3,312 results
All reviews grand old hotel train station beautiful hotel junior suite classic hotel public rooms perfect location the hotel website concierge staff breakfast buffet sitting room beautiful room five star hotel three nights bottle of champagne rossio square fresh fruit
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We spent three nights at the Avenida Palace. A really beautiful hotel with impressive decor. The location is ideal with metro right outside the door and a short walk to the tram up to Barrio Alto. Make sure you buy the 24hr travel card from the metro which covers buses, trams, metro, lifts. Costs 6.15euro. The room was comfortable with a very large king size bed possibly bigger. It was very clean and bright with good adjustable heating. The staff were attentive and helpful at reception. The breakfast was magnificent with just about everything covered from fruits, cereals, nuts, full hot breakfast with the best creamy scrambled egg I've ever had. There is even roast beef and all the hams and cheeses. There is even champagne for a special treat if that takes your fancy first thing! The little pasteis de nata are wonderful with a coffee. The breakfast staff were also helpful and kept all the food topped up and tidy. Overall we rate this hotel very highly as a good value for money centrally located hotel with beautiful old fashioned charm. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. Very quite with City view.
4  Thank GillL-Wirral
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind review about your stay at the Avenida Palace. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and that you found our décor impressive.

It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Thank you for such a delightful description.

It will be a pleasure to share your comment with all our team here and we look forward to welcoming you, on your next visit to Lisbon.

Meanwhile, you may follow the Avenida Palace on Instagram and see the nice pictures of our daily activities.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I chose this Hotel originally for its location. It is right in the heart of the city and although there is traffic outside never once was I aware of any noise. Every room is double glazed
Because I had booked on their own website we were upgraded to a suite on arrival, plus a 20% discount for our stay in the bar, This is really a good tip & I wish more Hotel groups did it. Our Suite was on the top 6th floor a beautiful lounge with separate bedroom all grandly decorated. Unlike many hotel these days masses of drawer & hanging space. A welcome gift awaited us on arrival & on my Birthday a bottle of bubbly with fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate. The door staff are exceptional, never once did I open the front doors, you may think that is not very important & I agree, but it goes a long way to making you feel special & that someone cares. Its just good staff training. Most of the other staff were charming and help-full. Breakfast was served on the 2nd floor in the grandest of rooms with three massive chandeliers, in fact it is a hotel of chandeliers and luxury. Breakfast provided everything that you could want, even the custard tarts that Lisbon is famous for.
The bar & the salon is the grandest of all, go to the web sight to see it. I guess its not fair to judge the bar by going in Feb. out of season but like a lot of hotel bars that are quiet you need to have a lively bar person with personality. It was better later in the week with a younger person, but we still finished up there every night of our five night stay. I only have one grouse and its small but very important. Lighting is everything it can make or break a room. Most of the bar was fine, but someone had replaced some of the overhead halogen overhead lights with unflattering cold daylight bulbs that were far too bright for the room plus the fact it killed all the lovely red furnishings. & of course the ghastly TV in the corner....Why. A great hotel, To be recommended.

Room Tip: Book on the Hotel's own web sight
7  Thank arundelmews

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review, for rating us with five stars and for any potential recommendations. I am truly grateful for all the positive remarks about our hotel and its services.

We pledge to be always attentive to details and so, I am very pleased to know that you appreciated our small gifts. Your recognition means a lot to us.

I also want to thank you for referring the benefits for booking directly through the Hotel website, which are listed in it as “Direct Booking Benefits”.

I sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This excellent hotel was all we expected from a five star hotel, and more. Everything was comfortable, the staff were courteous, helpful and charming and the breakfasts were delightful. On my husband's birthday the hotel left in our room sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a note wishing him a very happy birthday. We cannot rate it highly enough.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was good for our family.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments on TripAdvisor and for the excellent rating. We really loved reading your review and are delighted with your kind words about the Avenida Palace.

We try our utmost every day to satisfy and even exceed our guests’ expectations and we are very pleased to know that you appreciated the surprise on your husband's birthday.

Your enthusiasm is a great source of motivation and your comments will be passed on to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you both again, very soon, to your new Lisbon residence.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I am not really used to people being very polite and waiting on me, so the moment I arrived and the doorman opened the door and tried to take our bags, I knew I was a little out of my comfort zone, being a bit of a socialist, I insisted that he didn't have to carry my bags, but as time went on, I realised that service was the key here.
Reception greeted me, with a friendly professional manner, and gave over all the information I needed.
The room was wonderful, only one snag, I could have asked I am sure, and it would have been supplied is a kettle and some tea bags etc, which I usually have had in hotels in the past, but not here, is that a 5* thing?
Everything was good, really palatial throughout, really clean, friendly staff, breakfast was Ok, the bar lovely, though rather expensive for a beer(€7 for 300ml) we were entertained by a piano player while we enjoyed our beer and nuts! In very sumptuous surroundings, all that kind of colourful carpet, furniture, decor, plastic flowers etc.
Staff were very kind too, to give me a lend of an umbrella during my stay, so that was really appreciated too.
I have been far and wide, but this is the poshest place I have ever stayed in, I know, every city has a few hotels like this, and I just wanted to enjoy Valentines weekend with my loved one.
Thank you for making my stay in Lisbon a really nice one Avenida Palace.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the street, but I opted for no street, for the purpose of peace and quiet.
1  Thank Theycallitmadness

Dear Guest,

We are the ones who wish to thank you for so a wonderful review. We are thrilled to know that you chose the Avenida Palace for your Valentine's weekend with you loved one and that we contributed to "a really nice stay" in Lisbon.

It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and so, we are thrilled to know how highly you valued your experience.

Your enthusiasm for our Hotel is very much appreciated and so we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at the Avenida Palace in a not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 February 2017

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week during last January. The staff was courteous and helpful, the room was neat and spacious and the breakfast was excellent. In addition, the building itself its a fine example of late XIX century neoclassical architecture with very delicate decoration. The hotel location is great, on the very elegant Avenida da Liberdade, and close to the amazing Rossio train station. It is also at walking distance from the Praca do Comercio and other historical attractions.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank sc000000
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted with your comments on our hotel and its location. Thank you also for the feedback about our staff and about our buffet breakfast which you found to be excellent.

I do hope that the Avenida Palace will welcome you back in a future stay.

Yours sincerely,