All reviews overlooked the garden swimming pool three star railway station hotel is spotless lovely pool staying at this hotel sea front half board nearest beach fresh fruit cold meats lisbon city centre cleaned every day small balcony sun loungers public transport
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We wanted to come to this part of Portugal to explore Lisbon and its surrounding attractions. The Lisbon hotels seemed rather pricey even at the end of September and so we opted for the Hotel Londres, with the intention of using it as base. It fulfilled this function admirably.
The Londres is situated in a very handy location. It is about a fifteen minute walk to the beach at Estoril and also the railway station. Trains run from here every quarter of an hour into Lisbon city centre. The journey takes roughly thirty minutes and the return fare is about six euros. The sites of Belem can also be reached by train, whilst Sintra and its palaces are about a 25 minute drive away. The hotel does not have a car park except three spaces in front of reception, but free street parking is available 100 yards away.
The reception and other communal areas are quite utilitarian and functional, but the guest rooms are of a reasonably size, with reasonably sized bathrooms and comfortable beds. The hotel was kept spotlessly clean.
At the rear of the Londres there is a terrace with sun-loungers and a swimming pool for those wanting to cool off after a day of sight-seeing. There is also a permanently staffed bar and a more than adequate buffet breakfast is served every morning at the lower level.
As was the case in all of the six hotels we stayed in Spain and Portugal, none had tea or coffee making facilities as standard in the room. If you are that way inclined, it might be worth digging out the old travelling kettle.
All the staff in the hotel were very helpful and pleasant. With the exception of the hotel shop selling copies of the Daily Mail, there is not a lot wrong with the Londres. It is not luxurious, but it serves its purpose at a reasonable price and I have no hesitation in recommending it to visitors planning to explore the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

It is unbelievable how being nice with guests can make the difference.
From the moment we arrived you could notice the massive lack of hospitality and how unprepared the staff of the hotel was. When you travel for several hours and you arrive at the exact check in time, we've been "welcomed" by the reception with the bill in advance, for our stay and with the room not being ready yet.
I want to mention that we booked two months in advance our stay and our time spent there was for 7 days.
During our staying we encountered major errors in how the hotel is managed and how important is to train the members of the staff.
When we asked for an iron, they just told us that they don't have one and hang up the phone.
There is no bar service after midnight, even if you are asking just for a glass of wine and a beer. When I asked the night receptionist if they provide room service we got again the same cold attitude and a negative answer. I believe he is really busy if he's never at the desk not when you walk in to the hotel, or when you have to knock on the door when you return after midnight and you try to get in.
The moment when a group of 80 people checked in was the tip of the iceberg of unacceptable hospitality.
You could notice straight away that the bar staff were completely untrained when there was a line of 30 people waiting for a drink, the bartender struggling with making two mojitos and another 3 members of the staff are chatting in the pantry with the unexpected amount of people waiting over 30 min to get service. Of course at this point, two other members of the reception team,were just watching the entire "spectacle".
The place is a disgrace and very expensive for what they have to offer.
I will definitely not return!
I forgot to mention that the room cleaners are very loud in the morning and you can hear every single sound through the old fashion doors. Our room was right next to cleaning cupboard also so a nice early morning every morning.
The decor is very old and very overused, even if they mention that they had a recent refurbished.
A last mention, the receptionist with tattoos don't deserve to work at the front desk, even if it was just a simple supermarket.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mircea M
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Just back from 9 nights in Hotel Londres. We done their Half-board July special offer which turned out to be very good value.

The hotel is very well run. It's very clean and the food is of a good standard. At meal times there is quite a limited choice but what is on offer is of a good quality.

The hotel is at the top of a little hill so wont be for everyone. It was no problem for us though and we would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms, cold pool, good location, close to railway and beach as well as restaurants and Cascais, easy transportation to Lisbon and Sintra, okay breakfast, don't miss food market in Lisbon

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel with two of my children for four days. When I booked the hotel I didn't realise that it's at the top of a fairly steep hill. As I'm recovering from a broken ankle and I have arthritis it was probably not the best location for me.The pavement from the hotel to the main beach area has slippy uneven cobbles so be aware of this is your mobility isn't too good and you're thinking of staying at this hotel. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful.I'd asked for a low floor room,which I got and I am grateful for that. The room was quite nice. It overlooked the garden which is a lovely area to sit in and it's also very quiet around there. The third bed in the room was a fold down bed but was full sized which was good. When the bed was down it did make the room very small for 3 people to move around in easily. There aren't enough coat hangers in the wardrobe for 3 people but there are enough drawers to use.The bathroom looks tired,but that might be the colour of the tiles. It was very clean and spacious. Lots of places to put your toiletries. The only fault is the shower curtain. I've not stayed in a hotel with a shower curtain for years. My youngest son didn't put it inside the bath and flooded the bathroom! He thought he wasn't supposed to get it wet! A shower screen would be better,also from a hygiene perspective.
There is a safe in the room but you have to pay a 20 euro deposit for a key and it's 1.50 euros per day.Unfortunately as it's a key operated safe it means that you have to carry the key with you all day. I was worried about losing it. The room also has a proper key rather than a key card. I left the key at reception when we went out to make sure I didn't lose it when we were out.
There is no kettle in the room. I took my own and I was very pleased that I did.
The bar was very good. Drinks reasonably priced and a lovely friendly barmaid serving them. We took our drinks to the pool area which is a great place to sit in the sun. The downside to the pool area is the pool. Oh my God it was so cold! Like getting into an ice bath! And there is no hand rail for getting in and out of the pool which I needed. Luckily I have a very helpful son.There are lots of sun beds and it's a real sun trap.
Breakfast was ok. Nothing more. One thing we noticed was that you're not signed in so even if you haven't paid for breakfast you would be able to have it as there is no one at the entrance to the restaurant ticking your room off a list.
The hotel is in a good location for the beach and beach front restaurants and also for the railway station to take the train into Lisbon. It's about 40 minutes on the train and well worth the journey.The ticket was 4.95 euros return. You can also get the train to Cascais or walk there along the promenade by the sea. It's alovely walk to take and a really nice town to visit.
We enjoyed the beach at Estoril. The sea was extremely cold but as it's the North Atlantic it was to be expected!
This is my second visit to Estoril. It's a lovely resort. Unfortunately I wouldn't chose to stay at this hotel again because of it's location,but if you're fit and able it's a good hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden as it's nice and quiet there at night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family