See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel is located not far from the central square of the city (about somewhat 200 meters) and from local bus station (10-15 minute walk). But near the bus station we met nobody who could inform us about the distance and direction to the hotel. We found it only after half an hour of hard searching. The hotel has a lift. The room and bathroom unit is spacious enough. On the bed there were clean linen and warm blankets. Comfortable mattress. In the shower room I saw a hairdryer. Breakfast is included into the rate. This is not often found in similar hotels of Portugal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

The location is the best of this hotel, free parking is fine. Furtermore is it outdated and there is also a little bit a strange smell at the room. Breakfast is simple, but they can serve the fruit better!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2011

following the tips on here, we boked the superior room, meaning the 3rd flood one.
Plenty of space and reasonable furniture.

The mini-fridge stank, and when opening, the room kinda smelled too, but we could open the window... thank god for incense sticks!
The plumbing also had a smell, like they weren't used for a while.
The windows were dirty, with dust and the rain (although it was a hot week)

We were very welcomed by the receptionist, who guided us by phone as the city is in construction / road pavement and we were driving in circles in viseu.
After checking in, we only walked through the city: The old town, the historic buildings, the funiculaire (dunno how to say it in english, is like the one they have in Montmatre/ Paris). Wear confortable shoes when exploring the town, as Viseu is all cobble stone pavement and up and down hill!
The hotel itself is located on a uphill street.
The parking is very narrow and linited, you might have difficulties in parking in front of the hotel or in the same street.

the breakfast was poor, and lacking of so much. THere was: milk, coffee, tea, yogurt, powder dissolved juice (blhahhhh), bread, sweet cake, fresh fruit, cheese and ham, fruit salad (!!). For a non dairy it is even more limited the options...
the elvator was a joke, small as a button, with very sensitive sensors, keeping bringing us down to ground floor! the 2 of us could hardly fit there with out minimal 1 night luggage!

Room Tip: superior room all the way!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank carlos_e_sofia
Reviewed 22 March 2011

It's a old and quiet Hotel, well located, good bed's ... but I think that is not 3 star hotel ... maybe 2, no attention to failures and need to be refurbished.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PauloBica
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I've been there about a week.

I went for Viseu for a friend's wedding and he recommended this hotel because he managed to get a real good price (about € 38 / night).
It's a small hotel, near the city center, located in a residential building.
The problem is they had shown to my friend the 3rd floor rooms, which have been redecorated recently. Despite the relative small size (12 square meter plus 3 square meter bathroom), they have wood floor, good beds and a nice view. He got one of those for his last night as single.
The guests, which included me and great part of his family, got the 2nd and 1st floor rooms, which, in benefit of truth and being euphemistic, stuck frozen in the early 80's. Carpet floor, lousy beds (my poor back still remembers) and the bonus for me, a broken toilet seat!!!
Of course, no one complained about this on his wedding date, but in the very next day, he came to me and asked if I shared the same unpleasant feeling that the rest of his family experienced. What could I say...
All in all, the service wasn't that bad, as at 6.30 a.m. I asked the attender for hot water and he promptly and swiftly managed. He wasn't the most pleasant person in the world, but who is at that hour of the day?
Also the rooms were cleaned everyday around 13.00, all the beds were made, but the towels remained the same since day 1.
I must say that I got a fair price for the service, but only because of my friend's negotiation, otherwise and given the balcony prices (€ 60 / room) I would prefer other offers closely located and within the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family