right outside the door and a short walk to the tram up to Barrio Alto. Make sure you buy the 24hr travel card from the metro which covers buses, trams, metro, lifts. Costs 6.15euro. The room was comfortable with a very large king size bed possibly bigger. It was very clean and bright with good adjustable heating. The staff were attentive and helpful at reception. The breakfast was magnificent with just about everything covered from fruits, cereals, nuts, full hot breakfast with the best creamy scrambled egg I've ever had. There is even roast beef and all the hams and cheeses. There is even champagne for a special treat if that takes your fancy first thing! The little pasteis de nata are wonderful with a coffee. The breakfast staff were also helpful and kept all the food topped up and tidy. Overall we rate this hotel very highly as a good value for money centrally located hotel with beautiful old fashioned charm. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. Very quite with City view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GillL-Wirral
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind review about your stay at the Avenida Palace. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and that you found our décor impressive.

It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Thank you for such a delightful description.

It will be a pleasure to share your comment with all our team here and we look forward to welcoming you, on your next visit to Lisbon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I chose this Hotel originally for its location. It is right in the heart of the city and although there is traffic outside never once was I aware of any noise. Every room is double glazed
Because I had booked on their own website we were upgraded to a suite on arrival, plus a 20% discount for our stay in the bar, This is really a good tip & I wish more Hotel groups did it. Our Suite was on the top 6th floor a beautiful lounge with separate bedroom all grandly decorated. Unlike many hotel these days masses of drawer & hanging space. A welcome gift awaited us on arrival & on my Birthday a bottle of bubbly with fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate. The door staff are exceptional, never once did I open the front doors, you may think that is not very important & I agree, but it goes a long way to making you feel special & that someone cares. Its just good staff training. Most of the other staff were charming and help-full. Breakfast was served on the 2nd floor in the grandest of rooms with three massive chandeliers, in fact it is a hotel of chandeliers and luxury. Breakfast provided everything that you could want, even the custard tarts that Lisbon is famous for.
The bar & the salon is the grandest of all, go to the web sight to see it. I guess its not fair to judge the bar by going in Feb. out of season but like a lot of hotel bars that are quiet you need to have a lively bar person with personality. It was better later in the week with a younger person, but we still finished up there every night of our five night stay. I only have one grouse and its small but very important. Lighting is everything it can make or break a room. Most of the bar was fine, but someone had replaced some of the overhead halogen overhead lights with unflattering cold daylight bulbs that were far too bright for the room plus the fact it killed all the lovely red furnishings. & of course the ghastly TV in the corner....Why. A great hotel, To be recommended.

Room Tip: Book on the Hotel's own web sight
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank arundelmews

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review, for rating us with five stars and for any potential recommendations. I am truly grateful for all the positive remarks about our hotel and its services.

We pledge to be always attentive to details and so, I am very pleased to know that you appreciated our small gifts. Your recognition means a lot to us.

I also want to thank you for referring the benefits for booking directly through the Hotel website, which are listed in it as “Direct Booking Benefits”.

I sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This excellent hotel was all we expected from a five star hotel, and more. Everything was comfortable, the staff were courteous, helpful and charming and the breakfasts were delightful. On my husband's birthday the hotel left in our room sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a note wishing him a very happy birthday. We cannot rate it highly enough.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was good for our family.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments on TripAdvisor and for the excellent rating. We really loved reading your review and are delighted with your kind words about the Avenida Palace.

We try our utmost every day to satisfy and even exceed our guests’ expectations and we are very pleased to know that you appreciated the surprise on your husband's birthday.

Your enthusiasm is a great source of motivation and your comments will be passed on to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you both again, very soon, to your new Lisbon residence.