3,320 results
All reviews grand old hotel beautiful hotel train station junior suite classic hotel public rooms perfect location the hotel website concierge staff breakfast buffet sitting room beautiful room five star hotel three nights bottle of champagne rossio square fresh fruit
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This excellent hotel was all we expected from a five star hotel, and more. Everything was comfortable, the staff were courteous, helpful and charming and the breakfasts were delightful. On my husband's birthday the hotel left in our room sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a note wishing him a very happy birthday. We cannot rate it highly enough.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was good for our family.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments on TripAdvisor and for the excellent rating. We really loved reading your review and are delighted with your kind words about the Avenida Palace.

We try our utmost every day to satisfy and even exceed our guests’ expectations and we are very pleased to know that you appreciated the surprise on your husband's birthday.

Your enthusiasm is a great source of motivation and your comments will be passed on to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you both again, very soon, to your new Lisbon residence.

Meanwhile, you may follow the Avenida Palace on Instagram and see the nice pictures of our daily activities.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I am not really used to people being very polite and waiting on me, so the moment I arrived and the doorman opened the door and tried to take our bags, I knew I was a little out of my comfort zone, being a bit of a socialist, I insisted that he didn't have to carry my bags, but as time went on, I realised that service was the key here.
Reception greeted me, with a friendly professional manner, and gave over all the information I needed.
The room was wonderful, only one snag, I could have asked I am sure, and it would have been supplied is a kettle and some tea bags etc, which I usually have had in hotels in the past, but not here, is that a 5* thing?
Everything was good, really palatial throughout, really clean, friendly staff, breakfast was Ok, the bar lovely, though rather expensive for a beer(€7 for 300ml) we were entertained by a piano player while we enjoyed our beer and nuts! In very sumptuous surroundings, all that kind of colourful carpet, furniture, decor, plastic flowers etc.
Staff were very kind too, to give me a lend of an umbrella during my stay, so that was really appreciated too.
I have been far and wide, but this is the poshest place I have ever stayed in, I know, every city has a few hotels like this, and I just wanted to enjoy Valentines weekend with my loved one.
Thank you for making my stay in Lisbon a really nice one Avenida Palace.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the street, but I opted for no street, for the purpose of peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theycallitmadness

Dear Guest,

We are the ones who wish to thank you for so a wonderful review. We are thrilled to know that you chose the Avenida Palace for your Valentine's weekend with you loved one and that we contributed to "a really nice stay" in Lisbon.

It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and so, we are thrilled to know how highly you valued your experience.

Your enthusiasm for our Hotel is very much appreciated and so we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back at the Avenida Palace in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week during last January. The staff was courteous and helpful, the room was neat and spacious and the breakfast was excellent. In addition, the building itself its a fine example of late XIX century neoclassical architecture with very delicate decoration. The hotel location is great, on the very elegant Avenida da Liberdade, and close to the amazing Rossio train station. It is also at walking distance from the Praca do Comercio and other historical attractions.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank sc000000
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted with your comments on our hotel and its location. Thank you also for the feedback about our staff and about our buffet breakfast which you found to be excellent.

I do hope that the Avenida Palace will welcome you back in a future stay.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

We have traveled all over the world but the Avendia Palace was one of our best experiences ever! When we checked in because we booked directly with the hotel and a suite was available we were upgraded. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything but the room was well insulated from any traffic noise. The breakfast was exquisite! It even included salmon and champagne. The service throughout the beautiful hotel was flawless. I would recommenced this hotel to others without hesitation!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KayeN558

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avenida Palace. I cannot thank you enough for having taken the time to leave your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It is so rewarding to know that you felt like royalty during your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be "one of the best experiences ever". I will not fail to convey your comments with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you again, very soon, to your new Lisbon residence.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Stayed two nights in late January during four-country vacation, first visit to Lisbon. Difficult to find better location, centrally located for Metro (Restauradores) and walking throughout the city. Hotel is beautiful, ornate décor and superbly maintained. Breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful, all staff attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank BrettA541

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for choosing to stay at the Avenida Palace, on your first visit to Lisbon and for writing this great review. I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed the hotel, its location and its breakfast.

I was also very pleased with your kind comments regarding our team who you found to be attentive and helpful. Be assured that I will be sharing these with all.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your new Lisbon residence, the next time you are in Lisbon.

Kind regards,